Just being nosey
Years ago

Southern meeting last night?

Just curious to see if anyone went to that Southern meeting last night. Can anyone spill the goss!

Topic #6564 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Obviously I didn't go because I have nothing to do with it, but I was told that Travis Leaver and Heath Jury spoke to those in attendance about the decisions that have caused issues with some people. Roughly fifty people showed up.

Tracey Beatty was announced as JCD for the Girls.

If anyone who attended the meeting would like to reply to this thread with their thoughts, I would encourage them to keep it clean and reasonable. If you would put your name to it, that'd be even better.

No sniping, no snide remarks, no juniors trumpeting irrelevant woofing. Any comments comparing me with Hitler will, as in the past, get deleted and see you blocked from the forum - if you've got a problem with that, go and find that lovely proverb about walking a mile in a man's shoes, etc.

I, and the other moderators, reserve the right to mercilessly delete offensive, off-topic, or potentially defamatory posts. Keep it on-topic, professional and positive and you'll be fine. Of course, if you have issues, you can always contact the club directly.

Reply #73836 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

I hope all the issues where aired and that all the people who have been snipping went to the meeting last night. Good luck to Southern and I hope we see them up the top in the near future.

Reply #73863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly didnt have the venom that was shown on here.

Reply #73930 | Report this post

Leith Gourlay  
Years ago

The meeting was a Coaches Meeting - As stated previously, approx 50 attended.

Travis Leaver and Heath Jury did speak about the difficulty of their jobs, how they are doing their best for the club and how they want to see the club experience greater success.

Reply #73933 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heath Jury, now there is your biggest problem

Reply #73936 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Heath Jury works his butt off.
Dont slag him and be anon.

Reply #73943 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

So step up Anonymous... - or sledge from the shadows like the coward you are???

It's all about choices. Help me to help you.

Bill Hopkins Senior and Heath both put phone numbers you can call if you have an issue.

Oh, sorry, maybe you're too bloody stupid to be able to work the buttons.

Reply #73944 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Here, here, Pickles!

Reply #73945 | Report this post

Tripod boy  
Years ago

I'm a big fan of Heath's coaching, he has a passion for the game and applies alot of effort and thought to his coaching, so i find it hard to see him as the problem, maybe they're just short of a good shooter ;)

Reply #73954 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Is Tracey not going back to Canberra?

Reply #73976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

got to pay her some how!!!!

Reply #73977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just wondering where this position was advertised?

Reply #73979 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

As you all know I am a big fan of all the players, and staff of the Southern Tigers orginisation.

but there are some problems that need to be resolved, as it has been seen through the on court performance. The 0-2 start to the season after the addition of some positive tallent is not where the club would like to be. (obviously)

Whether that be because of coaching, admin, or just players not stepping up, I hope, that what ever issues were tabled at the meeting have been resolved, and I hope that this can reflect on court on Saturday night.

The boys are close and ready to pounce lets just hope everything clicks, and we get rolling! Go get em' tiger!
(gee wizz J bags you really need to come up with some original material...that was crap!)

Reply #73984 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Obviously you don't watch the women... 2-0!

Reply #74034 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Pickles Housmate,

Beat North which was good considering who they beat last week, but beating West with all those players out in overtime isn't really inspiring basketball. Good start but long way to go.

Reply #74037 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

It's actually housEmate, but anyway... ;)

... I think it's great to be able to comeback from a large deficit at 3qtr time and win in overtime.

Beatty and Cooper had only trained 4 times before that game - other Sthrn players still adjusting to having players over 185cms tall.

2-0 against North and West - i'll take that anytime.

Saturday night's another game.

Reply #74039 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

What are you? an English teacher? Eastern should be great game.

Reply #74040 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

Anon 73979

Why should they have advertised for the position?

I would say there new Girls JCD is fairly well qualified in the game of basketball.

Reply #74042 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

mmm, I tend to agree with Smith.

How many JCD's in SA have WNBL Championships under their belt?

Reply #74049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the know you the wanker that said west wouldn't have those players out in the first place or do you forget writting that?

Reply #74058 | Report this post

B.H  
Years ago

ok back to the topic at hand, well done girls for a good start.

The trouble makers didnt show up Tuesday nite (running scared)

The people that did showed up, know where the club is headed. pity that it came to that stage but it did. time to build a bridge and get over it.

P.S how did the new U14 coach B D1 coach go on Friday nite??
heard he lost by 27 or so, to a team they drew to 2-3 weeks ago under the old coach.
(Wise choice???)

Reply #74063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon or should I say Put up or shut up, you are still a knob!

Reply #74088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are you! To come on here days later and change your story. You are the bigest knob of all. You do it all the time. Go back and read what you have to say. I'm a kid and can still see you don't know what you are talking about.

Reply #74103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pickles housemate,

More interested in her coaching experience. Just because she played WNBL (and with quite average stats for a 6'7" chick mind you) doesn't mean she can develop players.

PS What happens when she goes back to Canberra. Will nobody do the job for 6 months?

Reply #74120 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Give the U14 coach a break. Do you think a coach can have such a big impact in 2-3 weeks? And BH asking if it was a wise choice? That question can not be answered until the Winter season is over and even if it is or isn't, the decision has been made.

Reply #74124 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rite,

You seem to have a previous involvement in the the Tigers? For a team to go from a draw to a 27 odd point loss is a fair difference. I take your point that the end of the season will judge his results.

Reply #74132 | Report this post

Coach K  
Years ago

The u/14 team had all of 2 trainings with the new coach before that game, anyone with half a bball brain would have seen a team running decent structured bball.

They had many opportunities to put the team away early but missed their shots.

We'll see if people are still bagging this team, coach and club in one months time, or state champs for that matter.

Reply #74163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congradulations Coach K for the funniest post of the week. Just out of curiosty, what do you think Southern will win at State championships.

Reply #74164 | Report this post

Coach K  
Years ago

I didnt say they would win anything like State Champs, but perhaps they will improve to win more than one game...

I hope its a sufficient answer to the dumbest reply to the funniest post of the week.

Reply #74165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am sure the Southern Club will be awesome in a months time.

Reply #74174 | Report this post

Coach K  
Years ago

Its about aiming for improvement anon (74174), The team finished last in the regular season, if they can make their way up to the middle of the pack then they're on the right track.

Just curious, how much time do you put in to your club? Doing everything you can to help? Or just sitting on the cpu with a bowl of cheetos bagging everyone and pondering on what could have been.....

Reply #74215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you only knew.

Reply #74223 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I'm not an English teacher...

Reply #74226 | Report this post

Coach K  
Years ago

Pickles,

Where/when can i get that program you were running at reserves Tuesday night?
Im keen to give that a test run...

Reply #74228 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

I have a copy, but you def need two geeks, not one to run it. Do you any??? lol

Reply #74249 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:37 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754