Jonno
Years ago

Sixers 06/07

How would people like to see the 36ers line up next year???,
i would like to keep the coar of this years group of Maher, Farley, holmes, forman, Rychart, Hill, Nash and cooper as a back up, end then try and recruit a good starting centre, schenscher would be ideal, but id settle for a derek moore or axel dench or some1 like that, and a back up point guard, maybe some one like brendan mann, or try a youngster from the aba, i guess our level of recruiting will depend on how much cap space we have if we re-sign most of our players, and if the rumours of dusty leaving that would leave us a bit more cap space, and if he left id chase a starting centre preferably a aussie and prmote forman to the starting line up, but i'd love to see dusty stay as him and willie are gr8 imports

Topic #6219 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Whose on more money? Dusty or Farley? Coz if farley's on more i think we should get rid of him and find a consistant player, rather than a player who can be brilliant but can also bring the team down.

Reply #70133 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

not sure about whose on more money my guess would be willie tho, but he has a contract so i dont see them getting rid of him, and i personally would chose to keep farley anyway.
I wonder if Jayson Wells would be available if one of our imports were to leave, as he is a very good rebounder and can also score and is very versatile!! i'd love to see him as a sixer, but ya my first preference imports would be willie and dusty

Reply #70136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i have been saying wells for a while, before we knew we had dusty this year. He is a great athlete and can run with our guard, plus the man can jump!

Reply #70146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

willie by a distinctive mile

Reply #70148 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Farley is signed for next season.

Gone are the days where we can cut a signed player and pay-out their contract.

Jonno, you state that you would like to keep the core of this year's team (apart from Rees and Hambour) and go after a centre and a back-up point guard.

You list Schenscher (or Dench/Moore) and Mann as your targets.

Problem with that is that Rees and Hambour are pretty much minimum guys meaning that you can limit our replacement options to guys like Dodman, Brad Gerlach.

Losing Dusty is the only chance of making any real change to next season's team.

Problem is that Dusty is reportedly a bargain import given that he averages 20 and 10.

Its not like we are going to replace Dusty with Shaq so while losing Dusty may allow change, I doubt it will allow improvement.

Even if we got an import centre we would have a hole at power forward.

Oscar and Nash don't provide inside scoring and I'm not convinced that Jacob will have a 20 and 10 year if asked to be Dusty's replacement at power forward.

If Dusty chooses to sign elsewhere, I would target Hinder, Cullen and Brad Davidson from Hunter. We would still have an import spot up our sleeves as insurance despite little cash to make use of it.

Would give us a starting 5 of

Maher, Farley, Forman, Holmes, Hinder

and a bench of

Davidson, Hill, Nash, Cullen and Cooper.

Not a bad team but championship calibre?

Reply #70150 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

For those interested, Jayson Wells is playing in Israel for Ironi Nahariya.

He had 12 and 10 on Feb 12.

Reply #70151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that is all we need, you have to figure its a stronger league, more physical. Dont know how much $$$ he is on though.

Reply #70162 | Report this post

S.A  
Years ago

I think the ideal center for us would be some one like Wade Helliwell he can put up big numbers and he is a great rebounder

Reply #70253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think dodman would be a good player as well for the sixers!

Reply #70675 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:05 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754