Bizzy
Years ago

Kobe Bryant in Team USA

Well it appears Kobe has been picked for the 2008 US Olympic team. His reaction I don't think could have been anymore arrogant if he tried.

"I have to tell you, I'm not in any way humbled by this momentthis is what I've been working towards my whole career, from entering the NBA draft right out of high school to getting Shaq traded away to my 81-point game," Bryant said. "I'm used to it. I know that if I don't bring my A-game on any given night during the regular season, the Lakers will be in trouble. The same applies to the U.S. Olympic squad, where I am, more so than ever, the most indispensable player on the team."

Full Article

What are people's thoughts on naming him to the team. I think considering they were trying to select a team-based unit, I wouldn't have thought Kobe fitted this concept.

Topic #6324 | Report this topic

Bizzy  
Years ago

Another nice comment:

Bryant added that he is also working on a special new kind of jump shot that is "indefensible and can only be done by me."

Reply #71254 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I actually think this is a joke - ooops

Reply #71255 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Just when he and Shaq were getting along too. The Diesel wont be happy with his "trade away" comments.

He really is a smug bastard isnt he!!. Where the hell are his minders during this rant? Doesnt he care about his image ?

Team USA better win by a lot or Kobe is gonna be eating humble pie.

Reply #71256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haha, you clowns - The Onion is one of the all-time most famous online joke news sites.

e.g., headlines like:

ACLU Defends Right of Neo-Nazis To Burn Down ACLU Headquarters

Archaeologists Discover Race Of Ancient Skeleton People

Bill Gates Gives Self 20 Charisma, 18 Dexterity

Evangelical Scientists Refute Gravity With New 'Intelligent Falling' Theory

Angry God Clarifies "Don't Kill Rule"

... and some classic Pope-related stories!

Pope Forgives Molested Children

Aging Pope 'Just Blessing Everything In Sight,' Say Concerned Handlers

Pope Admits: "God Ain't Said Shit to Me"

Pope Died As He Lived: Propped Up For Public Viewing

Reply #71259 | Report this post

Moose  
Years ago

If you read the article carefully , you see that he has been chosen as THE team.
Clever article

Reply #71260 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

I noticed - Hence post #71255 lol

Reply #71261 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

That'll teach me to post before i read the full article .. thanks Bizzy !! lol

Reply #71262 | Report this post

Chuck Norris  
Years ago

look despite kobe being an arragent NBA palyer, one of many might i add. the man has a point the USA team is supposed to be the absolute best assembled team at International competitions and only the Munich olympic games in 72 proved otherwise but in the past 3 or 4 years the Team USA has been struggling due to strong International teams with talented NBA palyers amongst them. If or wen kobe is in and performing for his country he better try his hardest or im joining the rest of society in the I HATE KOBE CLUB

random chuck norris fact

Superman owns a pair of Chuck Norris pajamas.

Reply #71274 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

You are a random guy Chuck.

Reply #71286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

random chuck norris fact

that chuck norris gear was over in 2005.

Reply #71287 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:54 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754