Isaac
Years ago

Only in America - PHI trade guns for tix

Sixers offer guns-for-tickets program

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- The Philadelphia 76ers and police officials Tuesday announced a program aimed at curbing gun violence by exchanging tickets for guns.

The one-week program opens Wednesday. Anyone can bring a working gun into a city police station and exchange it for a voucher good for a pair of tickets to an upcoming 76ers game, no questions asked.
Full article

Topic #6308 | Report this topic

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Damn - I was going to post about this.

If the 76ers were serious about reducing gun numbers, why wouldn't they institute the guns-for-bad-shots-taken-by-Allen-Iverson campaign instead?

Reply #71087 | Report this post

til next year  
Years ago

LOL. Wonder how many morons will get arrested as a result of this. People bringing in guns that they have committed crimes with.

Reminds me of the old police sting where they used to send wanted criminals a phoney "winning mail lotto prize" - please collect it at city hall at 3 pm on Saturday. At which time they were arrested.

The idea has merit though, and i guess we cant really understand the level to which hand guns has soared over there.

Maybe the Breakers should do the same sort of thing - but with Vacuum cleaners instead of guns ....
- beacuse they suck either way ! ;)

Reply #71088 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

And what about the fools that rock up to the games with a gun demanding free entry :-)

Reply #71097 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

America gets criticised for how bad their gun problem is and when attempts are made to fix the problem all you hear is "how bad must their gun problem be." It's retarded.

Reply #71126 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Nice effort by Philly I think. All those 'unarmed murderers' at the game, will be tough for security to cover though.

Reply #71147 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

well hopfully this brings up the point of not everyone in philli has a shooting percentage like allen iverson

random fact bout chuck norris

Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now the Islands.

Reply #71277 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Hahaha Chuck Norris, I love your facts man, they crack me up!

Reply #71448 | Report this post

http://www.4q.cc/index.php?pid=fact&person=chuck

there... no need for him to ever post again.

Reply #71499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754