Music Man
Years ago

Song requests for this season

Any ideas on tunes you think would get the dome going for the upcoming season?....my only specifics is that the songs must be clean lyrically ( it's a family show remember)

Thanks

MM

Topic #576 | Report this topic

pene pee pee  
Years ago

how about "can u feel it" by the jackson five. Its something new and hot. and i doubt the adelaide crowd has heard it before.

for mine - how about P.I.M.P by 50 cent?

Reply #5384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anything catchy, which I guess has already been done in past seasons.

I like a lot of the tracks used in the And1 mixtapes, but it'd be a chore sifting out the language.

I have a few 1-2 hour mixes with some great parts in them (intros, hooks, etc).

Reply #5386 | Report this post

Ozzie  
Years ago

The intro to Colors....by Ice-T. This could be played before each quarter or half or whatever...an absolute classic though.

Superstar by Novy vs Eniac.

Reply #5401 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

I reckon if you could get a clean version of 'Stand Up' by Scribe (and also cut out that bit about New Zealand :D) that would be great.

Also get some Hilltop Hoods, like the 'the Nosebleed Section' (a bit overplayed, I know) and 'the Sentinel'. Always good to get some Adelaide stuff in.

A couple of ideas for in-game music are 'Fix Up, Look Sharp' by Dizzee Rascal (kind of a new-school We Will Rock You) and 'Cmon Cmon' by the Von Bondies.

Maybe for intro music you could look at 'Run' by Pacifier, 'Generator' by the Foo Fighters or 'Purple Haze' by Jimi Hendrix.

Reply #5403 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

Little Green Bag - by the George Baker Selection

Reply #5408 | Report this post

NAstradamus  
Years ago

@ halftime they should play "halftime" by Nas off he Illmatic Album!

Reply #5411 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Some more of the wrestling tracks!!! :-)

Especially since Angle is back in action.

Reply #5418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Boom Boom Wayo' by the Outhere Brothers
'Roc Ya Body Mic Check 1 2' by MVP
'Raise The Roof' by Basketball Songs
'Space Jam' by Jock Jamz

Reply #5419 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice when Farley or Maher drains a HUGE 3!

Reply #5428 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

SUPERSTAR (song) - JAMELIA (artist)

this song was a top 40 number - very appealing to all ages - good beat

Reply #5429 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Walk Idiot Walk - Hives

Reply #5434 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand

Reply #5435 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Get Free - The Vines

Reply #5436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant touch this - mc hammer every time we get some big ass dunk on someone or a block.

Reply #5438 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

How about Blue Bayou - Linda Ronstadt

Any Kenny Rogers or Dolly Parton...and throw in some Lize Minelli and Barbra Streisand for a good mix.

Get the joint rocking!!

Seriously.....

I'm gettin into the Hoodz now myself...and always enjoy a good Jock Jamz mix....

Now..if only we could get speakers in The Dome that actually let us hear what is being said and played.....

Reply #5442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OKAY if you're going to talk about any PUMP UP songs and songs that should be played during games, you CANT GO PAST

Fighter - Christina Aguilera

After all, it was the song for the clip for the NBA Love It Live commercial on ESPN! It's perfect!

Reply #5444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im thinkin 'Eye of the Tiger' is a good one, it's always a such a big hit down South! Dust it off and get down.

Reply #5445 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

lets get it started by black eyed peas

Reply #5449 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

spiderbait - take your pick!
cochise - audioslave

in fact, just copy Sports Tonight

Reply #5457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cant have any of that lolly pop rubbish. has to be old skool hip hop or something new skool. can also play something like jemi hendrix. so dont play non of that stupid Vines rubbish. basketball=hip hop not rock (unless its something like hendrix or eye of the tiger, queens, etc)

Reply #5472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rage against the machine aint a bad choice, pretty much any song will do. for example, guerilla radio.
need some RUN DMC, fo sho.

