Simon Pritchard
Years ago

U/14 girls: Two Spaces in Div 1/2

Norwood U/14 girls have space for two players in the Div 1/2 squad for the coming winter season.

Any players of this standard that are interested please contact me on 0412 037720.

Topic #6566 | Report this topic

Fresh  
Years ago

This looks like your typical poach to me...... be careful

Reply #73864 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Fresh- grow up . Seriously.

Reply #73866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poaching: Jenny will be happy with you Simon.

Reply #73873 | Report this post

Fresh  
Years ago

I am serious. I didnt think this sort of thing was permited for juniors?

Reply #73875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its allowed, but its a little dodgy: http://www.hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/281/

Reply #73876 | Report this post

Simon Pritchard  
Years ago

Two Unusual circumstances have created this situation.
I will not be approaching any players they MUST contact me.

Reply #73879 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any U/14 players at Norwood who would like to move clubs. Please feel free to contact any other club. Looks like you are being recruited over.

Reply #73885 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

What Simon did is no different to a club announcing trials on here. If Simon had of posted "Norwood Under 14 Div 1/2 winter season trials, ALL players welcome to attend". Same thing, different wording.

Reply #73887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, when Norwood tries to poach players they go straight to the kids parents and bad mouth the coach of the club they are at. Trust me, I know the parents.

Reply #73889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #73885,

Good point...so much for junior development when you want to get players from elsewhere rather than use your best Div 3 player in Div 2 and so on up the chain. What message is that sending out to those kids.

Reply #73891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually it is massively different. If 2 kids leve from 1 club, they will be down players. This could cause another club to struggle to fill a team, causing bye's. Or worse yet. For a club to pull out a team and therefore other players missing out on games.

Reply #73895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The current state of basketball is such that clubs need to focus on two things:

1. Developing players that they have.
2. Bringing in new players into our sport.

NO SHORTCUTS

Reply #73896 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

Last week it was Adelaide Southern that had the bitching, today it's Norwood turn, what club will be next week.

He has done nothing wrong. It's getting beyond the joke.

Reply #73903 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

I agree whole-heartedly Joe.

Get over it , focus on your own kids/team and stop whining about what everyone else is doing.

Reply #73905 | Report this post

Highhorse  
Years ago

Common Coach talk. "I have a weak group this year and have to do a bit of recruiting". I have heard it from some coaches on here who deny it at length in this forum.

Reply #73914 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its a bit like the Southern "representives" who arrive in Victor Harbor to visit the parents of players who are already playing somewhere else. No poaching doesnt happen does it??? Lets pay out the program of the club they are currently at and claim they are much better off somewhere else, even though the last time these sides met they beat them by a "real bloody lot"

Reply #73948 | Report this post

ghost of big kev  
Years ago

there is nothing wrong with what has been offered.
I do agree with the why not use Div 3 players?
I believe Norwoods div 3 girls did a phoenix over the sumemr season and won their GF

surely that deserves a promotion

Reply #73961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 73948, Can you expand further and tell us what happen and when this happened?

Reply #73978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 73948, I think these teams play each other this week at Mount Barker don't they?

Reply #73981 | Report this post

Woftam  
Years ago

Would not happen at sturt

Reply #74013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woftam - I think your nose just grew an inch longer.

Reply #74017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anon,

Actually only West and Norwood have done it.

Reply #74019 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

No different than Sturt coaches approaching players to go to their Club on a persistent basis.

Reply #74043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smith,

Nothing wrong with that. I looked it up in my Blues dictionary and it is called "Junior Development"

Reply #74074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your blue book on junior development says ask players to your club mmmmmm, thats not development thats recruiting.Development is taking the div 3 player and making a basketballer out of him/her. TOO SLOW...we recruit,poach etc, because its about results NOW, for you guys,NOT the finished PRODUCT.

Reply #74080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is not how WE do it. Anon #74080 you are obviously not from Sturt.

Look at the number of kids fomr our club that have actaully played elsewhere compared to North, Forestville and Norwood.

If the one's that had moved where happy with the development they were getting at their old club they would not have choosen to move.

Reply #74083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#74083) - you talk the most amount of sh!t on here.

Development/herd mentality same diff.

Reply #74085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #78083,

What does your second paragraph mean? Are you saying that Sturt have less players that have moved to another club compared to the 3 clubs you have mentioned? If so it probably means Sturt do more "recruiting/poaching" than those three. And don't tell me they were all due to the other party approaching Sturt first - we all know instances where this is not true!

Reply #74090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #74090

IMO Sturt has had less players transfer to other clubs due ot unhappiness and less players transfer into the club from other clubs compared to the other top 3 clubs.

Reply #74102 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Amazing how everytime poaching comes up, the thread always comes back to Sturt...

Reply #74123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

... and everytime no-one can back it up with names!

The only people who've been accused of poaching in this thread appears to be Southern (73948) and Norwood (73889).

Reply #74130 | Report this post

Rite  
Years ago

Anon#74130 I am glad you follow your own advice and I am not accusing anyone of poaching, just pointing out an interesting fact.

Reply #74135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where there's smoke there's fire!!

Reply #74139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rite, I haven't given any advice to follow!
Nor have I haven't accused anyone of poaching, merely pointed out posts that have (without commenting about their validity at all) - neither of which mention Sturt.

Reply #74142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simon, are you Indiana, by any chance?

Reply #74144 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Give it up. No one in innocent in this debate. There is not one single Club out there who has NEVER gone after a kid from another Club.

Reply #74147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As far as im concered if you can get away with it, JUST DO IT

Reply #74148 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

This is just a repeat of the thread last week.
No point buying into it.

No.

Reply #74154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So which Norwood team do you oach ten Indiana?

Reply #74156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Indiana's nose just grew an inch too....

Reply #74158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

l

Reply #110635 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754