DJ
Years ago

Amare Who?

Suns get the easy win over Miami today.
What a scoring spread
Bell 21, Nash 21 (14 assists!), Marion 19, Jones 20 off the bench!

Topic #5941 | Report this topic

Tmac  
Years ago

Stoudemire

Reply #67564 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Yes, his name is Amare Stoudemire if you were unaware DJ.

Reply #67566 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

LOL I know that, my point is more to the fact of these Suns don't need him out there, all though it would be nice.

Reply #67572 | Report this post

Years ago

I shudder to think how much the Suns would have thrashed the Heat by with Stoudemire there, but that kind of win and wrapping up the series against one of the NBA's powerhouses so easily, is an achievement without their most dominant player.

Reply #67645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suns dont need him agaist teams like Miami where their most talented big guy is not htat mobile., dont get me wrong Miami are nuts with shaq and flash but think about the more talented teams like Memphis, Detroit, San Antonio who have more mobile front court players than Shaq. I think they'll definitely need him come playoff time. point, suns need him!!!!

Reply #67646 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Th Ematrix has really stepped his game up to another level without Amare. He has been producing good points, rebounds and getting some assists on the board as well.. it will be interesting to see if his game stays at the same level when Amare comes back.

Reply #67661 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Marion isn't doing that much better than last year, it's just that without Amare you notice it more.

Reply #67719 | Report this post

When he comes back they're going to have a freakishly good starting 5, with a solid bench:

Nash
Bell
Diaw
Marion
Amare

I'm going out on a limb and saying Nash will be pulling 20 assists per game constantly next season.

Reply #67736 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

If Jones and House continue to improve then 15 mayb.....but 20?

Reply #67742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats tot he sun i think they have one of the smallest line ups and they are taking on teams with huge lineups like the heat and winning they are a team with a lot of heart and not height and they get it done in the court

Reply #67821 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG, what are you smoking these days?

Nash will never average 20 assists a game. Never.

And LeBron is one of the best players in the NBA. He will make All-NBA first or second team this year.

Your theory that he sucks seems to centre around a few missed free-throws.

Reply #67822 | Report this post

I never said average The Doctor.

And lebron is no good in the clutch. you know, when it matters the most. He airballed a foul shot when the game was on the line.

Reply #67882 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

LeBron has is able to take over a game whether it be a pin point pass to big Z or a 20 point fourth quarter LeBron makes a big difference and the only way that Steve Nash could average 20 assists is if he came back to Dallas as the mighty mavericks are top in the west baby with the leadership of Dirk Nowitzki and non other then Eric Dampier I would give Jason Terry some credit but cheezeburger would probably ruin his new jeans and keybaord if he heard me give respect to a former Hacklanta player

enjoy it ELG

Reply #67888 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hamma, you lost all credibility when you sprouted the name Eric Dampier.....please, now there is a guy stealing money from Cuban.

I'll rewrite that part of your post for you "mighty mavericks are top in the west baby with the leadership AND ALLSTAR GAME of Dirk Nowitzki THE BENCHING OF Eric Dampier, THE STELLAR PLAY OF JASON TERRY, AND THE CONTINUAL IMPROVEMENT OF DEVIN HARRIS,JOSH HOWARD AND MARQUIS DANIELS AND THE COACHING OF JOHNSON." There much better...

Funny thing is that Dallas won more games last year without Nash then the year before when they had him.

Reply #67918 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

dallas will be now stuck with that hack dampier for the rest of his 5 year deal.

Reply #67946 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

ELG, you said,

"I'm going out on a limb and saying Nash will be pulling 20 assists per game constantly next season."

Umm.... 20 assists per game constantly.

If he pulls 20 assists PER GAME constantly, won't he be averaging 20 assists per game? I thought that was how an average was worked out.

LeBron is one of the finest talents the game has ever seen. Yesterday he blocked a fast break lay-up, then ran the floor for the dunk against Nash and the Suns late in the 4th when the game was tight. Clutch enough for you?

Reply #67958 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

its spectacular but not clutch.

Reply #67968 | Report this post

Fine. what i meant to say was... He will pull 20 assist games constantly.

No question Lebron is a superstar talent, but he's not yet mature enough to seal a game. I'm not saying that's a bad thing, Kobe and Jordan weren't hitting game winners at his age either. Jordan was still in college at this stage, relatively unknown!

Reply #68001 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Dont worry TR my credibility is still up there with the best of them. My saying that dampier is one of the D Mavs star was a joke between myself and ELG, tho Damps has been playing better since comming off the bench for "Big Daddy" Diop. and cheezeburger on damps fith year we can win the ship coz he will be hungry for another big contract

p.s. Its cold up here on the top of the mountain cheezy I think DJ Mbenga is getting nose bleeds up on the top of the ladder hows it going down there in the cellar oh well maybe next year

Reply #68006 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

My bad then Hamma.... my eye's popped out of my head when I originally saw the Damp comment.

Oh, he still is a thief for stealing Cuban's money, and dough-boy Diop is doing well, but he still sucks for a lottery pick.

If your a Mavs fan have a look at this Mavs mix, it's awesome, one of the best I've seen. It' pretty big, 95mb

http://rapidshare.de/files/12193318/Dallas_Mavericks_05-06_Mix_-_by_Mavs_Man.wmv.html

http://s1.upload.sc/request/312676a686e3f189844a3a50bbf27e97

Both links are the same mix, just different sites.

Reply #68012 | Report this post

Years ago

Dallas need to work on their defense if they are to consider themselves a threat. The Suns with Stoudemire back, Marion's stats won't change that much, he eases the pressure on Stoudemire when Jones will come off the bench. Move him to power forward and the Matrix will do his rebounding gig well like now.

