what the
Years ago

u16 Div 1 boys - who's your tip...

this group looks very much a close finish.

Very good standard game on Sunday at Pasadena...

Will really get down to the wire between the top teams in this group

Topic #578 | Report this topic

incognito  
Years ago

Go Flames!

Reply #5413 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I like the Sabres!

Reply #5416 | Report this post

saw  
Years ago

Sturty6ers,

Your name indicated you like the Sabres.

However I think this thread is about who do we think will win U16B D1 not who we like!!

Reply #5417 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

After Sunday's win, can't go past the Flames!

Reply #5423 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

Forestville could not contain the dribblers on Sunday.

They also needed some better scoring options from outside.

Still a good game.

Does anyone know how mnay state players were in that game?

i only saw 2/3 of the game.

Reply #5431 | Report this post

Mr happy  
Years ago

there was 6 metro and 3 country but one of the country was missing so 2.

Reply #5446 | Report this post

Birdtreat  
Years ago

eagles will win the grandfinal by 20 points.

Reply #5469 | Report this post

agreed  
Years ago

birdtreat who are you

Reply #5475 | Report this post

Only three teams have any form to make the GF...

Two teams will only be waiters serving them in Sturt and South.

North have too many Pavlova lovers and are moody & temperamental. Coach is ho-hum. Can he inspire them?

Forestville like the pleasure of dining out but have no real strong hunger to win. Coach is 1st class. Can he lift them?

Norwood now devouring everything in their sights and ravenous for more! Coach is sharp. Can he polish them?

Norwood wins GF by 15+ points!!Anyone else wins, expect a donation to your team via your club office!!

Reply #5609 | Report this post

Roy  
Years ago

It is a 2 team grand final... it is goin to be a Forrestvill and North grand final.. up down game in the grand my tip is north by 9.
No team has any playes to stop all Norths bigmen inside, and the out side shooting of the guards will give the other team no hope...

Reply #5665 | Report this post

nall  
Years ago

flames will win hands down. they have talent printed on their faces

Reply #5668 | Report this post

Benny  
Years ago

Who will stop big Sammy Whittleston, too big and too strong. The Chief will take the Rockets all the way!!

Reply #5735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he does shit all vs the good teams, he isnt very good

Reply #5767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what the who are you?

Reply #5817 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

well ur wrong about north they got knocked out. its between Fville and the winner out of Norwood and Sturt should be a good game.

oh yer obviously Fville won today against Norwood just a reminder!

Reply #5937 | Report this post

fan + player  
Years ago

obviously norwoods going to win. they've got half the state team in thier side and a reserve. they've got the hight and the guards to beat any of the other teams in their group. GO ZAC JOHNSON!

Reply #5995 | Report this post

Magarnigal  
Years ago

Eagles to win for sure! Runs on the board! Norwood haven't got the job done all season! Summer GF, State Champs!!

Yes Norwood have the talent, that might be the problem! But this team clearly struggles when the game is on the line! Half the state team perhaps that's why we were so bad at nationals!!

Norwood's problem is mental, perhaps people should stop telling them how great they are!

Talent only gets you so far

Reply #6037 | Report this post

MyRestaurantRules  
Years ago

Well, North started early on their creamy pavlovas and soft drinks that South served them, while the Norwood guys went on an unpolished hunger strike at the hairdressers, and Sturt took over the restaurant as new owners in determined style. Forestville chowed down for a change but almost choked themselves into unconsciousness. Unless Norwood lift their game, looks like a cash donation going out the door!!

Reply #6040 | Report this post

The Highlight  
Years ago

Go North. Stephen MacMahon will rip it up. no one can contain him off the dribble. No one can stop his shot. He is awesome. Can come through in big games, just look at the school KO GF. Played sum pretty big minutes for a year 10.

Reply #6201 | Report this post

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

Ummmm, isn't North already OUT??

Reply #6208 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

ur a funny one "The Highlight" cause steve only has one hand and if u force him right he cant do jack shit and then he jacks up threes and thats about it. its stupid how far out he shoots cause he gets like 1 out of 50

Reply #6222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes and he is VERY VERY slow compared to other guards

Reply #6225 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve is the most over rated player in the whole state. his shooting accuracy is poor considering the number of shots taken and he certainly has very limited ability to get anyone else involved in the game. Defensively he is over committed to the steal and cannot contain a half decent guard.

