aristotle
Years ago

is this a tech foul ? help refs !

we all know yelling and doing visually offensive things to a player during foul shots is a tech.

Basically gaining any unfair advantage by using / confusing any of their opponent's senses in a non sportsmanlike manner could be a tech.

What about this - the other night an opponent broke wind on the stripe, then walked away as I was awarded free throws - a rancid odour ensued and the ref handed me the ball to shoot - 5 secs - no ref time out to clear the air, no time out to the offending team.

This action put me way off my shot and got the desired result.

As i sprung for the second he broke wind again - causing a rucus and put me off.

I know the penalty for gassing during a time out huddle on my team - surely this programmed thwart by our opponents is not leagl.

Topic #661 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

sounds like a disqualifying foul to me - possibly with a tribunal

very FOUL indeed !

Reply #6499 | Report this post

x-factor  
Years ago

sounds like good tactics if you ask me!

Reply #6503 | Report this post

unknown  
Years ago

i would let you take the shot again if he put u off twice. if he kept it up iwould chuck him out the stadium

Reply #6619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ahahha funny

Reply #6630 | Report this post

Grey Area  
Years ago

As a ref, it probasbly would be considered to be a tech foul, but i think it would be pretty harsh to call it.

Maybe we sould bring it the "illegal defence" rule from the NBA to stop it :)

Reply #6691 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:27 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754