OpportunityKnocks
Years ago

Pre Season Blitz Needs a Sponsor

I heard the pre-season blitz needs a naming rights sponsor to make it viable. I think this presents a good opportunity for businesses, for example the 'wizaed cup' 'banksa state league'etc all recognisable businesses due to sponsorship. A good opportunity for someone to having naming rights to what should be a very good event. Most clubs have registered a team for both men and women. Contact Dale Martin at Starplex on 8522 0622 if interested.

Topic #5899 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

It would be good to get a South Australian Business to sponsor it cause then we could get the event here.

Reply #67072 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I hereby announce the Blitz will be known as:

The ETSA Utilities Pre-Season Blackout

Reply #67073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they are talking about the ABA blitz?

Reply #67074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EC can only see Sixers

Reply #67080 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yes, they're talking about the ABL Blitz. The NBL Blitz for 2006/07 is to be hosted by West Sydney.

Reply #67083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If West Sydney is still around!

Reply #67094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is this the same event that was run at starplex last year? if so why did club financial withdraw their sponsorship? and champs sports stores or bramalco all of these businesses were on the program along with the Starplex

Reply #67103 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

How many games are played over the weekend?
Perhaps the umpires could be the naming sponsor by working for free....

The ABA Umpys Blitz!!!!

Good way to improve the relationship between teams and refs.

Shouldnt see any Tech fouls then either.

Reply #67120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Bear basketball could sponsor it. How did your camps go?

Reply #67121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear

eat your words the umpires last year did it for free

they were at best given $10 to help with petrol expenses for the day

any more smart ideas

also the games at training that the umpires who are going away to nationals are done at their own cost

many abl refs will happily attending training scrimages pre season if asked

Reply #67124 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Are you sure they were not paid? I was not being serious.... It was a throw away line.

I don't actualy think they should do the games for free because that would not be profesional.

If they have, then - Hat's off to them.....

Reply #67128 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

NBL Blitz is in Coff's Harbour next season - article on NBL site.

Reply #67133 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

how much would a business be looking at to sponsor the aba blitz?

Reply #67136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bear
I know at Centrals last year they were not paid as I said Petrol money of $10.00 was offered

the scorers (STOP)/stats people also gave their time for free and they didn't get petrol money

Not sure what happened at Mt Barker but as I said the referees are not adverse to giving their time for free or for little money for the better of the sport like the blitz

it gets them into the swing of things - it helps them especially if new rules are coming in

mind you i don't think the nbl blitz is not paid but then again the players wouldn't be playing for free either and its sponsored and televised...different kettle of fish

Reply #67140 | Report this post

Yes last season the refs did do it for free, (at Neil's request) although it was budgeted at $50.00 / game refs fees. as for how much a business would need to sponsor, here is a break down of last years Club Financial Classic (women's games only) Referees Fees - $(280.00), Food for tournament officials - $(218.40),Trophies - $(315.00), T-shirts and showbags - $(1724.50), Court Hire - $(660.00), Payment & Donation to CDBC - $(500.00), Payment to Photographers - $(300.00) Additional Expenses - $(700.00) so for a tournament involving only women's teams you would be looking at approx $5000.00 add the men and you would be looking at about $7500.00. Last year the major surplus was from the referees donating their time if the referees get paid the cost of running a tournament like this would increase dramatically. I would think that the clubs involved would accept any support from business but naming rights should be around the 70% mark of their budget and all the teams are putting up $100 each that should be about the remainder of the costs depending what services and bonuses are being offered to players and teams. does anyone have additional information on the weekend?

Reply #67143 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

So technically if no sponsor is found this weekend won't be going ahead?

Reply #67170 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

My apologies, I did not know the ABA hold a pre season blitz although I do attend games almost every Saturday night during the winter.

Reply #67233 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:52 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754