The Journo
Years ago

ABA Week One Preview - Sat Night games

Southern vs North

The women's match should be a close one, whether the chemistry and pace of the Rockets can out smart the yet to gel, tall Tigers will be a major key.

Southern by 5

In the men, yet another close one should evolve, the additions of Goodenough and Alexander will boost Southern, Hambour vs Alexander will be an interesting one.

Southern by 7

Eastern vs West

Not many teams will give the Bearcats much worries this season. The addition of Cherie Smith and Sam Woosnam gives West the muscle inside and should win comfortably.

West by 15+

The mens game should be FAST! Both teams will look to push the ball up quick. Rematch of elimination final in 05, whether the West juniors can step up will be the key

West by 4

Topic #6402 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Journo - can we expect reviews for the entire season? that would be great!

Cherie Smith, i thought she had stress fractures in her foot???

Reply #72000 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Yes, if I get enough free time in my Uni tutorials there will be weekly previews.

Dont know about the Smith injury, I dont think it will play a part in the Bearcats chances at Mt Barker.

Reply #72003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah I can see it would take a long time out of your schedule to write one sentence on each game.

Bit of a let down after you built yourself up earlier in the week.

Reply #72013 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

When did I do that?

Of course I'll make time for the ABL!

Going to be one of the closest seasons yet!

And thats not to build it up so people go to the games either!

Reply #72079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Almost reight on the womens with Southern winning by 8. Off on the men with North winning that game. I believe Eastern won over West?? Not sure on that.

Reply #72243 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Yes Eastern mavs won in both the mens and womens games, the womens by one or two and the men by a solid 20... or there about. looking sharp

Reply #72826 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754