The Rat
Years ago

Breakers Trial Bell

Latest news from NZ is that the Bearcats Paul Bell is trailing with them in NZ. Obviously very short on players at the moment, but Bell has impressed NZ coach Frank Arsego with his 1 move. No....I'm serious he has just 1 move. In fact NZ import Mike Chappell has asked Frank to put little foot marks on the floor at their new stadium so that he can try and copy the magic!!!!!

Topic #577 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow are you serious, how did he hook up this gig??

Reply #5400 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats unfair - he has at lest 3 moves - the drop step, the jump hook and the up and under - all moves which should make the pre game haka very entertainig!

Reply #5405 | Report this post

The Rat  
Years ago

Problem is all 3 moves have different names but are in fact the same thing ....and all to the right! His move is about as exciting as a John Hopoatu finger party!

And as far as the Haka goes, Bell has about as much co ordination as as Truslove has in blowling alley....just not very sharp.

Tks also to the people who informed me that my original message should have read Breakers Trialing Bell instead of Trailing...I realise that....now

Reply #5415 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

I cant believe Paul Bell is training with them. Cant be true.

Reply #5420 | Report this post

Vial  
Years ago

Yep it is true. I know The Rat and if he says its true then its true. In fact if it isnt true then it should be true because PB can really go....True.

Reply #5421 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

No way. Bell is useless. He just cant play. Cant believe he made the allstar team as well. Word has it that he was in fact Capt of the worst every Bearcats team in History. UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Reply #5422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Come on! You could call him a one-trick circus, or claim that his team underperformed, but 20+ PPG says that he can play.

As for the Breakers, I'm pretty sure they've filled their roster, but there was a car accident this morning that put two of their development squad out for a year (broken leg, broken ankle, etc).

Breakers Roster:

Henare
Chappell
Cameron
Redhage
Pepper

Tait
Olson
Thompson
Boucher
Truslove

Reply #5424 | Report this post

Phillip  
Years ago

Bloody hell Big Fella, congratulations!

Reply #5426 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Isn't Truslove over there (hint hint?) ?

Reply #5430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

too bloody right phillip.

i think we need to err find out who this bloody tommy character is and give him a bloody slap up side the head big fella. What u bloody reckon?

Reply #5441 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

why is bell trialing with the breakers

Reply #5455 | Report this post

Phillip  
Years ago

Tools, tools, tools!
Go back to the dirty rats first post.
Very serious don't you think?
Tommy, anon and unknown - go directly to the house of mirrors and have a long hard look at yourselves, you tools!

Reply #5467 | Report this post

The Rat  
Years ago

Look, this is true. Bell has been training with the Breakers, guarding Chappell etc...probably be in the papers soon.

Reply #5482 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Right, training, not trialling. That makes a bit more sense...

Over on holiday, visiting Blake I take it?

Reply #5485 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently he was told to guard Chappell in the scrimmage with his main task being to lift Chappell's confidence.\
Unfortunately, this didnt work....Chappell in counselling as we speak.

Reply #5492 | Report this post

JETSON  
Years ago

Lads

I can confirm that this is no hoax
Boucher may be on the verge of getting the sack for disciplanary reasons and Bell is their insurnace policy.

By all reports he has been carving up the court and could have a role to play of the bench.

Reply #5494 | Report this post

ray  
Years ago

Bell has about 6 moves, unfortunately they all involve picking up chicks!

Reply #5496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently he developed a move over there that they call the "sheep" move after the kiwi's affinities with this particular animal.

It involves attacking the split line, driving hard up the middle and penetrating the D, before dishing off at the end - all within the 24 seconds allowed on shot clock.

Reply #5497 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

It's about time some of the elder players were given a chance, I also heard a little whisper that David Spear is close to filling their vacant Ass coach's spot.

That will mean 3 former bearcats deep into sheepsville. David Spear has been to keen to return to coaching ever since planes started flying into buildings. The airline industry is not taking off.

Reply #5500 | Report this post

The Rat  
Years ago

Agree on Spear. Definately looking to coach next year but doubtful it will be in NZ.

Coaching in NZ would be similar to a Scott Whitmore basketball career, all fluff & wool with no real substance, but perhaps more sexual activity that Scott seeing as his tends to be more by himself. Others?

Reply #5505 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

Ah Yes...Mr Whitmore. I remember him. Nice chap. A lovely big nose too. Looks alot like another former bearcat and North coach that now lives in Sydney. Related perhaps?

Reply #5507 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Isn't it a good thing that another South Australian good be playing NBL? Bit harsh I think we are being...

Reply #5510 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

If Speary is coaching locally as rumoured I wonder if he has relaxed the (no hats worn into the stadium rule) Last time he coached it was believed he introduced this rule as a sign of respect it was later found out that as a child his favourite hat was lost at the old Bowden stadium and any reminder of this would send him into a state of panic.

His lack of hair now is a result of not wearing caps over a 20 year period.

I hear though that he is a good coach so whoever lands his services will be lucky, just dont pass the hat around to cover his huge salary expectations.

Reply #5522 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

I hear he is an outstanding coach, premierships as a coach, player etc. In fact he could be the next 36ers coach...Not sure about the hats thing though. I suppose at least his nose is of normal size. Is that a Woodville thing?

Reply #5567 | Report this post

Slipnott  
Years ago

In the land of the long white cloud the one move man is king

Reply #5725 | Report this post

Kansas City Mack  
Years ago

Paul Bell is also appearing in Once Were Warriors 3: Return of the Drop Step.

Reply #5743 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754