Reply #5474 | Report this post

Lady Fan  
Years ago

Barbara Streisand - The Way We Were (oh how we dream)

Bette Midler - The Rose (Boti's media comments)

Julie Andrews - Hills Alive Sound Music (nosebleed section)

Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits (6rs dancing girls)

Shirley Bassey - Big Spender (BASA!)

Cher - Turn Back Time (for drawn games)

Dolly Parton - Country Girl (imports theme)

Whitney Houston - any - awesome voice to lead the cheers for the 6rs!!

Reply #5478 | Report this post

fo reel  
Years ago

basketball by Master P. a remake of Kurtis Blow's Basketball song.
the master P one just fits bball perfectly-it's based on U.S playa's-but it's just the vibe thats awesome.

master P tried to be an NBA player too...

Reply #5481 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Before any other hip-hop we need to get in some Hilltops. A track from left field of theirs is the opening track on their second album "Left Foot, Right Foot" called "Are you Ready." Check it out.

No Fifty. Terrible....the dude mumbles. Do we want to hear a song about pimping at a family show?

Definately no wack J-Wess.

Ice Cube - You Can do it - should stay, a classic.

Can 2 Unlimited "Are you ready for this?" be played at the start of the game for retro appeal?

Reply #5483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about "I'm a Loser" by the Beatles.

This can be played when the opposition player or coach gets a tech or an unsportsmanlike foul etc.

Heard it played in States - very funny.

Reply #5493 | Report this post

sixersfan  
Years ago

"ya'll ready for this"
"the hey song"

definately ice cube "you can put your back into it"

BUT first we have to get some hilltop hoods crankin! "Dumb Enough" "Nosebleed Section" or even "testimonial year"

tina turner "simply the best" - after mahersy does anything!!

"lets get it started" by black eyed peas is another must same with "eye of the tiger"

"Fix up, look sharp" would also get the crowd going, its got awesome base. and "cant touch this" by mc hammer, the greatest bball song ever along with "whoomp there it is" by tag team.

When the team runs out - "Who let the dogs out" did it a couple of years ago and it was great.

So please music man get some new beats blasting out of those speakers cos i'm getting a bit sick of the old ones.

Reply #5503 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No more "Who let the dogs out" please. I beg you. Most annoying song ever.

I hope Thunderstruck is staying for the intros...

Reply #5504 | Report this post

Ozzie  
Years ago

Hands up - Black Eyed Peas

Reply #5506 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What about that stupid song with the "Our house our house" chant...if they stopped playing that it would not be soon enough

Reply #5509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the White Stripes, Seven Nation Army.....catchy...

Reply #5511 | Report this post

Charles  
Years ago

All I Want Is You by U2.

Reply #5514 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

BEP, Run DMC, 'they dont really care about us' by michael jackson- u wont regret it

Reply #5568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about '2000 man' by Ace Frehley

Reply #5577 | Report this post

tanner  
Years ago

angel eyes by paulini - this would be a certain hit for the fans - and in particular, myself.

Reply #5589 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

That would really get the crowd pumping....or sleeping

Reply #5590 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

More likely the latter.

Reply #5597 | Report this post

As much as i'm into old school - the tunes must be fresh and new.

While some classics are kept at NBA venues, every time I have seen a game they prodominatly have played top 10 music.

Again, not my style but I think its the best way to appeal to broader audience.

Please, please NO MORE 'come on, come on' etc..... It's killing me!

Reply #5598 | Report this post

simba  
Years ago

How about Roses by Outkast?

When there's a fight play "Girls just wanna have fun".

Reply #5640 | Report this post

notch  
Years ago

Eye in the sky - Alan Parsons Project

Has to be played during tense timeouts.

Should also be used for player introductions chicago bulls style

Reply #5652 | Report this post

barry bissell  
Years ago

anything in the telstra top 40 should get the crowd really into it. by the way, great idea notch, i was thinkin the same thing. turn all the lights off during player intro's and have a spotlight following the players (36ers only) out as you play 'eye in the sky'

Reply #5677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poppa Jo - by Sweet

Reply #5692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

master p was in NBA. oh we need a new announcer. hes so damn corny, doesnt say anything that crowd really reacts too. halftime show should get something like the bulls, ie people playing bucket like their drums (awesome).

