n_lev
Years ago

Amateur teams? Need a player?

Hi there!

I was wondering if there are any amateur teams in Adelaide I can join to play on a regular basis?
I just came from another country, used to play nomber 2 or 3. Not a big pro :-) But used to play in a university team long ago :-)
I'm 26 y.o., 1.80 m height.

Topic #6060 | Report this topic

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Amateur competitions can be broken down into three types: district (organised, competitive basketball from lower Div5 level to semi-professional Div1 level); social; and church.

The answer really is "where do you live"? Someone can then hook you up with a local side. Also, what type of competition you're looking for.

There's year-round competitions throughout Adelaide in district, social and church.

Reply #68691 | Report this post

n_lev  
Years ago

Hey, Moses!
Thanks a lot for information. I'm really new here so am a bit lost.

Do district teams normally play after working hours or during the day?
And what is social competitions?
I have now idea about the level of basketball in district or social competitions. Is it possible to see couple of games before somewhere?

Sorry for being annoying... :-)

Reply #68696 | Report this post

n_lev  
Years ago

I live in Camden Park, by the way...

Reply #68702 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Most district games are after hours, and the same with social. The Distinctive Homes Dome isn't far from you - probably your best bet any weekday in the evening. They have social competitions all week (church on Monday nights).

Reply #68710 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Address is 44a Crittenden Road, Findon (map above). Is about 10 minutes north of you by car.

Reply #68711 | Report this post

n_lev  
Years ago

Thanks for info, mate!

Reply #68877 | Report this post

n_lev  
Years ago

Thanks for information Moses. I found what I was looking for and play Div 5 now...

Reply #81925 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:37 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754