XY
Years ago

Joe Ingles courted by Townsville

Interesting article from the townsville bulletin on Joe Ingles training session with the Crocs.

townsvillebulletin.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,7034,17888402%255E24151,00.html

Described as 'the next Brad Newley', talks about receiving an offer from the Sixers, but also Ingles' desire to play somewhere where 'young players are brought through to the highest level'.

So Ingles is far from a signed deal with the Sixers. Looks like he wants to go somewhere where he will get plenty of court time.

Ingles broke his foot 45 minutes into the training session and will be out for 3 months.

Topic #5883 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats great, start to show some more interest 6ers. Get hill to have a chat to him.

Reply #66870 | Report this post

hopefull  
Years ago

good mates I'm sure they would have spoken

Reply #66878 | Report this post

kingman  
Years ago

Yes Brad probably spoke to Joe I could imagine how the conversation went
Brad  Hey Joe come and play with me for the 6ers

Joe  That's a good idea how much court time do you think I would get

Brad  Its not about the court time Joe its about your development as a player, anyway we would probably split the 10 odd minutes I get.

Joe  WOW 5 minutes of court time that's a bonus, what type of development do the 6ers run?

Brad  Some development programs are overrated, the development come from talking to guys like snake, Nick, Ben and nashy when he's injured, the best is we train 4 days a week mostly we scrimmage, none of this tough shit that Brian Goorjian does and also its great playing with Willie, Brett and Dusty. We run some good offences.

Joe  What type of offence?

Brad  There's the give it to Willie offence, then there the give it to Brett offence and then there the get out of Rees way offence, we don't run that one much.

Joe  Sounds great I'll have a think about it, I've got to go Brian Goorjian is on the phone, see ya

Reply #66884 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Well said kingman, well said.

Reply #66891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

very well said kingman

got it in a nutshell

Reply #66892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well they should try and make a case for him to come here. He might also feel the situation it not real stable here at the moment so that might hurt our chances.

Reply #66908 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I thought the mos interesting part of the article was the blatant attempt by the Bulletin writer to put pressure on the club to re-sign Stacker. You've got to be joking!

Reply #66915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i thought ingles was already signed by the sixers that is what is being sprouted about last year I am sure

Reply #66919 | Report this post

Mustafah  
Years ago

Kingman

from your alias I guess your not a sixers fan?

Reply #66931 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

FFS

If Joe Ingles or any other player for that matter doesn't want to come to the Sixers because he not going to get court time who give a royal fudge. All I care about being a Sixers fan is making the play off and then having the opportunity to win the championship each year.

Phil Smyth has not missed the play offs as coach of the Sixers and that's all that should matter, his style of coaching requires seasoned players or veteran players. If a rookies or development players get on the court then you know they have earn it and performed.

Its not like Phil and Steve have only had one generation of players, since the first year the side had changed and only Paul Rees and Brett Maher are still around. Players have been developed and the side is still competitive and sitting 3rd on the ladder.

Brian Georgian's way is not the only way and let's not forget that Phil Smyth had a pretty awesome basketball portfolio to fall back on and give his experience.

The culture of the Sixers is that players earn court time and DO NOT demands it as an incentive to come hear. No one has the right to demand court time they have the earn it.

Reply #66939 | Report this post

oh joe  
Years ago

oh come now Joe

show me one player that Phil or Steve have brought on to become a NBL champ from a junior

Maher was already there remember it was Brett who elbowed Phil aside as a player he brought in Darnell and KB as pretty polished players their had Stiff, Catalini, Rogers, Nash, Maley, and a few other imports like Farley etc.

Jacob Holmes who hasn't quite made it to 'star' status is one of the only juniors that have started with the sixers and developed. Oscar possibly another one.

Certainly if I was the parent of an up and coming junior - apart from wanting them to stay home and be close to family - I'd be wanting them to go to interstate.

adelaide in the past has had its fair share of juniors to superstars or at least solid contributers - scott ninnis, darryl pearce, mike mckay - brett wheeler, mark bradtke - brett maher

where is our next home grown player going to come from unless they get courtime - unless they get the training - unless they get snapped up and groomed

salary cap as it is we can't keep on 'BUYING' Teams we have a wealth of talent that come through our juniors yet so many of them are looking to play elsewhere. surely that tells you something.

Reply #66966 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

What South Australian kids have we lost? At this stage the only one is Brad Newly and assuming he goes to the NBA or Europe next year it would not change a thing.

Oscar Forman, Jacob Holmes and Brad Hill are doing ok. Joe Ingles may sign with a different club but that is still pure speculation.

Until the side starts to lose and miss the objective of playing (winning play offs and finals) don't bitch about whom the coach is. Do we want to go back to the days of Don Shipway and that moron from the Gold Coast (forgotten his name)? And miss the play off with under performing side year in year out? I don't thing so.

Reply #66983 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Dave Claxton - Ouch! :-(

Reply #66993 | Report this post

casey  
Years ago

6s should be chasing andrew webber

Reply #67886 | Report this post

Peter Maravich  
Years ago

we already have a 4ft water boy thanks.

Reply #67916 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:44 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754