Reply #5701 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Barry -- I don't believe that's possible with the lights at the Dome. I think they take a while to warm up so if you switched them off for the spotlight to be effective, then you'd have to delay the game for however long until they powered back up.

It's unfortunate though because if you've seen something like the intro to a Detroit game, they do some awesome stuff with spotlights and fire -- looks incredible and that's just on TV!

If I were running the show, I'd do a tour of a few NBA games (watch tapes at least) to get some ideas from the pros. There has to be something a bit more special than having the team run out through the players' race between the dancers, again and again. Or lining up quietly after the roster has been announced.

Reply #5707 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I think the lights take at least 15 minutes to get going again plus the way the place is wired you can not actualy black the building out at all....

I remember when the Norwood Flames entered their own team into the CBA they would black out Forestville and have BBQ torches burning for the players to run out through....it was cheap but looked good.

Reply #5712 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BBQ torches would've been better than some of the lighting at Forestville too...

Can you get it even slightly darker? If so, they could get the main lights off, flick them back on and then do the spotlight intro while the main lights are still warming up.

Cover the main lights with something? Haha.

Reply #5714 | Report this post

Ja  
Years ago

lets get it started by black eyed peas

Reply #5769 | Report this post

saw  
Years ago

When the oppososition is going down in the last quarter: Waterloo - Abba

Reply #5795 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

During a time out with only seconds to go in the game, you could play "Final Countdown" by Europe

Reply #5813 | Report this post

JJ  
Years ago

'what it is to burn' by finch...right when the guys screams is when the team can run out, its great..

Reply #14609 | Report this post

JessRob  
Years ago

I play basketball personally..and my teams favorite songs are Back in Black by Ac/Dc(our colors are black and gold) and another songs is 'Welcome to the Jungle' our school's mascot is a lion! so they fit perfectly!

Reply #53685 | Report this post

Leigh  
Years ago

Welcome to the Jungle would be a great warm up song, also Nosebleed section and Let's Get It Started.
I'd love to hear Feel Good Inc. by the Gorillaz in warm up and Filthy Gorgeous by the Scissor Sistors with dance performance by the seals at half time.
Please no Christina or anything Australian Idol, it's not really good for a mens game, possibly the Fella's though.

Reply #53699 | Report this post

SouthSider  
Years ago

Nothings worse at the game than the highly repetitive non musical annoying rubbish thats started to be played this season.

Reply #56886 | Report this post

Carmelo  
Years ago

I HATE TECHNO.

Reply #56891 | Report this post

Cody  
Years ago

Sun doesnt rise by mushroom head best song ever to run out to we did it twice and it pump the hell out of us

Reply #65385 | Report this post

Grant Bailey  
Years ago

this song here gets every one pump and the fans pump

Reply #65584 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

right now- van halen

Reply #71336 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

OLD SCHOOL!

"Fanfare for the common man"
(Ch9 Wide World of Sports theme)
Emerson, Lake & Palmer

If you don't know it, try downloading it - classic!

Reply #71360 | Report this post

Brendan  
Years ago

i can't get pumped with anything but hip hop.

99 problems- jay z
remember the name- fort minor
stuntin like my daddy- lil wayne
fireman- lil wayne
soldier- eminem
can't be touched- roy jones
heart of a champion- nelly
bet that- lil jon and others
hate me now- naz and p diddy
tipsy- j-kwon
pump it up- joe budden

Reply #112783 | Report this post

anon.  
Years ago

Remember The Name-Fort Minor is the most AMAZING bball warm up song in the whole world!! it totally goes along with the whole meaning of bball...please listen to it! i promise you'll LOVE it...get the clean edit...if not there's the fu*k word once. hope this helped!

Reply #114036 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754