Isaac
Years ago

Maher playing cricket this Wednesday

Brett Maher is a special guest player at a Twenty20 cricket game this Wednesday between Woodville and West Torrens. A few Redback players will be featured and there'll be BBQs, music and refreshments.

Entrance is free, the game starts at 5PM at Woodville Oval on January 18th (Wednesday) and if you can catch a six, you'll win cash.

There will be a collection for the Hudson Maher Foundation on the evening.

Topic #5795 | Report this topic

Bonz  
Years ago

Yes that's right!!!!
Brett will be making his grade cricket debut for Woodville. So come along and see #5 smack the ball all over the park...or get out trying!!!
You can win $50 if you catch a six on the full...plus there will be other prizes, giveaways, music and hosted by yours truely.
If you haven't seen a live game of Twenty20 yet, here's your chance. Come along at support the Hudson Maher Foundation and it's FREE ENTRY!!!

Cheers,
Bonz

Reply #65592 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Great idea, but do you think it's really wise at this stage of the season and with maher's injury status that he goes out and has a slog with the bat?

I'm all for this kind of thing but considering the player in mentions current condition?

Reply #65597 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Im with DJ - if he has a slightly suspect back/hamstring shouldnt he be making sure he is fit for our next game and the finals?
Maybe sub Reesy in for him seeing as he cant get a game at the moment......I dont like the chances of him going for a quick single though!

Reply #65601 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I have that concern too DJ...But if Brett believes there is any risk of further damage to his hamstring I'm sure a suitable replacement will be found.

But Brett won't be expected to sprint between the wickets...only stand there and hit catches to the crowd!

Reply #65602 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Dont worry about his hamstring and back guys, I have it on good authority that he will be able to use Reesy as a runner.

Reply #65604 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

mahers going head to head with Warren Tredrea as the other "debut" player for the twenty20 match

Reply #65610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't worry about Mahersy, I've seen him play backyard cricket, he'll only last a ball or two!

Reply #65617 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Let's just all be thankful that Jacob "Uni-sport" Holmes isn't playing.

I've seen him play cricket and it aint pretty...

Reply #65638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

volleyball is his backup skill aint it?

Reply #65652 | Report this post

Tynan  
Years ago

No...........no problem in him playing in the event its only a social thing for a bit of fun (+ a very god charity).

Exactly what the Kings and Rohan thought.

Reply #65656 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

I've spoken to Brett today and he assured me he will be right to play.

I hope we can get a few Sixers fans there to enjoy the fun and support the Hudson Maher Foundation!

Reply #65666 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

I am willing to be his runner, i'll turn those quick threes into slow singles

Reply #65686 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

That's fine Booga....but who's gonna be your runner!!!

Reply #65687 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

reesy

Reply #65696 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

Any one from here actually going to go down and have a look ?

might wander down and have a watch

Reply #65730 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

Bonz am i allowed to get half way down the pitch and call drinks

Reply #66212 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:22 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754