Slurms McKenzie
Years ago

What Else Can Be Done For Game Nights

This season has been a big improvement in terms of a spectacle than in previous years. With player intros, seals etc. What else should they look at next year?

One thing I think would look really good would be to have a majority of the lower seating section all in sixers t-shirts. Most of that section is all season ticket holders, perhaps when you buy your season ticket you get a free t-shirt. They do this at college level in the states & it looks awesome.

Topic #5880 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

i agree... white or blue prob best.

Reply #66809 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

How bout you get a choice of white or blue?

And at the half say a dunk comp or shootout with random seats getting called out!

Reply #66811 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Would have to say blue, white can easily get lost in a crowd, even a majority crowd wearing white dosn't look anywhere near as good as a colour. Great idea though, still tough to MAKE people wear them to games.

Sapwell actually brought this up many times, in trying to get the whole stand behind a backboard to wear one colour, than they old sway together on free throws can have a REAL effect.

Perhaps they should look at leaving champion and getting back to a larger merchandise range? (those wear the days) than on game nights randomly select people wearing sixers gear for prizes, or shootouts for prizes etc, this will encourage people to buy and wear the merchandise to games.

Reply #66816 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

Everyone in one colour is a great idea and it would be so cool if the Sixers could do it. It would be amazing if it were all blue like Duke or orange (like Holland in the soccer)

Reply #66818 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

A dunk comp between random people being called from seat #s??? Maybe if they can get some * foot rings in, and even then i dont think youre going to be seeing anything special, stick with the shootout.

And definately blue, works for Centrals with their Blue army.

Reply #66819 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

VC Fan i agree lol, it would be a prob if you got like a 125kg person doing the dunk comp!

Reply #66825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get rid of the seals!

Reply #66826 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

the seals r NOT funny at all

Reply #66829 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the drummers, atleast they do something...

Reply #66832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about if you buy a season ticket to the game then you get a spot on the executive board

Reply #66834 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Wait, better yet, randomly pick the board by calling out seat numbers!

Reply #66836 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

hahahahahah VC that deserves a bball icon!

Reply #66837 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

I like the t-shirt idea. I reckon they should encourage more season ticket holders. All new season ticket holders that say, commit for 2 years get a cheaper rate in the first year, with a t-shirt. We need to fill the place up!!

Reply #66843 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Dunk comp could work with special moveable 8ft rings, and out of the crowd "Judges".

Reply #66844 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And who would be liable for injuries?

Reply #66861 | Report this post

still sweating  
Years ago

How bout turning the air-con on when its 40C plus.

Reply #66896 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Same person thats liable for injuries when people fall down the stairs or get a broken nose from a wayward farley bullet.

Reply #66901 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i'm sure the air con was on
however any type of air con would struggle under 40+ deg temp for 3 or 4 days.

doors that face the western afternoon sun a crowd of 6,000 plus sweaty people

players, referees, dancing girls all expending energy and hot air

I spend the weekend at home indoor with my air cons on full blast and they even struggled to keep me cool

fair is fair unfortunately you can not expect air con to be fully effective under those circumstances.

- on a different note if you managed to watch the perth taipans game they had major problems with game clocks and shot clock malfunctioning and rings being off centre and needing to be fixed.

as much as we often like to knock the dome it is still streets ahead of a lot of the interstate venues.

our clocks (touch wood) rarely malfunction yet in perth they have rarely had a game this season when it has worked properly.

I pity the poor scoretable, referees and players coping with it. let alone the spectators. last night the announcer was calling out the last ten seconds of the shot clock last night at various stages...professional NOT

Reply #66903 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

Although it was humorous at the start of Saturday's game, the 'Fellas' names still being on the scoreboard and the 36ers scores going against Phillips and Screen (from memory).

Reply #66912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah noticed that one DJM, saw someone go down the stairs to tell the person running the computer to fix it

Reply #66921 | Report this post

crudeboy  
Years ago

They also had two Melmeths palying on the the centre screen the whole game!

Reply #66945 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i saw that!

I never new that everstyn was A Melmeth!

And Ben Memlmeth had B Melmeth on the scoreboard to the others just saying there last name.

They often screwed up the scoring for the players and it took a while for them to correct the problem everytime it happened.

Reply #66958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there were two Melmeths, thats why there was B Melmeth

Reply #67024 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

i think a shoot out with juniors from the district competions shooting, maybe best shooters from each div 1 team and each age group can display there talents to the crowd and have games at half time between them

Reply #67042 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

#67024, who is the other Melmeth?

Reply #67046 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754