AussieMj
Years ago

Country Champs at Wayville

Check out the bball action this w/end at wayville. "A" men have 8 teams this year. First time that has happen for a lot of years. "A" women have 5 teams playing. Country bball is a lot different to Metro bball (well thats if the ref's let it be!) Come along and check it out.

Topic #5950 | Report this topic

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

The highlight of the tourny for me (apart from my team taking the title), was watching not-so-old-man Moses Guthrie scrambling to chase a loose ball, and leaping OVER the steel stands between courts 1 & 2, in his Semi Final.

Any other people playing, watching, reffing???

I noticed: Moses, King Of Old School, Rare23Air.

Reply #67801 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Hey Dr D, I was there too!

Reply #67861 | Report this post

rare23air  
Years ago

Can anyone provide reviews of the Grand Final's? Im sure Dr D can help me out here....Final Scores?

Reply #67870 | Report this post

AussieMj  
Years ago

Check the SA Country website. Hey Matt what with only 1 coach ejection 4 w/end? You must be getting soft.

Reply #67889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

which mount gambier player was it who won a grade mvp?

Reply #67890 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

AussieMj,

1) Who are you?

2) I only refereed 6 games for the weekend. 1 coach being turfed in 6 games is quite good. I followed the new directions of SA Country in relation to a coach's behaviour (which all associations were sent). Furthermore, if you asked the coach in question, he will tell you he deserved it!

Hell of a weekend! Great to see some of the ex Metro ppl out playing: Big Brad, Moses, and Chris Mason!

And that was the only trouble I had. All other situations were handled with a cocky response from myself with which it caught the players off guard and had to admit defeat!
GREAT BALLS OF FIRE!

Reply #67896 | Report this post

Dr Dunkenstein  
Years ago

Brad Gray (grey?) from Mt Gambier won the MVP in A Grade.

Final was Hornets def Devils by enough.

Devils Power Guard 23, hit a buzzer beater from the opposite foul line, it was huge. Nothing but net as well!

Reply #67912 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Moses Guthrie, now I know who you are! I reffed you in your game against Murray Bridge on Sat!

Reply #68002 | Report this post

AussieMj  
Years ago

You know me, well have seen me around. Your old man knows me. Well going on most country associations, most wouldnt have got the memo b4 champs. So the stuff you have been told doesnt come into effect until later. so no excuses. 6 games is that all. Didnt ref any of mine! well that would have prob been 2 ejections for the w/end. :) Oh yes the coach did deserve it. It has been coming for along time.

Reply #68016 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:40 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754