tin tin
Years ago

finals basketball

who do people think will take out all the 18's boys and girls championships?? i dont know much about the girls, but i think that in the boys southern will win div 1, forestville div 2 and woodville div 3. thoughts?

Topic #592 | Report this topic

Punter  
Years ago

The Tigers may do it tough on Sunday with Joe away with the Sixers it will leave a hole for players to step up. They still should make the GF but may have to go the long way which dosen't always help

Reply #5575 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Sorry I left out I was talking 18B1

Reply #5576 | Report this post

hey ; )  
Years ago

I reackon the under 18 Div1 boys will Win the Grand Final and the !8 Div 1 girls for the Tigers didnt make it to the finals so the Under 18 Div 2 girls will win for the Tigers

Reply #5595 | Report this post

raged  
Years ago

without joe southern won't perfor as well as a team. they play revolves around him. west or norwood could definatly step up and beat them. norwood has already beaten them with joe so the task is definatly doable. these three teams will be contending for GF spots

Reply #5655 | Report this post

faluse name  
Years ago

i think, div1- Tigers- hope they dont though!!!!
div2- Warriors v North gf, Tight game, if north is hot from the arc they r a great chance, but my hart says the warriors, if they can start playing some good ball again
and Div 3- Warriors, quality line up most of the way through

Reply #5780 | Report this post

faluse name  
Years ago

i thought that joe was still playing on sunday? thats just wat i was told from a good mate of his????

Reply #5782 | Report this post

Einstine  
Years ago

Forestville will win it for div 1 no doubt about it

Reply #5824 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18G 1 - eagles lost to west tonight by 20, abby bishop wont be present till next weeks game, if they can hold on for much longer??!?!

Reply #5855 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

Wathching the 18 Boys Div 1 tonight I think it may be a two horse race between SOuthern and West.
West lead Norwood all night and didn't look like losing.
Looking at the Woodville victory over Forestville (injury depleted) I find it hard to see them knocking off Norwood.

Reply #5860 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Woodville and Forestvlle were both injury depleted last night.

Woodville v Norwood will be closer than you think tomorrow - but it doesn't matter anyway.

As you say it's a two horse race.

Reply #5867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joe will be back won't he... im sure he wouldn't miss the finals

Reply #5888 | Report this post

Joe Ingles  
Years ago

ill be there!

Reply #5925 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Hey Punter

Were you at Morphett Vale today? Did Norwood really suck or were Woodville good?

Reply #5941 | Report this post

faluse name  
Years ago

nobody sucked, it was a tough game with woodville winning by 1pt. 70-69. who won out of the tigers and west? i saw half after our game but the tigers were winning????

Reply #5943 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

There's a post somewhere on the Forum saying Tigers by 9 in OT.

So West v Woodville next week, winner to play Tigers in the GF.

Reply #5982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah thats all correct! southern v west gf!

Reply #5990 | Report this post

faulse name  
Years ago

i think woodville and west will be a closer game than u think, last time we played, we had 6 players (didnt have our top scorer/rebounder) and it was our 3rd game for the wkend. im not saying that we will defenatly win, im just saying that it could be a closer game than every1 thinks.

Reply #6009 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who r u?

Reply #6025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok...whoever u r from woodville..u must b on some crazy as drugs coz u hav no chance in hell of beating west unless they play their div 3 team! u guyz suk and it wil b a west tigers g.f! really mate...whoz gonna guard rory, zakrjak, spud, molitor! NO CHANCE, oh wait....u guyz play soft zone..so u might hav a 2% chance of wining now!

Reply #6032 | Report this post

Magarnigal  
Years ago

I don't think you can say they have no chance! Only lost by a couple at classics i think! What about Southern! no-one expected them to lose State Chance, and they did! I wouldn't of expected the game on the weekend to go to OT, but it did!

So don't come on here shooting your mouth off, it might come back to bite you in the ass

Reply #6038 | Report this post

Punter  
Years ago

It has been good though that out of all the games I have seen over all grades nearly every game has gone into the last minute with both teams a chance to win. It makes for a great atmosphere.

Reply #6049 | Report this post

Monument  
Years ago

bar all you westy players.which ball are you gonna play with a basketball are your big heads. woodville is far more balanced weat just have 5 heros.
long live the ng's......

