ifeelsore
Years ago

Comments made after previous CEO resignation

Further to my previous post I know that Di Campbell was Chairman of the Board. I found a blurb on the Fellas website about (past CEO)'s resignation as Chief Executive Officer only 5 months ago made by Di. Some of the statements made include:

"We are extremely disappointed to lose Phil Sanders, said Ms Campbell. Phil is a highly effective CEO who, over his three-and-a-half years at the helm, worked hard to restore our financial accountability and stabilise our financial situation."

"He established sound business strategies for the future of basketball in South Australia"

"Ms Campbell said Mr Sanders helped resolve governance issues and accounting practices and ensured that the 36ers complied with NBL rules and guidelines. He also worked closely with State Government  particularly the Auditor-General  on the recent review of economies and efficiencies within basketball in SA.The objective of Phil and the management team has been to consolidate basketball as a major sport and place it in a much better position to face the future. He implemented necessary but often unpopular reforms to make this organisation financially accountable and fit to survive."
As a lay person in regards to the organisation of basketball in South Australia, I would have read this and thought everything was travelling along ok.

You really have to wonder what has gone wrong here????

Topic #5821 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think this is a fair post, but if everyone can be very careful with any resulting discussion, I'd appreciate it.

You'll rarely see an official release rubbish an outgoing staff member. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if in some cases part of a resignation negotiation (not necessarily talking about this instance) would include a positive release.

Reply #66110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So many lies fed so many times from BASA i dont believe the hype that everything will be ok now, how are they going to turn revenue around in such a short time? wont happen and the government will get fed up

Reply #66147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats a classic tho....

Reply #66191 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

When lies are told, they usually come back and bite you on the bum. Its interesting the comments made by Di Campbell in view of what's been revealed in the last 36 hours.

Reply #66241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rose tinted glasses...
Adelaide Old School network...
Look after each other...
Bullshxx baffles brains...
Cliquey.....

says it all!

Let's hope salvation is around the corner for the sake of the players, hundreds of hard working volunteers and the game.

Reply #66263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Phil came from a business development background at Fauldings. They needed a financial person not a salesman at that point in time. Phil could have done a great job if the finances were in place. I am very confident with the administrators they have in place this will get back on track over the next 12 - 18 months.

Reply #66271 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:48 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754