billo
Years ago

Boomers v Scotland

I see we had a pretty convincing win against the Scots 129-52, does anyone know any more than that? Top scorers etc? Is there a box score floating round the net somewhere?

Also, I'm sure this is old news, but why are Canada not fielding a team?

Topic #6597 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I was flicking channels and caught the last 7 seconds. Why wouldn't they cover the game instead of some of the other boring crap they're showing?

Boxscore

Eight Boomers in double figures. Holmes had 7 points and 6 rebounds in just 11 minutes. Newley had 23 points for the game high. Rono 17, SMac 12, Worthington 12, Davidson and Rogers 11.

No Scot got in double figures. We won the boards 41-20. 2 steals and 1 block for the Scots to our 13 steals and 8 blocks. Not very fair is it?

Reply #74194 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

CHeers Isaak,

boxscore looks like a highschool game (albeit a very high scoring one) with everyone from both teams getting a good run, no one gets relegated to the bench!! Interesting that CJ only got 3 points, obviously not looking for his shot (5 assists in 17 minutes). 15 threes for us is a lot, at 50% too, I suspect the Scottish perimeter defense was a little weak.

If I only I was still up in Edinburgh, I don't think these Londoners will care if I give them crap about the result.

Reply #74197 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

I really liked watching the game, it shows how fortunate we are to have a national team that talented, and a league to produce it. There was little notable talent for scotland, be hard pressed to find a player on that team who could make an NBL bench. This can only be good for our team, and the sport.... entertaining basketball, lets get tha gold!

Reply #74198 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Everyone... Paul Rogers hit 3/3 FT 100%!!!!!!

Oh yeh, top stuff Boomers!

Reply #74202 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

i was so surprised when i saw that, i thought when he was on the line the first time he'd miss it and the scotts would figure him out and use him to get some respectability back but he proved me wrong... they oplayed like a team... guess gorj has got an idea,.

Reply #74213 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Dissapointed with the Boomers 4th quarter though - to only score 25 points! heads must roll.

Lastly when was Ronaldson named joint captain with CJ?

And do they really need a joint captain?

Reply #74214 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

DJ, it just sounds good and more official... So yeh Goorj just wants to sound like a chiller.

Reply #74222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can only have one captain, must be a typeo.

Reply #74248 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Sav was going to be co captain but when he pulled out with injury the team had a vote and it was Bear in a landslide. Apparently.

Reply #74263 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:48 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754