Isaac
Years ago

Stacker cut by Crocs

"As Chairman of the Townsville McDonald's Crocodiles, I called today's press conference to announce that the board has voted unanimously not to renew Coach Ian Stacker's contract when it expires on 30 June 2006. The club will continue to honour its commitment until that time."
"In closing, I want to make it clear that Coach Stacker has not been terminated. The fact is that the board has merely elected not to offer him a new contract. I trust you will report this event in that manner."
Surely that's the same thing? Certainly brings the same result...

Topic #6077 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

Ninnis for replacement!!!!!!!!

Reply #68771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

new sixers coach maybe :-)

Reply #68772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stacker to the sixers would be one of the best things to ever happen to our program, a proven coach at developing players.

Reply #68773 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You guys are full of it.

One bad loss and you're after the coaches head. Lucky for us there are calmer heads running the organisation and not you idiots.

Reply #68774 | Report this post

Joe Morgenstern  
Years ago

"Stacker to the sixers would be one of the best things to ever happen to our program, a proven coach at developing players"

Who had he developed? Brad Newley

Sam McKinnon was an already developed player by the time he moved north, Peter Crawford didn't really flourish until he was out of the program and in Perth.

Please don't mistake intensity and attention for someone who is constantly yelling and screaming at his players like a dictator?

Reply #68779 | Report this post

Meh  
Years ago

Stacker should go to the AIS and do some training as a coach. Then he can run up and down the floor at u/12 Nationals and act like a tool if he wants . His stock is very low now.

I dont think Ninnis will get the job . Too soon . He seems like a great guy,and is passionate , but i wonder if he is viewed as having enough maturity to coach a team with players older than him ??(Rose)

Reply #68786 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

(#68774) -
One bad loss? First of all, it was a humiliating loss, and it's not just one bad loss, we have been absolutely rolled quite a few times this season.

Reply #68788 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

That may be 24, but surely you couldn't be suggesting that Stacker would be a good replacement.

He abjectly failed to do anything with a group expected to be at least a top four prospect this year.

His teams have been routinely inconsistent - look to Townsville's recent seasom performances:

2006: 9th (did not qualify)
2005: 3rd
2004: 9th (did not qualify)
2003: 3rd
2002: 9th (did not qualify)
2001: 2nd (GF appearance - lost)
2000: 2nd (did not reach GF)
1999: 7th (did not qualify)

That is not a proven record, and with the talent he has, a shocking effort this season.

Stacker can not even begin to be described in the same breath as Smyth (who has three championsips in the same period and has at least guided hes team to the finals).

We do NOT want Stacker's rant/rave act in Adelaide. Even if your position is that Smyth must be replaced, Stacker as as replacement - forget it.

Reply #68829 | Report this post

Paul Smith  
Years ago

I bet Anthony Leight is really disappointed with the Townsville along the other NBL Referees

Reply #68872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

never fear the FNQ refs still have Alan Black to keep them amused

never forget the famous lost .7 secs

Reply #68922 | Report this post

cosmo  
Years ago

Paul, forget the circus that accompanied Stackers fine; Leicht is a terrible, terrible referee!

Reply #68967 | Report this post

Paul Smith  
Years ago

Cosmo I think you missed the point. If Stacker has spent as much time coaching his team as he did creating dossiers on the officials, he might have won more games. Everyone has one and he is one

Reply #69051 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Word is that Ninny has been offered a two year contract and may apply for the role of head coach. If so, good luck to him!

Reply #69066 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I think he said he will accept the 2 year deal once he finds out who the head coach is.

But as he quoted last night "This may be my best chance to get a Head Job"

nice scotty

Reply #69076 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754