You know whos amazing? dalembert

this guys unbelievable. Ben wallace-esque player. 17 boards, 4 blocks, 2 steals. game before that, 13 pts 8 rebs 5 blocks. I cant figure for the life of me why phila aren't winning. Oh yes i can, Chris Webber sucks. Next year if they get a better PF, and Iguodala keeps improving, they will be a force.

Topic #6093 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

Webber sucks ? Are you smoking the crack pipe again ELG ?
He has been a little inconsistent at times , but to say he sucks is way harsh.
He's averaging 19.6 pts/game, 9.7 rebs and 3.2APG and has to be content to watch Iverson go to the rack and 9/10 not pass it to him. His numbers can be compared favourably to his time at GSW (his prime? ) so i dont know what your problem is ?

What else do you want from the guy ? Those are pretty solid numbers and add to that his ability to hit game winners consistently.
"Webber from the top of the key for the win !! " ..."its good" - so many times.

I'd like to Sponsor an Award on this forum and call it the ELG/Cheezeburger Rant of the Week Award.

However, i do like Dalembert. Talented guy.

Reply #68975 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Webber hasn't missed the playoffs since 1998 I believe. Webber may be getting on a bit now and his knee may not be up to the old days but he is still putting up good/great numbers. Would be better if AI actually gave him the ball.

Dalembert is good but I wouldn't say he is on the same level as Big Ben.

Reply #68981 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Phili suck because they ain't got no D. Dalembert may rack the blocks, but Webber and Dalembert aren't even close to providing the interior presence that the Pistons front line poses.

Igoudala is their only reasonable perimeter defender.

Reply #68989 | Report this post

Man, webber is the worst defender ever. he certainly isnt good enough for the 2nd highest contract in the league. And he might give you 19 pts a game, but some of those points come at like 4-20 shooting.

Igoudala is their only reasonable perimetre defender? what about iverson

Reply #68993 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Also has said that if Nash plays for Canada he will too.

Reply #69004 | Report this post

Years ago

They won't come to the Comm Games, not because they don't want to represent their countries but because at this stage, their teams need them.

Chris Webber is alright, he's not bad but then again he isn't a Kevin Garnett.

Reply #69069 | Report this post

Years ago

Dalembert in 2 years will be like the mid-90s Mutombo but with better scoring ability. He will dominate the boards and have everyone thinking twice about coming to the rim, if they aren't already. I think Philly need to just start John Salmons at SF full-time already.

Reply #69174 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

philly need sa solid bench of quality role players. veterans who want to win a ship, who'll sacrifice pesonal glory

Reply #70149 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754