Reply #6631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The highlight you have got problems, Steve you must not understand the game he has lots of problems. Go Forestville

Reply #6911 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

The $50-00 questions from 2/9/04..........

"Forestville like the pleasure of dining out but have no real strong hunger to win. Coach is 1st class. Can he lift them?

Norwood now devouring everything in their sights and ravenous for more! Coach is sharp. Can he polish them?"

Also, do Forestville want to have the Winter Premmy under their belts as well as the Summer Premmy and the State Champs they already have?

Place $50-00 on more polish coming through than lifting. Norwood by 3.

Reply #6951 | Report this post

ABCD  
Years ago

I think Forestville will win by 14. No one on norwoods team can contain Harry Harvey. In state champs harry could just dribble up and hit 3's all day long. Jarryd Fildes has also improved out of sight and will cause some problems for Norwood.

Reply #7030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville will win on sunday i tip by under 10

Reply #7347 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

Clearly everyone should stop picking on poor lil steve. He played better than most expected in perth, despite the fact that he, or anyone for that matter, could not knock a perimeter shot. Secondly, i think that norwood are going to win on sunday. They are in good form at the moment, easily beating the mighty sabres (me btw) last week. As mentioned previously, their opening five is unmatched in talent, however brains will be the key. If they can stop harry hot wheels, or at least keep him below twenty, and keep big Steve out of the game, Norwood will win. If Harry is allowed to run rampant with his dominant left hand, and josh or aaron dont lift, forestville. Ill be in the stands cheering for forestville...

Reply #7354 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Only prob is shmee is that Harry cracks under pressure as seen and witnessed through stats at State level.
If Steve can concentrate on the ones that count then he will be unstoppable UNDERNEATH.
If Forestville can contain Norwood by playing their usual no-zone defence then good on them, and play with fighting spirit and determination for the ball that Forestvilles is not known for, than watch out Norwood.
I will be loyal and barracking for forestville as well, wat time is the game???

Reply #7357 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Shmee, your support is appreciated. You could have shown your appreciation more by giving me a good deal tonight, but I'll survive :)

Rookie, I don't know why I even went to the Nationals this year. Apparently, you can "see and witness" everything by downloading stats from the web. Nonetheless, I appreciate your support, and will no doubt thank you in person when I ring you in the next couple of weeks.

The game is at 9:45am at the Dome on Sunday. Rookie, if you're coming from your side of town, you'll have to leave a bit earlier because of the City Bay.

Reply #7360 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Anyway that you look at it, the game will come down to who wants it more. Both teams are extremely talented and capable of winning the game. You cant judge any of these players from both teams by their performance in perth, it was a totally different environment for them all. Back on home turf both teams are comfortable in the surroundings and are very much looking forward to tomorrows game. Everyone want forestville to win and that suits us fine and i am looking forward to all that support you forestville fans will be handing out. Seeya all their! Good luck to both teams. Let the game begin I say!!!

Reply #7371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hate when people say - it was obviously 'team a' wanting this game more than us! because seriously, neither of the two teams would be there is they both didnt WANT it more than the other!

Reply #7373 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

GO EAGLES!!!!!! all the way -- GO HARRI

Reply #7383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tell me who is the starting 5 line up? that could set the tone for the gaae

Reply #7411 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

yo schoolies whats your name and who do you play for

Reply #7414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood
Possibly Aaron, Owen, Zac, Ben, Michael

Forestville no clue at all

Reply #7416 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

anonymous, you could almost coach the team.

Reply #7419 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

No worries Arnie. I didnt like even reading the stats and was surprised to hear some of the stories. The comment based on the stats it not so much MY opinion as stats dont count heart, determination and effort.
The boys will always have my support and yes it is true, Perth was a different environment.
God luck to them and hopefully i will be there to barrack loud and strong.

Reply #7423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who could i coach? Norwood?

Reply #7424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous people are sooooooooooooooooo DUMB! :P

Reply #7425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out of curiosity Carlos. Who will your matchups be?

Reply #7426 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Firstly the name is carlo! Im not going to tell you who the match ups will be. Im sure arnie would be reading this. Its my first grand final but im not dumb enough to tell you that. You just never know who will match up on who. Ive just finish my prep for the game already and raring to go. Im pump and cant wait to coach against arnie tomorrow. Hopefully it will be a good game for all to watch. Who are you anonymous? And Rookie?

