Soarer
Years ago

David Laurie new Basketball Manager @ Eagles

Thoughts?
Also, this from Forestville website

"Matt Sutton has accepted a role at Basketball SA ( soon to be renamed Forestville II ) and will vacate his role at the club.

David will work closely with Matt and Paul Arnott , to ensure that we have all the programs in place prior to his departure. We will advertise via the WEB for a replacement

We wish Matt all the very best in his role, and hope that he has a very successful ABA Season with us

Paul Prior
President "

Thoughts?

Topic #6482 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

here's my thought. I think its interesting that the president of eagles would be proclamiing basa being forestville II.

Reply #72921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah, I think that might of been soarer adding that little punch line.

Reply #72927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nop, it is on the Web site.

And I thought Sturt were arrogant. Perhaps we do need to worry about the bias that helps Forestville.

Reply #72931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it would of been meant to be written in jest, but I probably wouldn't of put it up.

Reply #72946 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's obviously a joke. Everyone should just relax! The basketball community can be so ridiculous sometimes.

Reply #72948 | Report this post

Paulo  
Years ago

Sorry Basketball SA, it was said in jest and will be removed.
Guess who

Reply #72949 | Report this post

Art Vandalay  
Years ago

Anon #72931

You said "I thought Sturt were arrogant"

Definition of Arrogant: "having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride". Moreover, In English, the term "pride" refers a sense of self-respect, a refusal to be humiliated as well as joy in one's accomplishments.

This is certainly true of us Sturtys - we are very guilty of being "overbearingly" proud of our club and joyous of our achivements....Yes its probably unwarranted sometimes; but from the looks of some of the topics on this site regarding other clubs - (ie disgruntled members and officals bickering amoung "their own") maybe a little "arrogance" stemming from "pride" and "self respect" is what is needed?

Reply #72954 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

In the words of Shane Warne and Mark Waugh - stupid and naive.

Reply #72998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats Dave

Reply #73005 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:45 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754