Uncle Buck
Years ago

FELLAS FINALS BERTH

The Fellas have scored a double chance in their finals campaign, which kicks off Saturday night against Dandenong over in Melbs.

Canberra play Sydney in the Capital.

The girls are already half-way to winning it - they have kicked the Sydney finals curse that has plagued them the last 4 years!

Go you good thing.

Anyone going over? Can BASA organise a bus?

Topic #5962 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

I htink you will find that Canberra are hosting Bulleen in the knock out semi!

The girls have hit form at the right end of the season and I think with the hassles at dandenong, they may just pull this one off

Reply #67763 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Yes, Sydney are out of the play offs for the first time in several years.

The only pity about the whole thing is the Fellas will be playing their first, and if they need it, their second finals game away.

Would have been great for them to have a home final for once and let the Adelaide crowd get right behind them.

Congrats to Chris & the rest of the coaches and staff, and of course to all the girls for a yet again wonderful effort to keep the Adelaide WNBL success going, never having missed a play offs yet!

Reply #67765 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

if basa arnt organising a bus you could do the trip yourself.

i had to organise my own way over when a bus trip fell through for the sixers back in november

still didnt deter me from getting there myself and catching up with a few people over there and then travelling back on sunday. pity we lost.

if you want details on what i did then email me. although a bus organised is much better makes travelling around melb a bit easier

carn the fellas

auslot

Reply #67766 | Report this post

Strikes twice  
Years ago

Sorry, but from the Wnbl website Sydney finished 4th and Bulleen miss out!! Also if Adelaide loose the first major semi v Dandenong they play the winner of the minor semi in Adelaide.

Fri, Feb 3 TBA Minor Semi (3v4) 3rd place Watch the highlights on ABC-TV on Sat afternoon

Sat, Feb 4 4pm Major Semi (1v2) 1st place Watch it LIVE on ABC-TV

Sat, Feb 11 4pm Prelim Final Minor Semi Loser Watch it LIVE on ABC-TV

Sat, Feb 18 4pm Grand Final Major Semi Winner Watch it LIVE on ABC-TV

HOW IT WORKS:

The winner of the Major Semi moves straight into the Grand Final and will host the game on February 18.
The winner of the Minor Semi takes on the loser of the Major Semi in the Preliminary Final.
The Preliminary Final will be hosted by the loser of the Major Semi.
The loser of the Minor Semi is eliminated.
The winner of the Preliminary Final will play the winner of the Major Semi in the Grand Final.

Reply #67770 | Report this post

Strikes twice  
Years ago

Ok my bad, I see now Bulleen have scraped in and Sydney miss out.

I am quite sure though the looser of Major Semi, hosts the Prelim final which in our case would be in Adelaide.

Can someone confirm?

Reply #67771 | Report this post

macca  
Years ago

Spot on. If we should lose to Dandenong them we would play the winner of the Caps and Boomers here in Adelaide at 4pm on Sat the 11th.

Reply #67772 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

How unlucky are Sydney. Won their last 9 games. I think some teams would be pleased that the form team is out of the finals race.

Reply #67773 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

STOKED. Absolutely STOKED.

Reply #67779 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Canberra is the team to watch. They have managed LJ's injury very well, played her for limited minutes for a couple of games (still outscored most other players anyway)and she will fire up now for the finals. LJ, Tully, Jenny Whittle or in fact anyone and LJ is a huge threat. I think Adelaide can do it still though!

Reply #67784 | Report this post

crazy one  
Years ago

jackson is still a danger -

will it be at wayville or dome

we could just jag a grand final here!

well done girls - good to see the bench get a run vrs AIS

it would be good to aviod canberra - but rememeber we defeated them 2 seasons ago with LJ in her WNBA stellar year - at wayville - in a big game

Reply #67876 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

LJ is a danger to any side in the world... let alone the Fellas's. But Laura will certainly have a better game this time around with the increased confidence she has shown in the past few weeks.
Erin, Screeny and Tami (with Sammi coming in) line up well against them.

We have to worry about the Rangers for now as Garry will refuse to have their current form continue. They'll be fired up. He's using quotes in the Vic papers about the size of the heart of a champion team... and our inexperience.

Bulleen will should go out to the Caps. Then we think about the Caps. For now we have Hamilton, McInerny,Wilson, Richards and Randall to worry about.

Reply #67881 | Report this post

ifeelsore  
Years ago

Wilson, Hamilton, Richards and McInerny have always been a big threat and Emma Randall's game seems to have developed a great deal this year. Is Bibby likely to play. She hasn't played many minutes but can have a huge impact on the game. I went to the WNBL final last year and she was amazing (as was the whole team. They didn't look like losing from the first minute of the game. I bet Dee Ranford would love to beat them in the finals!!

Reply #67884 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Jess has still a lot of trouble with her back. Has only been back for 3 weeks after surgery back in October. Hasnt played much more than 7- 10 minutes in short bursts( although one of those bursts included 18 points in 10 minutes at 50% and 3/5 3 pointers)
Who can forget her 47 points back in Jan 2005 in 27 odd minutes... she is definitely a danger and someone who is a dead eye dick! Still holds the free throw record at the AIS. She has a confidence, speed and arrogance that can cut a side to pieces.

Reply #67894 | Report this post

pureballer  
Years ago

go fellas....!!!

Reply #67906 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754