Isaac
Years ago

NBL MVP in 2004/05

Anyone got any tips for the NBL's MVP in 2004/05?

There are a few imports still to sign (Sydney have Mobley and Green coming in, Hawks have Mueller, Wildcats are struggling to get a couple, Hunter will replace Shields, etc).

I think the frontrunners might be:

Freeman
Rillie
Maher
Tucker (if he signs)

And I think Maher is in with a good chance.

Freeman will have tough competition from within the Bullets but if they can make the grand final he would be a solid bet, and Tucker might run rampant with individual stats given that the Wildcats don't really have a dominant team around him.

Topic #610 | Report this topic

Stephon  
Years ago

Willie Farley, Maher and Rychart will all have a good chance if Adelaide do well.

All 3 will hopefully put up decent stats.

Freeman will have a good chance also if Brisbane have another good season as expected. However, one must not forget that Brisbane has lost 'Mr Final Four' Paul Rees.

Not saying that Rees got them there but Rees must have an unbelievable record of not only making the finals but making the semi finals at the very least in most of his seasons.

Reply #5871 | Report this post

Chief Wiggum  
Years ago

Stephon you correct about Rees except who forgot to mention he couldn't get Forestville into the final 5 last season!

Reply #5878 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

farley, maher, freeman, tucker, rille

Reply #5880 | Report this post

tizzle  
Years ago

It WILL be John Rillie. The man has a point to prove.

Reply #5887 | Report this post

Shaqdiddy  
Years ago

Rillie had his big chance at the MVP over the past 2 seasons. No one has a bigger point and pure skill to back it up as Brett Maher does.

Without Nielsen around, and no Cat to take any votes from him, watch Maher destroy any remaining respect the general public may have for Brian Goorjian's eye for talent.

Reply #5901 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

I reckon it'll be a sleeper. Some unknown will steal the limelight and have a break out season.

Reply #5913 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

that could possible happen but i still think it will be maher, farley,freeman, tucker, rille

Reply #5916 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Maher, Chappell or Freeman would be my tips.

Reply #5981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:49 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754