Reply #7428 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

No, I'm not reading this.

Reply #7429 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

i knew you would be reading this Paul. All players fit and healthy? Who are these other 2 people writing?

Reply #7431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a div 2 player

Reply #7432 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

for who

Reply #7433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH

Reply #7434 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

come on mate, would i know who you are?

Reply #7435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha yeh ill tell you tomorrow

Reply #7436 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Carlo,

All players fit and healthy, and hopefully in bed by now!

Looking forward to a great game of hoops tommorow.

Reply #7437 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

your not a norwood boy are you?

Reply #7438 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Hopefully it will be a great game and cap of a great year for both teams. Its what all the kids deserve. Seeya bright and early tomorrow

Reply #7439 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

Go to Bed Carlo!

If you guys don't win, gotta raid my pocket money tin for Forestville!!!

Reply #7465 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Whats that.? Im nervous, first winter grand final and all!
Who are you farview?

Reply #7470 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

Make a hot milk Milo, and go to bed. You need the rest to focus tomorrow. I will be watching from AFar...:P:P

Reply #7473 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

do i know u? what do you think our chances are

Reply #7477 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

Read 15/9 post.........

"Place $50-00 on more polish coming through than lifting. Norwood by 3."

So u better win!

Reply #7478 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

ha, so is that fifty bucks on Norwood winning by a margin of three, or just winning? i might just take u up on that bet if its on norwood winning by exactly 3 :D. Especially now that my shift in the pas canteen has got me rolling in the big bucks

Reply #7481 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

Only if Forestville win, will Paul Arnott's team possibly get to know the Far. Norwood just have to win, but margin of 3 is estimete.

Reply #7484 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

So if we win do i get the money, and will you introduce yourself to me?

Reply #7489 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

hmmm..an interesting wager...are you actually serious about giving 50 bucks to forestiville if they win. what do you get if norwood do win? seems like a fairly stupid bet to me...im mitch btw, if you know me, ill also be at the game tommorow, i might take u up on your wager..i have faith in harri hotwheels

Reply #7493 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

Carlo gets the honour of stopping the Fvlle clean sweep for the year! What more would any sleeping and dreaming coach want??

PS Bet Paul A is still up also reading this! (50cents on that one)

Reply #7495 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

why would you get the money carlo...??? the bet is that your going to win, so obviously if far loses, the team who beats you- forestville- will get the money..
am i right?

Reply #7497 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

your quite a betting man far viewer...i am interested to find out who u r..can i have a clue? dont worry, 50 cents carlo wont figure it out :D:D just jokes :D:D

Reply #7498 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

mitch, lucky your team isnt in because then they would be assured of the money. That stat about agility and speed is incorrect, your far more an athlete than any of them. Plus your far more intelligent.
No doubt paul is still up.

Reply #7499 | Report this post

just a fan  
Years ago

harri for PM

Reply #7501 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

no carlo, your wrong...based on atual SASI results from the fitness on thursday the 16th of this month, both luke and owen beat me in the agility test and the 20 metre sprint...clearly its my intelligence that are keeping me in the game. By saying we would be assured of the money, are you saying that we would beat you in the grand final, coz thats my interpretation. Btw did u get my tips on guarding harri in the other thread?

Reply #7502 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

......and as the new day begins, let the contests commence, hard and honest play, victors with humility & humbleness, the vanquished with honour & sportsmanhip!

NN.

Reply #7504 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

oh and luke also beat me in beep test, and owen in the vert leap...im such a dud :D

Reply #7505 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

hmmm NN huh...what a subtle clue..i shall ponder on these initials

Reply #7506 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Firstly the stuff about the test was a joke, and i meant that if the sabres were in the final then they would win easily. And no i didnt get your tips for guarding harri. Youd be one of the best people to ask with all individual sessions with him.?

Reply #7507 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

go to the year 10 knock out thread..i revealed all there..to sum it up PUSH HIM RIGHT!!! oh, or just get his cousins out to watch, sorry private joke, hopefully harri will read this :D
why would we win easily? you were deservant winners over us in the prelim...

Reply #7508 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

thanks mitch. your a good kid. and funny in an intellectual way!! as i got to experience in perth!!!

