Nutwork
Years ago

NBL Big Men

According to Ozhoops Mueller from the Hawks has been cut due to injury, the leagues big man stocks would be something like this;

Sixers, Rees & Cooper
Perth, Burston
Tigers, Bradtke, Stiff (Mottram?)
Cairns, Burgess, Rampton
Breakers, Blake & Pepp
Pirates, Melmeth, Hinder & Cullen
Pigs, Dwight
Kings, Wheels
Crocs ?
Hawks, Rice (Maybe Dench?)
Bullets, Brannen

You would have to say Melbourne & Hunter are best equipped in the middle, have the crocs imports got any size?

Topic #627 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think Mottram should be nearing fitness. Heard something about him missing the pre-season though.

Kings also have Knight.

Crocs have Calvary, and then two young guys in Cameron Tragardh and Greg Vanderjagt.

Bullets are trialling Miles Pearce and another guy.

Pigs dumped Neumann and I've heard they are looking at an SEABL guy (Jamie Holmes I think).

I'd say that the Tigers will be strongest in the middle, then Pirates, and after that it thins out a bit.

Reply #6074 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Isaac, are you sure the pigs aren't looking at John Holmes for some size in the middle?

Reply #6075 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Har har.

Back on topic...

Goodwin hasn't signed anywhere after apparent frustration re offers from Townsville, so he could be an option for some teams.

I think that Perth are taking big risks this season - if Burston goes down, they have Ronaldson in the middle and then you're looking at Rush or Majstrovich as the next tallest. The season hasn't even started and Burston and Grace are resting injury-prone body parts.

Reply #6077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wot about oscar forman

Reply #10457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

oscar is classed as a 6 foot 8 shooting guard.

Reply #10458 | Report this post

Tyrone Payne  
Years ago

To some coaches in this league who are trying to recruit good players with experience with the game of basketball i would say i am one of those players for your team this would be a great opportunity for you to know more about me and me know alot more about the league you coach in if you are interested in taking interest in me write back for more information

Reply #20305 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forum recruiting? Do you get a cut Isaac??

Reply #20308 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

No.

This guy is a guard (I think) from Newman University. I emailed him to explain that our ABA can't afford imports, our NBL team is happy with the imports they have, but pointed him towards the Taipans, Breakers and Wildcats. Also suggested that he look at playing in the SEABL or NZ NBL to get started.

I figure that most of the incoming imports are scouted in the US though.

Reply #20310 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

The NBL hasnt got enough Big Men....IF some NBL teams were to go and play in the NBA their Big Men would get absolutely hammered. That and more high flying dunkers are what the NBL needs, but other than that keep the imports coming

Reply #26048 | Report this post

Tyrone Payne  
Years ago

To any availiable teams that are looking for experienced guards that have the knowledge of the game and can contribute to any aspect the teams organization needs offensive or defensive sides of the ball. I am a 6'3 shooting guard, i am the type of individual that can fit into any system that i could be placed in just email me back if you are currently seeking a shooting guard.

Reply #67777 | Report this post

Tyrone Payne  
Years ago

To any availiable teams that are looking for experienced guards that have the knowledge of the game and can contribute to any aspect the teams organization needs offensive or defensive sides of the ball. I am a 6'3 shooting guard, i am the type of individual that can fit into any system that i could be placed in just email me back if you are currently seeking a shooting guard.

Reply #67782 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754