Yothu
Years ago

ABL 2005

Does anyone have any news on anyone changing clubs for next year?? I hear Oscar might be going to NZ or Melbourne, and Jason Williams might heading to a new club, Wilkey might be leaving.. Might be a wise decision!!! Ialso heard that Blight and Kosmider are going to Wests and Nick Cambell might be going to Sturt!!! any other news???

Topic #654 | Report this topic

Nathan Wieland  
Years ago

I have heard that along with the Salery Cap there is a new policy on player transfers.

I'm not positive, but I heard that they were trying to limit the top teams from getting talent from outside of their club. I heard something like the top teams can only recruit one player from outside of their club, while lower finishing teams were allowed to find 3 from outside of their club.

They are trying to make the Conference more competitive and even.

Reply #6417 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

I've heard the same.

Teams 1-4 can recruit 1 player that has NOT represented the Club at any level, 5-8 can recruit 2 & 9-10 can recruit 3.

Reply #6424 | Report this post

deak  
Years ago

Yothu - You are saying that Sturt could lose 3 of it's starters? Wow! I can see why Wilkey would leave. Oscar may want to pursue some $$. Why would Jason leave, he's Sturt through and through . . .

Reply #6431 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

Yeah well thats whati've heard from a few birdies!!! Cooper said he might stay in town depending on who offers the most $$$... and I'm serious!!! So start ringin him if i were sturt and oscar was leavin...

Reply #6442 | Report this post

TommyJR  
Years ago

More competitive and even ?????

Did I miss last season where 6 of the 9 teams were in the finals hunt all season. Plus the 3 others all gave most teams some headaches

Maybe the girls comp has some issues but the mens is fine thanks

Go Away BASA

Reply #6448 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

I agree.. The womens comp is obvious every year with the top 5 the only thing we don't know is who will win??? the mens is fine cause we had South with a few upsets Norwood and Southern as well... But i don't see sturt there next year in the mens finals!!! they will be very young but in 2 or 3 years they will be unstopable...

Reply #6450 | Report this post

Years ago

Wilkey has left sturt, he is now back at Centrals... :)

Reply #6489 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Simon Kent to Woodville - from a reliable source.

Reply #6494 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

just wondering what was the latest on jason williams injury

Reply #6506 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

if sturt lose three of there starters they wont be anything like 3 years ago when they were dominant

Reply #6547 | Report this post

Yothu  
Years ago

When you think about it.. if they were smart they would spend their money on cooper if ozzie goes and then play the young around him and paul bauer and todd gower... They will be awesome in about 2 years once they develop!!!

Reply #6570 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

jst woundering is marcus ng playing abl this season

Reply #6621 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Is the tranfer of Kozzie confirmed??

And now that Kent is going to, who the hell are south going to have??

Looks as if they will be the league bitches this year.

J bags I think I;ve lost my mojo!!

Reply #6685 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:52 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754