Reply #7509 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

lol righto ...ill take that as a compliment i suppose. good luck for tommorow (or today if you want to be pedantic about it) anyway...it will definitely be a good game. May the best team win, (or second best team as sturt is not playing)

Reply #7510 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

your a true blue sabre arent you?

Reply #7511 | Report this post

Years ago

Are you sure you know what time your game is tomorrow? Don't want a repeat of State Champs do we mate?

Reply #7512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood won!

best players were aaron, owen, harri, james and steve

Reply #7521 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

STOP PRESS!!!!

So, the Flames won the much publicised stuocshe? What was the scoreline? Would have loved to have been there to witness this battle of the titans but other commitments came into play. Well done to the Flames and coach Bertetic. That is a great way to finish off your 2 years with the group.

Seeing the boys come through the younger ranks and doing the Heat Clinics with some of them, a soft spot is felt for this team as with some of the others at the Flames.

So is it off to the Hampstead now Carlo ??? I can call FlamingCoach for some of the ole classic FlamingCoach vs incognito comedic routines. Remember the winning coach HAS to buy the lemonade and rasberry cordial.

Reply #7523 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

A good game played hard and fair by ALL the players, who at times wondered what the Terrible Ugly Twins in Black & White were so inconsistently calling. Both camps confused and annoyed.

Congrats Carlo and Team, predicted 3, u won in 5. Honestly, much would have liked The Eagles to have won though as they set the pace for the last 12 months for others to follow.

:P:P

Reply #7527 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

Ah! such a close game. Thought forestville had them beat, being up by 12 with 4 minutes to go and all but no.. several costly turnovers later and norwood had it.
Great game by aaron...what a beast!
great shooting by boony
normal all round goodness by harri
Great post moves by zac and steve.

Reply #7528 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Mitch who was Sam going for?

I swear I heard him yell box out Zac.

Reply #7531 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Tough game boys.

Like Shmee, I thought Forestville had it half way through the 4th.

Nice shooting 'Boony', excellent game by big Steve, too.

Great comeback by Norwood, applied just a bit too much pressure for Forestville to handle.

Was a great game to cap off a closely contested competition all year long.

Reply #7532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol sam was going for norwood, boysie and i were going for the mighty eagles. No offence carlo of the norwood lads...

Reply #7559 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

ack..i =me

Reply #7560 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

did anyone see the verbal fight between the forestville parent and the norwood parents? was quite embarrasing...Was caught right in the middle of it and i dont see what the forestville parent was doing wrong to draw all the attention from everyone..i mean sure she was loud..but not vulgar. resulted in a lot of immature behaviour from a group of stupid teenagers though..:D bloody teenagers

Reply #7562 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Lol - lousy teenagers indeed.

I too saw it, though from a very different vantage point to you, Shmee.

Would love to know what started the ruckus. Any clue people?

Reply #7564 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Also saw it and have an idea of what happened. The parent in question was, as shmee said, loud but not vulgar. Maybe a little excited at the fact that her son was in a grand final? The teenagers were just making fun of her from a distance but during the 4th quarter they moved a little closer, and that's when it got out of hand. I could see and hear it from where I was, and the parent did a fair job of ignoring the stupid behaviour of the boys. After the game ended the boys just let loose and gave her a spray. Apparently she was pretty upset by it, after the game I headed up to the canteen before the 18 boys started, and she was standing on the concourse by herself, looking pretty hurt by it all.
I say good on her for supporting her team, and the boys in question have a lot of growing up to do.

Reply #7571 | Report this post

Years ago

Maybe not vulgar but I saw the magical finger directed at the Norwood parents.

I also heard her using some foul language at the referees during the match, so sorry guys she wasn't perfect. Considering she went down the end where all the Norwood supporters were, she shouldn't have expected anything less then the treatment she got.

Reply #7591 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Who was she?

Reply #7595 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Boony

I know who she was but I don't think it's right to name her on a public forum.
Let's just say she was down from the country to see the gf :)

Reply #7611 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Thanks, I know who it was now. Yes she should've gone down to Forestville's end.

Reply #7612 | Report this post

Zebra  
Years ago

Spectators surely have the right to stand where ever they want without having to go to "ends".
Would be interested to know what the foul count was after that game!!!!!

