Years ago

Reply #70981 | Report this post

Jas  
Years ago

WHO CARES

Reply #70985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good call Jas as this is the man that told the 36ers board of the day not to hire Phil as he cant coach. People are bagging Phil now I know but how championships have we won under Phil compared to Dunlap?

Reply #70986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Jas too.. WHO CARES??

Reply #70991 | Report this post

DJM  
Years ago

While everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, Mike ran some excellent workshops for coaches at all levels of the game.

Reply #70993 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"Who cares" is not a valid post on Hoops SA. If someone asked, someone cares. For future reference "who cares" will be deleted and posters potentially blocked from using the forum.

Reply #70999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its not so much Who cares?, but people not wanting to remember something, or someone now thankfully firmly entrenched in their repressed memories!

Reply #71001 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

(If you see a thread about Mike Dunlap, it's pretty easy to avoid it if you have issues with the topic.)

Anyway, back on topic: Dunlap is currently churning out future Sydney Kings (there are four Australians on the Metro State roster right now so maybe we'll see more?).

Mark Worthington (2006 ROTY), Luke Kendall (contender for 2005 ROTY), and David Barlow (11 PPG off the bench, so not too shabby) have each come from Metro State.

I don't think that's accidental by the way, the Goorjian-Dunlap workings.

Reply #71005 | Report this post

Tynan  
Years ago

Thanks Isaac, and your facts are exactly the reason I asked for his whereabouts.

I am keen to pursue the guy as I firmly believe he is the best developer of "young talent" (both on and off court) I have come across in basketball.

Hopefully, I may just be able to get my 16 year old a scholarship to pursue both basketball and studies in the US post year 12.

Thanks again.

Reply #71006 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Go to startsmartbasketball.com for all the materials of Dunlap. Amazing site, the man has literally scanned ALL of his coaches notes and made them available to the free world.
He is excellent, simplifies the game (unlike so many other coaches of today).
Anyone who is a mentor to Goorjian must now his stuff... even you die hard Phill Lovers (BG Haters) could agree.
D

(Mod: Good link. I'm sure some local coaches will find those scanned PDFs interesting. For those looking: Go to Coaching Clinics in the menu and scroll down.)

Reply #71011 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Stingray, the link is awesome. Many thanxs

Reading some of the notes and plays of Hubie Brown, Lawerance Frank, JVG, Jim Calhoun and the Pistons training notes was great. Looks like the lads I coach are going to be in for a tough month learning some new plays.

Reply #71020 | Report this post

Tynan  
Years ago

Excellent post stingray....many thanks.

Will help our Club coaching programme.

Reply #71021 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Dunlap also coached - Todd Gower for 2 yrs (i think) and role player Kane Oakley from the Taipans.

Reply #71027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Rupert Sapwell, Simon O'Donnell and Shane Ahmatt to the list.

Reply #71044 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:38 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754