Reply #6060 | Report this post

faulse name  
Years ago

we will just see on friday night then wont we. if west win they win coz they were the betta team on the day. but i still think that we wont get flogged. once again im not saying that we will diffenetly win but, i think it will be a good game. we may not have the big names like west, but we have a good group of hard workers that will fight for it the whole way!!!! with BIG L scoring 20 odd a game and the rest chipping in with pts here and there, we will be round the mark.!!

Reply #6116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

big L....hahahaha!

Reply #6204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west will win this week vs woodville and also beat southern in the grand coz they r a bunch of chokers.
couldnt even win in the nunawading tournament

Reply #6354 | Report this post

d.rod 91  
Years ago

wells, looks the 'five heroes' from west comfortably put away those 'hard working' warriors. 17 points is a solid win in a prelim, espeically when two of their usual starters are injured and playing limited minutes. should be a tight gf, west are finally closing the gap on southern.

Reply #6535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

excuse me anonymous on the 9/9/04,
do u even follow basketball? coz southern won the summer season....quite easily! and they also won nunawading without losing a game the whole wkend....and without daniel lalic! who do u play 4? come set up a game with those boys and we'll c who the chokers r! and untill u kno what ur on about then just shut up! west v southern will be an awesome game that could go either way as they both hav solid teams! keep talking on the net u NO HOPER!

Reply #6562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville Div2 Boys won in overtime against Eagles. Warriors were down by 6 with a minute left. Oz shot two foul shots with two seconds left to level the score. The warriors were then pumped and beat eagles. Tough luck for the Eagles a few rough calls.

Reply #6564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bad Luck Tin Tin, Eagles are out for Div 2 and Woodville are knocked out for Div 3. The only one that uve picked is the gimme which is the Div 1 Southern Boys who dominate, West dont stand a chance, they are a good team but their best just wont be good enough. In the Semi's Joe was jet lagged from comin bak from training with the sixers, this time he wont be.

Reply #6566 | Report this post

tin tin  
Years ago

eagles should be in the div 2 final. the game never should have gone into OT as the scorers stuffed up a forestville score early in the last 1/4, didn't put the 2 points up. dodgy calls all night and the inexperienced refs were intimated by the annoying woodville coach. its a pity, now there wont be the 2 best teams playin in the GF. and woodville, i just said that they'd win it because i didnt want to sound cocky. the team i really want to win it is still there.

Reply #6569 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Jet lagged from comnig back from training? You know what jet lag is, sir?

Reply #6577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

libertine waht number are you for woodville?

Reply #6587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know anything bout the girls div 1 finals?

Reply #6589 | Report this post

tin tin  
Years ago

forestville won on friday night, so they are in the GF against whoever is already there

Reply #6604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah the forestville girls beat west by about 20 points, which was a great come back from the week before, when they lost by 20...

they meet north adelaide in the grandfinal on sunday. Will be a great game to watch as these two teams have become very competitive with each other...

Reply #6616 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

'jet lag' refers to the situation whereby as you have flown accross numerous time zones without resting, your body thinks its a different time, ie 10pm instead of 6am.

Just thinking how many timezones away Pt Lincoln is....

Reply #6641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ok jet lagged was a bad use of words, but he was fair tired from all that training i hear they worked him over fair hard in Pt Lincoln.

Reply #6646 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Fair enough, that is understandable :)

Reply #6651 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

GO EAGES ALL AROUND!

Reply #6659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

schoolies - i think you so cool!

Reply #6908 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

my tips for 18's

BOYS
tigers over west by 4

GIRLS
forestville over north by 8

Reply #6909 | Report this post

who knows  
Years ago

through my hard research i have discovered that tin tin u must play for north then??

why tin tin?

Reply #6970 | Report this post

tin tin  
Years ago

no i was talkin bout the div 3 team i want to win is still there

Reply #7044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

div 3 FORESTVILLE boys will take it out !!

Reply #7200 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and they did!!!!

Reply #7379 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

yeah cos they have an awesome point guard!

Reply #7381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats true - cameron myles played a fantastic game!

Reply #7384 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

he did, but we didn't see any 3 pointers out of him.. dissappointing to see. but Good Job Boys
Go Eagles

Reply #7386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah righteo...Go div 3!

Reply #7388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone know who won the 18 boys 2 final last night? North versus woodville

Reply #7389 | Report this post

TB  
Years ago

U18 div 2 boys: Woodville by 1 I believe.

