Isaac
Years ago

Opposition says Foley's BASA action too late

In State News within The Advertiser today comes an opportunity for the opposition to criticise Kevin Foley's BASA action as "14 months too late".

Basketball solution 'too late'

"Failure by (Premier) Mike Rann and Kevin Foley to take note of the Auditor-General 14 months ago has contributed to BASA's dire financial state," he said. (In 2004, the Auditor-General reported to Parliament that BASA was suffering severe financial problems and its debt levels needed to be reviewed.)
Is it a case of 'better late than never' and the government giving BASA a chance to make changes themselves and trade out of their difficulty, or that they should've just put their foot down in the first place?

Topic #5843 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hind sight is a wonderful option i think the government done the only thing could have, gave them a chance, it didnt work, these are the consequences.

Reply #66269 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

That what an Opposition would say. If it wasn't basketball it would be something else.

Reply #66288 | Report this post

ShutUp!  
Years ago

Don't forget there is a State Election in 8 weeks, good Political Mileage out of this for both parties.

Reply #66293 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

It could also be said that the Liberals were in power back when Basketball started to get into trouble. Why didn't they do something back then. Your right ShutUp both sides are going to use this as mileage. I hope that whoever gets in, in 8 weeks time. Basketball gets back on track.

Reply #66322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

must agree when the problem first started the libs were in power..both parties must exceot responsibility...lol

i hope we find a buyer and a passionate like townsville "yep ill pay the fine ian "

Reply #66459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

must agree when the problem first started the libs were in power..both parties must exceot responsibility...lol

i hope we find a buyer and a passionate like townsville "yep ill pay the fine ian "

Reply #66460 | Report this post

Oldie  
Years ago

The libs always dodge the topic that most problems start when they are in power. Always blame whoever is in when it all goes down the drain. (State Bank - is a great one).

Anyway,the voters must be the ones to prove to the libs that we dont believe their bollocks as we know who was in power when the problem started. And we know they would have tried to cover it up untill after the election

Reply #67084 | Report this post

tony blair  
Years ago

oldie you can get a job with my election campaign next time you hate the libs!

Reply #67085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754