Isaac
Years ago

SA Mens U20s top QLD, Women downed by WA

A few people suggested that the QLD U20s would be a formidable opponent for the SA team, but the South Australian team won the first quarter 23-5 and survived a 26-38 second half to win 62-59.

Jordan Dodman got the minutes against the QLD big men and racked up 14 points and 15 boards in 25 minutes. Chris Clausen had 17 points.

Fancied Stephen Weigh (considered perhaps the "next Newley" and an NBA prospect by at least one local coach!) had 20 points, but shot at 6 of 26 in the full 40 minutes for QLD.

The women's team lost 61-69 to WA. SA's Mia Newley had 16 and Nikita-Lea Martin 15, 9 and 7, but Rebecca Duke had 20, 8 and 6 for the opposing team.

Topic #6310 | Report this topic

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

The boys would be favourites for the championship now. Anyone else see that Pat Mills from ACT had 45 points in a losing team??

Reply #71107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The game of the tournament will be NSW vs SA in the mens.

Reply #71108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SA men have now qualified for the final regardless of their last game vs NSW. The only question now is who they will play - could be any of QLD, WA and NSW - I think.

Reply #71137 | Report this post

Is there a boxscore for the games?

Reply #71143 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

The only details that seem to be available are here:

http://nat6.basketball.net.au/FS_extra.asp?id=28398&OrgID=420

No box scores but there are match reviews and cumulative stats for every player.

Reply #71165 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscores here - click the scores.

SA just beat WA by 16. Dodman had 18 (8/13) and 9. Dowdell (plays with the Wildcats I think) had 22 and 17 for WA.

Reply #71166 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Yeah, sorry. Boxscores are on the same site.

Is Dodman a chance to be picked up by the 36ers for next season?

Reply #71167 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do you mean by 'picked up'?

he already trains with them

Reply #71168 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I suppose I meant is he a chance of being given a roster spot? I didn't know he has been training with the team. That answers my question.

Reply #71188 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

damn, ive heard that that pat mills guy was awesome, 45 points in u20 state to a better team!!! surely NBL teams would be watching him, anyone know how tall he is, what type player his? sounds like one to watch...

Reply #71235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

awesome pg only a first yr too!

Reply #71237 | Report this post

HJ  
Years ago

NBL teams have been watching Pat Mills since he was 16

Reply #71240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754