Anonymous
Years ago

Free agents from the Pirates

WHOO HOO!

Sixres can offer contracts to Cullen or Melmeth cause they won't have a team!

DOUBT!

They won't get a better place to have a team then newcastle/hunter except maybe canberra

+ no team from the birth place of the nbl

However it looks likley that we have another new team aswell as the Dragons.

How are the Breakers doing finacially???

pretty well i guess...

Topic #6234 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

With what money?

Reply #70383 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

If anything I wouldnt target Cullen before Melmeth.

Melmeth is starting to age, whereas if we could keep Cullen happy financially, he could be a long term prospect.

Reply #70391 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Hinder would be my top pick, followed by melmeth and then Cullen. Our weakness for years has been a quality centre. While Cullen has dominated against us he's been inconsistent throughout the season. This year's stats for the Hunter big guys:
Hinder: 14 points, 9 boards
Melmeth: 14, 8
Cullen: 11, 5
L. Davidson: 8, 7
Even the giant Eversteyn: 4, 4

Signing Hinder must be our top priority. From memory I even think he has some range.

Reply #70454 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hinder has range (44% threes) plus a decent 2.5 APG. I'm a fan, but I think he'd come as a 10 under the points cap.

Larry Davidson is young and doing well but Goorjian supposedly wants him at the Kings, so I can't see anyone winning him away from that on a budget.

Many people will tell you that Cullen is in the Vasiljevic basket and "not Smyth's style".

Reply #70464 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

I reckon we should definatly have a go at them all, melmeth and hinder and Larry Davidson would be my top priorities, but id even look into everstyn if we had no luck with the others, as he is young and big and we could do far worse

Reply #70467 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Isaac, fill me in on the points cap. I thought the only 10s were current Australian team memebers or players returning from overseas. If that is the case how could Hinder be a 10?

I would be very happy if we got either Hinder or Melmeth. But please no Geordie Cullen, i can't stand him! and he is not a true centre, more a 3/4 like Oscar.

Reply #70473 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

members

Reply #70475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hinder is a Boomer. I think if he changes clubs, and having been at the Pirates for only 2-3 years, he would acquire his external rating. Could be re-rated but doubt it'd be lower than an 8.

Maher (5), Rychart (10), Farley (10), Holmes (5), Cooper (7 tops), Forman (5), Hill (5 or lower), Nash (7), with maybe two spare spots. Should be OK. 12 left for two positions and near-minimum to spend on both.

Reply #70488 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

Didn't realise he was on the squad.

That brings up another question. Because we have players overseas now that can't commit to all Boomers games, should the fill in boomers be ranked a 10? For example if Anderson, Nielsen, Anstey & Bogut played there would be no way in hell that Hinder would be in that Aussie team.

Reply #70493 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

My previous post meant to target Cullen BEFORE Melmeth.

Yeah, he does seem to be somewhat aloof, and pre game seems to wander around listening to his i-pod or whatever he owns.....rather than hanging with his team mates.

Could the 36ers fit a bit of a "loner" into the team?

Reply #70701 | Report this post

Eddie #55  
Years ago

I don't mind Cullen as long as someone teaches the guy how to wear a headband without making a complete a$$ of himself!

Reply #70739 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:02 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754