best ever dunk

what do you think. I was thinking VC's 360 windmill, but i think it goes to Darryl dawkins's Chocolate-Thunder-Flying, Robinzine-Crying, Teeth-Shaking, Glass-Breaking, Rump Roasting, Bun-Toasting, Wham-Bam-Glass-Breaker-I-Am-Jam

what are your thoughts

Topic #5840 | Report this topic

cloesly followed by dawkins's 'In your face disgrace' dunk.

Reply #66249 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

or "yo mamma" where he goes up and swivels his hips a little.

Reply #66250 | Report this post

he's all that and a bag of chips

Reply #66251 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

chambers has to be big white guy getting it done

Reply #66258 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Isiah Rider's easy bay "between the legs" funk was nasty in its day!

Reply #66283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Undersized that was Dawkins Turbo, Sexaphonic, Delight Dunk. Yo mumma was when he just plain ole through it down on ur head.

Reply #66285 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Mr Black, I think it was called East Bay Funk dunk that Isiah did.
Are we only talking in dunk comps?
My all time favourite dunk would have to be Vince Carter dunking over that 7 ft guy from Greece or wherever he was from in the World Championships, unbelievable!!!

Reply #66303 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

was that guy fully standing up tho? all the pics only show it from the guys waist up, i dont think he wouldve been straingt up,
anyway, im still a fan ;)

Reply #66307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was there. It was actually the 2000 olympics he was straight up. Was a good dunk but he kind of used the guys head to get higher

Reply #66309 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

From footage it hardly looks like he even touches he head (besides dragging his jewels across his chin!)...

Reply #66311 | Report this post

i only made this thread to say the name of dawkins's dunk tbh

Reply #66318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vince carters dunk in the 2000 olympics over the 7ft french dude

Reply #66370 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

What about Jordan's going baseline on Starks and Oakley, getting cut off and going back, then turning back around and dunking on Ewing's head with a massive tomahawk! That's my fave. Notable mention tho to Tom Chamber's two hander over someone when he played for Phoenix I think... it was on a break and he gotta pass, went 1-2 and jumped as high as I've ever seen a white man jump.

Reply #66388 | Report this post

Roy Bird  
Years ago

Starks dunk on the bulls in the playoffs was pretty sweet aswell when he went off 2 feet and threw it down left handed on a bulls defenders.

Reply #66402 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

yep can't forget that one for sure that was huge.. KJ did almost an identical dunk a few years earlier too, not sure who against tho

Reply #66417 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Some other contenders:

- Kevin Johnson over Mark Eaton.
- Isiah Thomas' one handed off balance tip jam.
- Shawn Kemp over Chris Gatling.
- The high jumper in the celebrity dunk comp in "Super Slams of the NBA" who dunks from the free throw line with 2 hands off one foot.

Reply #66445 | Report this post

yeah how good's that guy! He probably could of dunked from further out too, which is the scary thing

Reply #66464 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

i still think the best free throw line jam was brent barry in the slam dunk comp....with his warm up jacket still on!

Reply #66465 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

josh smith put on a show in the 2005 all star dunk comp.

Reply #66471 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Robert Horrys missed dunk...hangs on the rim....grabs the ball again and dunks it.
Haven't seen it done since

Reply #66497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Super Slams of the NBA"
celebrity dunk

I think it was Mike Conley the US olympic triple Jumper.

Reply #66501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To truly earn the best dunk I would have to pay it to someone that goes over someone like Ewing, Mourning, or Shaq.

2 of the biggest I have seen were over Ewing.

James Robinson (portland) over Ewing
Kenny Williams (indiana) over Ewing.

Reply #66503 | Report this post

BigCountry  
Years ago

#66402 (roy bird)

that dunk starks did in the playoffs i think was on pippen and jordan it was amazing...... the chambers dunk, big white fella SWEET

Reply #66504 | Report this post

that starks dunk was not over jordan. Or pippen. It was over horace, and jordan came in for the swat from the side.

Reply #66563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

vince carters in high school, alley from half way, windmill! pretty mad!
also you cant go past jordans dunk off pippens missed foul shot. degree of dificulty 4.2

Reply #66583 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

yeah the missed foul shot one was HUGE, just came out of nowhere. And I think I remember it was Jordan that Starks burnt on the perimeter to get to the hoop

Reply #66587 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Deffinately VC over Frank in 2000. It's hard to belive that a guy can jump that high. I also love KG's reaction to it.

Reply #66603 | Report this post

NJ NETS 15  
Years ago

VINCE ALL THE WAY... man this guy has been jumping out of his skin since high school with that free throw line windmill but my favourites in the 2000 dunk contest the 360 windmill was jst out of this world.

Reply #67100 | Report this post

UNKONSHUS  
Years ago

Robert pack on Shawn Bradley and his reaction after.
Rodney Rogers put back ( same year i think )
KJ's baseline dunk ( Admiral ? )
Jerry Stackhouse drivig with 4 guys on him ( rookie year )

Reply #71120 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

#66583 - you'll find that windmill was from a indoor game at Rucker .. and I still love KJ's baseline on Hakeem .. always appreciate "the little people, dunkin on the big people" ..

Reply #147184 | Report this post

Jordan's baseline on Starks and Oakley, getting cut off and going back, then turning back around and dunking on Ewing's head with a massive tomahawk! My fave too!!!

Reply #147190 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:39 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754