NCTH
Years ago

Norwood vs South ABA Men

Anyone know result from this arvo's game??

Topic #6442 | Report this topic

john  
Years ago

Norwood won by 20 points!!!!
go you good thing!!

Reply #72329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear the Norwood women also won. Is that right?

Reply #72334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Women: Norwood 80, South 64. Jess Smart 17, Georgi Howlett 13 for the Flames. Panthers had 17 and 13 boards from Jenine Browne, 13 from Vikki Kelson and 10 from Chloe Henderson.

Men: Norwood 101, South 79. Eley had 24 with 7/13 threes, Coops had 11 and 20 boards and 6 blocks (nice!), Bell had 13 and 9 assists, and Webber 12, 7 and 6 assists. For the Panthers, Scanlon had 17 but took 5/26 FG to get there, Lockyer had 16 and 6 off the bench, and Frost had 12. Machar had 14 boards and all 3 of South's blocks.

Reply #72373 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I can't believe south lost, i heard their team defense was a joke. on paper they were the better team, but go the underdogs!

Reply #72379 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

south women not men

Reply #72380 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

what happened panther? what is going on? i know its early, but give us some hope for the year?

Reply #72463 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Charlie, it was a disappointing start to the season for the guys and things are only going to get harder for us. BASA haven't exactly helped us out with the draw giving us Woodville, Sturt, Forestville (All top three teams from last season) and Norwood (State League Champs) as the 4 teams we need to play 3 times and the first 4 teams to start the season.
Norwood got off to a good start and it was always going to be hard to get back from that deficit.
We did the same thing last season by being beaten to Centrals by 20 odd and we bounced back the following week and i'm sure we can do it again this week against the defending champs. The Panthers are a formidable force at home and will look to get the win on the board on Saturday!

Reply #72475 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Panther I don't mean to sound rude but things will have to change in a big way if you are to defeat any of those teams you mentioned.

The main difference between Norwood and South on sat night was the focus on the team game and not on the umpires.

The Tech fouls were costtly and the senior players in your team let your side down big time.

I hope you guys get it together and push some teams this year

Reply #72499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

norwood looked awesome in the first half. having eley for a full season and cooper in the middle will make a huge difference and if bell can stay fit look out!! coopers stats of 13pt 20rebs and 8 blocks! ouch!

Reply #72506 | Report this post

roger  
Years ago

i also think that south missed steve pilkington big time...

Reply #72570 | Report this post

CĀ“mon Keithy  
Years ago

Krause got up 11 shots in 16 minutes?? MVP performance there.

Reply #72584 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

South are old and past it.
Take a wooden spoon boys.
Keep underating the Flames at your peril!!

Reply #72596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at the stats for both sides that must have been one ugly game!

Reply #72599 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

South old and past it? I don't think so. There ain't no way we're taking the spoon this year. I think the game was quite entertaining actually, generally of a high standard with not much scrappiness at all, except for the first quarter which was to be expected I think. South got good shots but just had a horrendous shooting night. We'll bounce back, and if we start thinking like you anon we might as well give up now. We think we can go 3-0 over the next three weeks, but of course we've got our work cut out for us and we'll have to be close to our best. But don't go writing the ol Panthers off due to one quarter of basketball that cost us the game on Sunday

Reply #72655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Indiana, how are people underestimating norwood?? thats crazy talk.
With an NBL big man (one of the few in the league) surrounded by an ex collage shooting guard and several other good shooters and being guided by an exNBL player in sapp as coach they would have to be a top four prospect this season.

Reply #73072 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

73072, NAIA Walk-on. U could do it too if you had the cash.

Cooper/Sapper is all norwood has going for them.

Reply #73079 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Anonymous (73079),

Keep bashing Norwood and their chances, youll be sorry. Have some balls and post under a name.

Rob Eley can play. One of the best shooters in the comp.

Reply #73100 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754