Reply #68235 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

Dallas has worked on there D today winning there 10th straight game this is also the 10th straight game that dallas has held a team under 100 (franchise record). Dallas has relied more on D this year I'm not saying that they are on par with San Antonios D or Detroits as they are the best Defencive teams in the league but i would have to say with Dallas new defencive system and still having the offencive fire power that they have I can see them making noise in the playoffs

Reply #68280 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

desagana diop at starting centre is why dallas has won 10 straight.

p.s dik nowitski struggles

Reply #68295 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

I dont even know who the star player is for Atlanta so I guess im gonna have to go for your whole franchise struggles. Dirk Nowitzki is a machine leading dallas is points, rebounding, FG%, FT%,3PT% what a unit. but dont worry Cheeze whilst we are in the playoffs you and Atlanta can look at Josh Smiths Dunk Comp trophy and hope for next year

Reply #68297 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

zing!

Reply #68299 | Report this post

Josh Childress is a big player, expect him to become a superstar

Reply #68303 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

at least someone from atlanta has silverware. dallas wont get any.

Reply #68310 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

dont even know why dallas are in the nba. they are going to never win a ship, and they dont produce young talent. pointless them even being there.

Reply #68313 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

Yeh because Josh Howard and Devin Harris arent young talent. Giving Marquis Daniels a contract when he went undrafted, thats not producing young talent. Bit hard to make a case that one of the top 3 teams in the league shouldnt be there. Although you can definately make a case for Atlanta i mean if they werent there where would players sign for a year to pad their stats so they can get big contracts???? Would be a disaster!

Reply #68315 | Report this post

apparantly you missed his sarcasm, m dizzle.

Reply #68318 | Report this post

The Hamma  
Years ago

how sad is it cheezeburger that the best player on your team Al Harrington is getting shopped around to the NBA because your team cannot draft properly the only player to actually do anything out of this years picks for atlanta is Salim Stoudamire imagine what could have been if your team had drafted right and picked up Chris Paul or even Deron Williams it really shows the lack of knowledge on your camps behalf when they pick up another SF/PF when what you needed was a PG or a C oh well maybe next year

Reply #68441 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I don't like sinking the boot into another supporter of a struggling club, but Atlanta are shite at drafting players.

They are struggling at the PG position and could of had TJ Ford, Jamal Tinsley, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Jamar Nelson, Mo Williams, Earl Watson.

Look at the last few years.

2005: #2 Marvin Williams
Missed out on: Paul, Deron, Frye, Charlie V

2004: #6 and #17: Childress (bust) and Josh Smith
Missed out on: Deng, AI2, Nelson, Duhon, Al Jefferson

2003: Traded pick #8 to the Buck (happened to be TJ Ford) and #21 Boris Daiw (Most Improved candidate this year). 2nd round #36 Travis Hansen (who!!)
Missed out on: TJ Ford, Travis Outlaw, Delfino, Barbosa, Josh Howard. 2nd round miss on Mo Williams, Willie Green, Kyle Korver, James Jones, Zaza Pachulia

2002: Traded #8 to the Clippers (happened to be Chris Wilcox). Amare went #9, Prince at #23. 2nd round they grabbed David Andersen, but missed on Flip Murray, Matt Barnes, Luis Scola, Darius Songalia

2001: Had #3 but traded it to the Griz for SAR. Missed out on Gasol at #3, Richardson at #5, Battier at #6, JJ at #10, RJ at #13. They had pick #27 and selected Jamal Tinsley (part of the SAR deal) and traded him. 2nd round #34, select Terence Morris, missed out on Memo Okur, Earl Watson, Bobby Simmons..

This is getting depressing, and I don't want to be blamed for Cheeze's mental wellbeing.... It would be nice to have a crystal ball at the time cause who would of guess some of the above players when drafted would be that good today, but....

(Mod: Informative and tragically amusing!)

Reply #68454 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

that post hurt me TR.

Reply #68482 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

and for the record TR we selected kevin willis ahead of karl malone.

Reply #68484 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

what you might find TR during those years as in 2000-2003 it seemed like we wanted a team ready for playoffs and a chance to contend. thats maybe why i think we traded most of our picks off. i mean we did have a starting 5 of jason terry demaar johnson glen robinson shareef abdur-rahim theo ratliff with kukoc coming off the bench.???????????

Reply #68485 | Report this post

Years ago

I will say in Atlanta's defense Joe Johnson has done very well for them this season, including a triple-double in one of their most recent games, which was a win.

San Antonio are faltering, Dallas are yes doing alright ... depending on what seeding they manage to get will determine the outcome of their season.

Stoudemire coming back soon, his MRI showed he can increase activity i think up to jogging which will probably see him back for early/mid March. Look out after a couple of weeks of Stoudemire getting used to this season's class, the Suns are a big time threat to Detroit regaining the title.

Reply #68504 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Cheeze, I've been thinking about this post for the past shift, and almost started (maybe I will) a new thread about 'how to build a franchise'. Do you keep your draft picks in they are lottery, or do you swap them for good players???

Actually I'll start a thread about it, it's a good topic....

Reply #68525 | Report this post

Years ago

Where to start the franchise, feasibility study (and not screw up like they did in Vancouver), how much sponsors are willing to outlay depending on where and the players that are able to be attracted to the franchise, that is a start, you'll need a venue to be built around, say, 20 000 people, ticket pricing merchandising, coaches and staff that you can attract. I'm sure there is more TR.

Reply #68579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:03 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754