Isaac
Years ago

McQuade's Sixers Season Review

Matt McQuade's doing the rounds with season reviews of each club. His review of the Adelaide 36ERS efforts in 05/06 are now online at the NBL site.

Here are a few select quotes:

When you consider the Sixers were 9-1 and went 10-12 the rest of the way in the regular season, you get more of an idea of how mediocre their 05/06 campaign really was. Without Maher, they were a leaderless, rudderless ship, had virtually no backup at the point and didn't play with the type of passion that characterised them when their outstanding captain took the floor.
Brett Maher:
Did everything but sell the popcorn for his team every night. Won games off his own bat, led the team in assists, shot the ball reasonably well, grabbed nearly five boards a game and played tough D. The heart and soul of this franchise.
Adelaide needs more size and scoring up front and a solid backup point guard for next season.
I don't know who would disagree with that assessment of what's needed for 06/07.

Topic #6549 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Seems to be the same thing year in year out. lack of inside presence.

Will Adelaide ever see a dominant big man?

Reply #73655 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

The entire player breakdown was spot on in my opinion.

Did Hambour really play 30 games? I seem to remember more than 3 games where he didn't get off the bench. I would have thought he played in more like 10-12 games.

Reply #73658 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The NBL seems to count DNP-CD as a game played sometimes. Their revised stats show Hambour as playing in 9 games in 2006 for 15 points and 9 boards.

Reply #73677 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754