The Journo
Years ago

ABA Week One Preview - Sun games

Sturt vs Forestville

Womens game toss of the coin really, Sturt at home are tough and should get this one

Sturt by less than 10

Oscar Forman showed Tuesday night that he will be the difference this season, its a case of no Oscar = no Sabres.

Sturt by 20

Woodville vs Centrals

Generally the first chance for Centrals women to win their first game in decades, but Woodville will JUST prevail.

Woodville by 6

The mens game in volves ALOT of Warriors, and most of them will be playing for Centrals!

Will there be a championship hangover? Whether Watson, Vandenbergh and Wilkey are fit and play will be the difference in Woodvile winning by 30 or 10.

Woodville by 10

Norwood vs South

The much publicised IMPORTS for South need to fire for the Panthers to trouble the Flames.

Norwood by 13

Norwood men, lead by Cooper will be too tall for SOuth. Whether the fighting spirit of the Panthers kicks in early will be crucial.

Norwood by 9

Topic #6403 | Report this topic

annoymous  
Years ago

Norwood could not beat the state side? How can they bet south ?

Reply #72012 | Report this post

Mr Hankie  
Years ago

if that is the women anon they do have Natalie Hurst from Canberra now.

Reply #72014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get on centrals woment to beat woodville they will surprise some teams this year

Reply #72023 | Report this post

g-diddy  
Years ago

I would put $5 on all these women's predictions being wrong

Reply #72049 | Report this post

femmesep  
Years ago

g-diddy, i'll see ur $5 and raise u $5. journo, with those predictions you could be out of a job by sunday night.

Reply #72053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how about all you nay-sayers put your mouth where your ... money .. is?

oh.

Well, how about you give us your tips then?

Reply #72057 | Report this post

doubter  
Years ago

South will struggle against the norwood talls what big guys have they got? Rumour has it Blight won't be playing this year, pilkington has gone away. The tall african looks good but they might be too shallow.

Reply #72060 | Report this post

g-diddy  
Years ago

wouldn't saying all the tips will be wrong be the same as posting my tips? but just of you Anonymous...in the women only forestville over Sturt, Centrals over Woodville and South over Norwood

Reply #72063 | Report this post

femmesep  
Years ago

Regarding anon's comment:
'get on centrals women to beat woodville they will surprise some teams this year '
Centrals will have a good shot at 2 wins this year, both over Woodville. My prediction, look out for Centrals new recruits to have strong legs and shoulders and be fit to carry the team for a while, but before long the load will start getting heavy and their knees will buckle, & then so will the lions hopes of winning games.

Reply #72065 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Well a week is a long time in basketball.

Obviously the tipping will be better in round 2, for all!

Reply #72077 | Report this post

seswevl  
Years ago

How do u think natty will go for norwwod???she a class player in canberra, will she bring anything to your league do u think???

Reply #72131 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Canberra comp is about equivalent with out div 2 comp. That said, she will do OK in ABA but would not probably be rated in the top 5 poitn guards in the comp.

Reply #72132 | Report this post

seswevl  
Years ago

you recon.. i saw her play in that game against perth when she top scored.. she is looking really fit and strong and has ben working with graffie so i think she might go out and surprise everyone..

Reply #72134 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

Seswevl Nat will do well. Canberra Aba is better than our div 2 - Anon have you actualy seen her play??

I have seen Nat play at Aba Nationals and know she has good game

Wont surprise me at all

Reply #72137 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm with ses on this one. She'll surprise a lot of people in Adelaide over the season. The girl can flat out play.

Reply #72138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at the point guards in our comp.

Lindsay at Forestville
Terri-Jo at Southern
Kelson at South
Soulatzis?? and Lampshed and Seewood at West
Marino at Sturt

She would probably be rated behind these.

Canberra does not have an ABA comp. They have a compbined team play in the Waratah league. Which does not traditionally fair well at Natioanals

Reply #72140 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

Agel will be jumping all over the place and making up for the rebounding power that pilks provided. scans is in some of the finest form in his life on the track and will post some big numbers this season.

Reply #72141 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

Ok then who are the top five point guards in the Aba - men and woman

anon 72132 this will be a good one for you to answer?

I would say:

V Kelson 1
N Lindsay 2
A Williams 3
E Seward 4
N Hurst 5

Andrew from NOrwood 1
J Watson 2
D Ngg 3
D Phillips 4
C Wilson 5

No particular order in the men, its too hard

Reply #72142 | Report this post

seswevl  
Years ago

yeah she awesome.. give her a couple of weeks to fit in and get her confidence up.. find out how she wilol fit in the team she will rip people up.. i swear it

Reply #72144 | Report this post

seswevl  
Years ago

natty is way better than seward

Reply #72145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TR - "The girl can flat out play."

Flat out play - Erin Phillips?
Flat out play - Kamala Lamshed?
Flat out play - some div 2 bench warmer?

Reply #72146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fresh

You would need to put Lindsay at least in pos 3 considering she played more time that Hurst at Canberra this year with a coach that didn't even like her and she had a better year the previous one.

And I'm not sure that I would even rate Seewood as the Best Point guard in her own team.

And the fact that you rate Webber the best point guard in the state in staggering. Good young guy, but not in the top 5.

Reply #72148 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

Anon 72148 read the post again you clown
I rated Lindsay as no 2 and Andrew Webber in the top five but in no particular order.

I think he is a good point guard.

Reply #72152 | Report this post

seswevl  
Years ago

you have no idea what your talking bout anon.. seriuosly you have not seen natty play lately.. you are blinded by your sa ppl.. cant wait till this season unravells you will be proven wrong..

Reply #72153 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

Yep I concur. I change my mind and rate Nat ahead of Erin because of injury.

Narelle and Vicki are the best in this league so they will be the ones for Nat to come up against....

Reply #72155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Fresh, Sturt would play Potsie, Shep or Vaughn as PG before Darren I think.

I think Wilson was very impressive last year and Kosmider was the assists leader last season. Vandenbergh and Zorich would also have to be in the running?

Reply #72159 | Report this post

annoymous  
Years ago

I think south bye 10 pionts over norwood.southern bye 1 over north. centrals bye 5 over woodville.

Reply #72160 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

yep shep is very good, Ng more of a shooting guard then, hes awesome either way hey?

Reply #72161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754