Crooked
Years ago

What happened to "You Suck"

Would love to hear it tonight music man when we have our biggest crowd of the season.

I am bringing a WWE fanatic with me to tonights game and to hear it once would be gold, if the situation warrants it of course!

Was it banned? I havent heard it in recent games.

Topic #5857 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Biggest crowd of the year?

I don't think so in 41 degree heat.

Reply #66622 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Why not? Adelaide United got 13K last night and it was 41 and they had top sit out side.

If you were ever considering going to a game, then tonight would be the best opportunity. Get out of the house and still be in a cool environment (if the air con is turned on)

Reply #66628 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Someone needs to tell Crooked that inciting the crowd is against the rules of the NBL - thats why it is not being played.

Reply #66632 | Report this post

Music Man  
Years ago

It has been taken off the play list as some found it offensive.

Last thing i or the club want to do is offend people and so the decision was made to drop it.

Reply #66634 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And That Sucks! :-)

Reply #66639 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

it offends me its not being played ;) so by that logic u should put it back in the list ;)

Reply #66647 | Report this post

Paulo  
Years ago

With the low level fo refs now , and the need to get recruits , I think it is great that they have removed from the courtside annoucers tape!!

Reply #66652 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've said it before, but I'd rather see it repurposed and "you suck" replaced with "six-ers" - would be daunting for an opposition to face thousands of people chanting that.

Reply #66660 | Report this post

Crooked  
Years ago

The problem with the theme is it now has a stigma atached to it (for the short term anyway) and anytime it is played, most people will rememebr the 'You Suck' chant.

I still think it creates atmosphere, people are saying a lot worse without it and most people take it in good jest.

Reply #66692 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I don't think it's neccesary. The crowd can always start chants if they want...

the obvious risk being that you are the only one to chant it, like the "slow hand clap" guy.

Reply #66716 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

hahah we need grant kruger back. KRUGER'S A WANKER, and WE HATE YOU COZ UR VICTORIAN. they are my favourites.

Reply #66739 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

They played the "you suck" once before the main game for Phil Haines' benefit, which he took well, but not used again.

Reply #66788 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Issac is right.

i would rather see everone in the dome saying SIXERS

Reply #66795 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:01 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754