Reply #7622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No comment. :)

Reply #7625 | Report this post

anonymous hater  
Years ago

is there a player on the court, spectator or coach who can comment on the foul count

Reply #7627 | Report this post

Jirachi  
Years ago

WHO CARES!!!

The only ones sooking about fouls were Norwood, I mean Carlo.

If someone fouls then they get called for it. If Norwood reach in every time down the floor they get more fouls then Forestville. Maybe people should realise that refs might actually know what a foul is and isn't and change the way they play rather then just sook cuz aref won'tlet you slap or bump someone all the way down the court.

Reply #7628 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Agreed, who cares.

Reply #7630 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

So should I say that again....

NORWOOD WON

(Mod: OK, so you're excited, but only use markup if you know what you're doing.)

(Mod #3: Shut up, I didn't realise I had to close it!)

Reply #7638 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Sorry for the late reply, but Carlo, i am a loyal Forestville girl, who will be in the club (lol, thats if the want me), until the absolute end.
Why do u ask?

Reply #7639 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Yes, we still want you!

Reply #7640 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Now I know who Rookie is!

Reply #7646 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Lol, really Libertine. I dont know who you are.
I wish i knew who Hoop Addict was as well. He knows who I am :(
Thanks Paul, i'd have my funeral at Forestville (the old site) if i could!!!

Reply #7649 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

could we get stats for this game?

Reply #7657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are you rookie?? im a fville girl, and just wonderin what age group your lookin to come into?? :)

Reply #7658 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Lol, i am at Fville anonymous.
I have been there for yrs.

Reply #7661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahk - so why would u ask if we'd still have ya?

Reply #7662 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

It was a joke, Arnie got it!
obviously ur not a bright one are u??
just keep flying like an eagle.

Reply #7667 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

yeah i know who u r now... and btw.. it wasnt a very funny joke

Reply #7668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

badluck arnie bout the game... ya did really well anyway!!

Reply #7671 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

Lol, it wasnt meant to be funny, sarcastic was more the tone. And it wasnt meant for everyone.
So who do u think i am passerby?
Give me some hints.....

Reply #7673 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

E . V

Reply #7676 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Firstly i dont understand why the issue about the parents has been talked about so much. The lady in question is a very passionate mother and will support her team till the death. I personally didnt se what what the norwood parents did after the game and the boys in question were school friends of some of our kids, if anyone tookoffence, i apologise on behalf of the club and my team.
But why should that take away from a great game that it was. Arnie and the boys were awesome throughout the first 3 and a half 1/4's, anyhting that we tried just wouldnt work, we had trouble with harri and steve came up big time, and then you throw in booney and simon, and things werent looking good.
Fortunately my kids have learnt one thing from me over the 2 years is that you need to play well for the whole game. We were okay and everything just happened in the last 4 minutes. I still cant believe we won.
Congratulations to both teams on a great final and to all teams for a tightly contested competition.

Lastly Jirachi, i wasnt sooking aabout the unpires i was just questioning certain calls. Overall they did a good job but the few calls where consistency came in to it.

Reply #7680 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Congratulations on the win Carlo, and Norwood.

From where I sat Carlo, you looked to have sooked a fair bit over your kids reaching & generally playing poor D. Now, I have no idea what you were saying to the refs, but from where I sat, it appeared that you were a tad sooky. Let's not forget, a few calls (or non-calls) towards the end of the game could have halted your run.

It certainly was a good game, and great spectacle (2nd only to that very memorable U18s game!).

Bad luck to Paul, and the boys. There's always next year...

Reply #7684 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Definatley upset at my kids reaching and their defensive efforts generally (am they got told). As you would be in such an important game. As you probably noticed im emotionally into the game and wear my heart on my sleeve, and would do anything to help that group of kids who have had alot of shit thrown at them throughout the year. The way i interact with the refs may appear that way but i assure you i only question their consistency. Sure some late calls could have halted our run, but a few calls earlier halted our progress to. As i said they did a good job.

Reply #7686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You do sook!

Reply #7688 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Carlo is cool. My mum was scoring and she told me the foul count :S I won't post it without permission from Arnie. Other than that VERY good game.

Congratulations Norwood.

Reply #7690 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

A good game by yourself james.

Reply #7691 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Cheers. Good coaching :P

Reply #7693 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

i didnt do much at the end of the game.

