Anonymous
Years ago

sixers best team

who would you pick as your best sixers team ever. Anyone who ever played for sixers is eligible. you can have as many imports as you want as well. A starting 5 and bench, and theres no salary cap to think about, players need to be picked in postions to

Topic #6128 | Report this topic

Doctor E  
Years ago

Bradtke
Davis
Rose
Maher
Mee

Jones
Brooks
Cattalini
Pearce
Green

If I forgot some people I didn't mean to. So go easy on me.

Reply #69313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

10 that is hard

Guards
Brett Maher
Darryl Pearce
Al Green
Darnell Mee

Forwards
Mark Davis
Martin Cattalini
Dusty Rychart
David Stiff

Centres
Mark Bradtke
Bill Jones

Unlucky to miss out
Kevin Brooks
Willie Farley - only missed out to Mee because of defence
Rob Rose
Butch Hays
Leon Trimmingham
Peter
Mike McKay
Ray Wood
Just to name a few, it is hard to compare the part time basketballers of the original 36ers and the recent full timers

Reply #69316 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

I'm sick of this thread being put up every week...

Reply #69317 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

It's amazing Phil Smyth doesn't get a look in, but who would you leave out? I'm not sure that Stiff deserves a place.

Reply #69323 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

starting 5: Davis, Bradke, Green, Maher, Mee.
bench: McKay, Pearce Jones, KB
10th man: Kym Taylor

Reply #69333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't put David Stiff in the top 10 either.

Reply #69387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mott you are probably right about Stiff, but i just love his unorthodox play, he was probably at his peak whilst in Adelaide. Phil probably wasnt at his best whilst in Adelaide. Its hard do you pick a team based on their whole career or based on their time as a 36er.

I would have to add Jerry Denard & Rupert Sapwell as my 11th & 12th Men (not necessarily in that order), gotta have a cult figure somewhere in the team.

Reply #69388 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Smyth definately deserves serious consideration for the strarting 5. As great as Maher and Mee are I reckon phill was the starting PG at 3 or 4 olympic games.

Go The General "Your Team Needs You!"

Reply #69416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil when with the sixers was on the wane he was certainly towards the end of his career and was replaced rightly by Maher

I wouldn't have him in my top 10 either - his career would warrant serious consideration but not his career with the sixers

Reply #69423 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

I was probably thinking of Phil's overall career rather than as a sixer and concede he wouldn't be in the team on that basis. Agree with you anon (69388) about Stiff and I loved Jerry and Sap's energy and enthusiasm off the bench. Certainly added a spark when needed.

Reply #69431 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:12 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754