Isaac
Years ago

Boti: NBL Finals are a joke

I don't know if too many out there disagree, but a bit of media pressure on the league won't hurt as usual. Boti's ramped up some finals publicity with criticism of the 8-of-11 finals system.

Apart from it being a wholly unjustifiable system devised by a three-man panel of which two had no basketball background, it also lends itself to an ugly close to the regular season.
When will the league move away from the format that sees only three teams miss the finals?

Do you think they'd ever dare run a poll on the NBL website asking what fans think of it?

Topic #6103 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

62% of me says no while 38% of me says yes.

Reply #69074 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

8-12 is a bit of a joke but obviously it is a marketing thing by the commish to keep fans keen

Reply #69077 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Fans are not kept keen by the current finals format. Fans are rather kept disinterested.

When there is no competition for a finals berth, there is no sense of acheivement involved in reaching the finals, and no real passion to clinch a berth in the finals where you are only making up numbers.

Pirates a chance in hell in competing in the finals. So why waste everyone's time and have them there.

Mediocraty is one of the biggest problems with basketball in general in Australia at the moment. The 'race to the finals' in the NBL is more a slow tortured limp to the finals and rewards failure rather than success.

Reply #69081 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

No good, rewards mediocrity.

Reply #69084 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

now many then, id say 5, maybe 6 now with the dragons

Reply #69190 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

50% of competing teams is always a good starting point.

Reply #69209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754