Reply #7694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this is just a bitch session between all the under 16 guys. U all suk!!!!!!

Reply #7695 | Report this post

nic  
Years ago

anonymous, the thread i about under 16 boys, its not a bitch session, if you dont like reading about the game and its participants dont read it and dont write.

Reply #7696 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

its a discussion, isnt that what the forum is about?

Reply #7699 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Carlo you coaching 16/1's again next year?

Reply #7700 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic  
Years ago

Yes and looking forward to it.

Reply #7702 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Well good luck with it. I'll be under 18's then :P

Reply #7704 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Firstly, Under 16 Division 1 games generally attract the best umpires in Adelaide, and this game was no exception. Any complaints about the standard of umpiring after the fact serve no purpose but to detract from the game itself.

Secondly, I think it's ridiculous that even in victory, Carlo attracts criticism. How about some credit for a guy who has improved a team which finished 3rd in the State Champs to a Winter season underdog victory? I get annoyed when I hear people say that their success was "expected" - it places undue pressure on the Norwood players, shows disrespect to other teams in the competition.

Congratulations to Aaron, Aaron, Jordan, Zac, Owen, Luke, Josh, Michael and Ben on a fantastic game. As devastated as I was (I might actually get to sleep tonight), I was happy that Norwood had the opportunity to win a premiership this year, after going so close in Summer and State Champs. Their victory is well deserved.

Reply #7709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

its called tall poppy syndrome

Reply #7743 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Jirachi,

I am struggling to understand why you would make such personal, negative and anonymous criticism of a coach in a public forum. Carlo has probably suffered the toughest year of his coaching career, and after finally getting some reward for his efforts, you've chosen to cut him down.

People who have continually talked up the talent of the Norwood players have shown disrespect to the rest of the competition, and are lacking a true understanding of the players' strengths and weaknesses.

Forestville had the same number of SASI/ITC players as Norwood, one more State player and two more State captains, yet you still think Norwood were the most talented team in the grade. In the Summer Season and State Champs, Norwood won every game except against Forestville, and they won the Winter Season Grand Final, yet this is still not good enough for some.

A more accurate description of this age group is that throughout the year, Forestville, Norwood and North were all around the same mark, but in the finals, Norwood performed the best.

As for Carlo's comments re the referees, you are clearly baiting him into making comment. This may be entertaining for you, but detracts from the game itself which, incidentally, was one of the best that I've been involved in.

Reply #7824 | Report this post

shmee  
Years ago

Hey! i object! No mention to us being around the mark. Sturt came 2nd in state champs, 2nd in easter, and 3rd in winter, so clearly we're "around the same mark". Sure we lost to a lot of crap teams, but this competition was way to tight to just name three teams. Any of the top 6 teams couldve ended up in the finals!

Reply #7826 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Very true schmee, and no offence meant (that wasn't the point of my post). In fact, top to bottom was closer than many other comps this year, and in previous years.

Reply #7845 | Report this post

Alf  
Years ago

I agree with Jirachi. What qualifications does Carlo or any other coach that has not reffed have to judge the consistency? Especially when he has a biased look on the game. Its amazing what bias does to some peoples perceptions. The game is much different through the eyes of a referee.

Reply #7858 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

I know this is off the subject, how did u guess passerby?
and who r u?

Reply #7878 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

stay on subject Rookie.

i read few of your other posts and it was very clear..

Reply #7884 | Report this post

Mr Happy  
Years ago

i think u all should get over it the game was nearly a week ago and i know im nearly over it so who cares wat the fould count was or how shit the unmpiers were norwood were the better team on the day and just wanted it more.

Reply #7909 | Report this post

Rookie  
Years ago

sorry passerby, no worries.
gee everyone likes to have a go at me on here, dont they. lol.

Reply #8010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think centrals will take it out in the long season. they have got the team to do it and when they play sturt they will beat them by at least 25 plus

Reply #73459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The long season? What Century are you talking?

Reply #73477 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

ok, firstly this thread was started almost 2 year ago so these are totally different teams and secondly, nothing againts centrals and i also think they have a good team this year, but last season sturt beat them by about 100 points.

Reply #73588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's gonna be the same as it always is West vs Sturt in the Grand Final could go either way

Reply #94597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754