Macca
Years ago

Fella's V Lynx

Now for those that saw it... and good on the decent crowd for turning up and lending such great support!! That was the exact reason you never ever underestimate an opponent nor mess with form by playing bench players.
Playing the Perth Lynx.. 3 wins for the season.. 14 match losing streak and at one stage mid 2nd qtr we trailed by 10 and spent the majority of the 2nd qtr 6 to 9 points behind.

And who steps up... as they always do! Jen, Laura and Erin. With Dee really giving some grunt.

Love her or loathe her... Doc Smith really does find the basket... I still cant decide if she is a loss to the side or not. Although she did all she could to ruin our chances tonight.

Surely Bulleen will cough one of the remain 2 away games up and hand us 2nd spot.. and with the wave of confidence Dandenong is NOT riding going into finals.. things are looking good. But there will be no squad rotation... they can have a BIG rest in 3 weeks time!

Good work girls!

Topic #5927 | Report this topic

VC fan  
Years ago

so im guessing they won??

Reply #67367 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the WNBL site, they outscored the Lynx 41-24 in the second half to win 76-63.

Screen: 20 and 12
Summerton: 18 and 5
Phillips: 18, 6 and 8
Willey: 13 and 7

Smith had 22 points for the Lynx.

Hannah Bowley (12 points on 5/6 FG, including 2/2 3P) beat Brigid Bowley (DNP) for the winner of Bowleyfest Volume I.

Boxscore

Reply #67372 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Bulleen to lose to Townsville in their home arena-Fellas into 2nd place, thats my prediction. The girls are looking good! Looks like no matter what, that Dandenong won't do it again, I reckon that they will be knocked out. So who will the Fellas play in the grand final???? Definately the closest the final 4 has been for awhile.

Reply #67381 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Phillips had 5 assists in the first quarter alone.

I know I am not teling anyone anything new when I say this girl is one of the most incredibly talented basketballers around, but every time I have the priveledge of watching her play, she astounds me with her smarts, her speed and her sheer talent.

I predict she will be WNBA All*Star material in her rookie year over there.

Reply #67396 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yogee, that is a big call!

Reply #67409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yogee when Erin gets to the WNBA she will blend in Dawn Stalley and quite a few others have been playing that level basketball and above for eons and they will school Erin in the concept of basketball.

Erin is good, she dominates, here but over there she will be a little fish in a very very big pond.

Lauren Jackson she isn't

Reply #67413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Macca,

Dont agree. After looking at the box scores Lucas didnt play the bench. From memory 3 of those players didnt get on court, so you cant blame them for the fellas being behind in the second quarter!!!! That blame lies soley on the players who actually got on the court

I think your statements were a bit unfair on girls who deserve our support as well.

Reply #67417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also Ranford didnt offer much grunt in my opinion, look at her stats. She had a shocker!!!!

Reply #67418 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

No issue with anything you say there. And at no stage am I not supporting the bench players. The call this week came for us to rotate in Dukey, Bridg and Ez after minimal game time all season. My point was that the girls after a 3 week break needed to continue to play and not mess with good form. To continue to estabish rhythm and synch. And Perth proved very tough for us to get over with the starting 5 being our regular starting 5. Not one ounce of blame on our 2nd qtr position on the benchies nor did I at all mean to suggest that. Apologies if it were read that way.
All I was saying was that for 3 more weeks we need to continue our form and focus on getting the job done without any uncalled for tinkering

Disagree though on Dee. She provided great support despite #'s to Screeny who was on 4 fouls. Doccy was on the verge of tearing us apart.

Reply #67421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dee had a shocker, even ask her. Stop being in denial.

Reply #67440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

She was on 4 fouls too, and didnt score. How is that great support???

Reply #67441 | Report this post

macca  
Years ago

Yep No worries. Certainly will not ask her her opinion on her performance. Already know the teams opinion of her performance and thats good enough for me.
Do you mob sit there all day looking for the negaitive parts of positive things people say.. and then jump on them?
Cos thats seriously pretty sad.
What a waste of time to jump on and try and be positive because from what I have found there are a lot of negative and jealous people out there. Stay off the bandwagon when success comes our way.

Reply #67443 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I thought Dee had a good game, doing things that dont show up in the stats.

As for regular starting 5, how come Dee Ranford who started Wednesday night has been looking like Cherie Smith and wearing #10 all season?? :o)

Reply #67565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:33 am, Wed 20 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754