Reply #7390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

awesome, cheers mate

Reply #7391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam hit a 3, I remember it well

Reply #7392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wat r peoples thoughts on the div 2 game, i saw some of it and looked like a pretty hard defensive sort of game

Reply #7393 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

when did he hit a 3, im pretty sure everyone BUT him hit one. but then again i couldve turned my head at that point

Reply #7402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cam hit one in the first half. Forestville hit about 7 for the game.

Reply #7403 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

southern's big guy going down was a crucial blow. he is their rock in defense and is their inside scoring force on offense. might have been a different story had he not injured himself.

Reply #7418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville's ONLY big probably never should have played, even the minutes he actually managed to. We all have our sob stories, face it they were just too good!

Reply #7422 | Report this post

basman  
Years ago

yes, i didnt say southern WOULD have won the game, i said it might have been a different story. forestville did play very well though.

Reply #7446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

woodville div 2 beat north friday night by one, awesome win by the guys to back up an ot victory over forrestville! Definately the best div 2 team this year!!

Reply #7549 | Report this post

Years ago

how does a 1 point win and a win in ot proove they are definately the best div 2 team!?

Reply #7550 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North div2 didnt go into grandfinal with a full team
do you think it would have made a difference?

Reply #7568 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Also Woodville didn't win summer (when North were playing 1's) or state champs, so they have hardly proved they are the best team

Reply #7572 | Report this post

who knows  
Years ago

doesnt winning the gf prove they are the best team?

north didnt have #13 playing... but the gf's been won, so woodville must be the best team. or is my reasoning illogical??

Reply #7579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe on the night but that is all
not for the season was really a three team comp

Reply #7659 | Report this post

who knows  
Years ago

that 1 night is when it counts

Reply #7663 | Report this post

schoolies  
Years ago

Good job girls for beating NORTH in the Under 18's GrandFinal yesterday!!! A much awaited trophy in hand feels AWESOME!!!!

Reply #7664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I agree. Excellent work girls, you worked very hard to get what you deserved! I thought nearly had you in those final few minutes, but you really got together as a team and pulled through. Was an excellent game to watch!

Reply #7666 | Report this post

passerby  
Years ago

go eagles!

Reply #7670 | Report this post

honour  
Years ago

for all the ppl tlkin crap bout woodville twos.....i played 3s for woodville this season...and there is no way that anby teams have any excuse for losin to them...especially when u could say they were the slackest team in the whole comp....we trained harder than them.

But to come back like they did against forestville,and then beat north by 1 just shows that when it comes down to it they can handle the close games situations/pressure...forestville shouldnt have lost the game in the first place,but woodvilles pressure was too much for the forestville boys....and then north, i believe north got rattled early against woodville and although they may have a higher skill level,woodville cut skill out of the game with tough and intimidating defence..although i play for woodville i wouldve liked to see forsetville win as i know a lot of the boys...but well done to woodville and bad luck too north,two great games!

Reply #7672 | Report this post

KFC Tim  
Years ago

Woodville was the slackest team all year, they never tried but didnt have to and proved that! Their annoying and small coach obviously didnt get hard work through to them!!

Reply #7674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ummmm woodville won ... who cares if they were slack...

Reply #7677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i want to no who "honour" is. if u wanted f/ville to win so much, y the hell r u playin for woodville? y the hell would u want another club to win? Your clearly not a real warriors person if your thinking that way. Neway, i played the silly season wit this team and trained against them for the long season, and all though this waz the slackest training team going, they were a great group that knew how to step up and lift the intencity when it waz needed and r deserving champs. the only reason that they didnt win the state champs waz coz north had there first 21 pts for the game from 3pointers and had about 15 for the game. and that game winner waz after the buzzer neway. Justice at last

Reply #7681 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

So is Craig Haines coaching U18 div 2s again next year?! Will that group be as strong?

Reply #7685 | Report this post

Years ago

BAD LUCK all forestvillians who had lost the GRAND take em out next time... And congrats to the 18 Girls

Reply #7706 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

hainsy wont b coaching next year. they should be failry strong

Reply #7710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the div 2's have the guy that sat on the bench with the div 1 team all season! Craig isnt doing it

Reply #7712 | Report this post

mini me  
Years ago

The 18 1's at woodville will be awesome...
the 2's will be pretty good, too many guards fighting for starting spots tho...
not enough forwards and centres...

Reply #7714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeh woodville 1's will be good, not sure how the new coach will go, but there old one wasnt too good either and they still got third so not much can be read into that

Reply #7802 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754