Isaac
Years ago

NBL Salary Cap Raised 5%

The NBL will lift its salary cap for the 2006/07 season after negotiations with the NBL Players Association.

The parties agreed to five percent rise on total player payments for the new season, taking it to A$776,000.
Full article

Topic #6481 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

I wonder if Dusty would have stayed for an extra $35 k / year ?

Although i guess only being offered 1 year here as opposed to 2-3 in QLD was the clincher .

Reply #72920 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I don't know that Adelaide and Brisbane are competing on level ground, for one thing, so an extra wad might still get us nowhere close to what the Bullets would offer. In addition, we're in a position where come May, someone might buy the club, pay out the coaches and then who knows what will happen - Brisbane has a touch more stability for someone in Dusty's position.

And even though Dusty did ask me to not say anything bad about him on here (haha!) I think an extra $35k could be better spent elsewhere within the roster (someone like Brad Davidson, and then an import in the middle). Otherwise if you get Dusty back, you're in the same position as 05/06 and I dare say you'd get the same result.

With some good signings, this could be best for everyone - Dusty gets a better deal, Dusty fans still get to see him playing in the league, and Adelaide might come up with a more competitive roster.

Reply #72922 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Another thing that Dusty expressed concern over yesterday was the fact that he might be booed when he comes to play here. From the posts on his departure, I don't think anyone has any bad feelings for his decision to leave. I do however beg everyone to show kindness to him when he does come in a Bullets uniform. He has been a valuable addition to our team in the last 4 seasons. He has worked his butt off to put in a good game. He has also shown appreciation for the opportunities he has been given here in Adelaide. He deserves to be continuously supported by the fans here in Adelaide. His decision to leave was based on the current circumstances within our own club. He did not want to go. He said that the love and support that he has been given here in Adelaide was what made it toughest for him to make that decision. Please let that love and support continue.

Reply #72972 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

i'm sure he will get a good response, look at the way we treat mee and cat they are still loved by the fans and dusty was a fan favourite so i cant see any problems, maybe a few pricks might boo but true fans will appreciate his efforts over the years.

Reply #72982 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

he deserves everyone in Adelaide's full respect for what he has done here in Adelaide...the poor guy didnt really want to leave here, he loved it, but as has been said 100 times he needed security etc..so hopefully everyone understand his position and gives him the credit he deserves!

Reply #72987 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Anyhow, he's yesterday's news. Bring back Paris McCurdy.

Reply #72999 | Report this post

Nutwork  
Years ago

But now he would be called P Mc. Fo shizzle!

Reply #73024 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:45 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754