Panther
Years ago

Dave Ingham Fired

Just on sports tonight, Perth have fired assistant coach Dave Ingham. I wonder whether this has anything to do with Fisher and his out burst???

Topic #5792 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Panther, I'm confused. Is Fisher or Ingham fired (or both)?

Reply #65577 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Here's some of Fisher's quotes (and I especially like the one about being here next year - sounds like he was wrong!):

"This is not good enough for the Wildcats," he said.

"I've got a contract. I'm going to be here (next year) but other guys are not necessarily going to be here. They're on notice."

"Our body language has been shocking through a lot of the year and we have tried a lot of different techniques but to hell with techniques, I'm going old school," he said.

"We are going to train everyday and if we have to go four to five hours a day and get the NBL players association on my back because we are training too much so be it."

"This is not time for pussy-footing, pussy-footing doesn't work."

"We are training every single day and we'll train until we get something right."

Reply #65579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the west australian newspaper, Ross Lewis writes "
The Perth Wildcats have sacked assistant coach Dave Ingham as the club tries to heal an internal rift that threatens to undermine its season."

More details in the paper - but it seems there was a problem and "At the end of the day, Scott and Dave couldn't reconcile their differences," Wildcats owner Andrew Vlahov told The West Australian

Reply #65581 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hmmm, interesting since it was considered that Ingham was the one that actually controlled the team and Fisher was a figure head more than a real coach.

Reply #65583 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could Ingham be coaching the Crocs next season? The other name mentioned in rumours has been Joyce.

Reply #65586 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Dave is a great coach and does get great results from the groups he has been in charge of.

It would be easy to see how Fish was underminded by Ingham as the players i would have sided with him as he was the one coaching.

Dave and Ninny at the Crocs? The Buffalos back court back together.

Reply #65587 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

saw the interview on sports tonight, funny stuff. My fav quote "Pussy-footing doesnt work, it creates pussies, pussycats. Were wildcats" The look on his face.....classic!

Reply #65612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be on Talking Hoops tomorrow night....stay tuned.

Reply #65614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah that interview was great and he was almost laughing himself when he said the pussycats line.

Reply #65618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cant see him in Townsville, he hasnt had great succcess before as a head coach, why would they bother going for an assistant coach when they have one there ready to coach, word is Staker isnt going anywhere

Reply #65620 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Any local jobs going?

Reply #65700 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:39 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754