Anonymous
Years ago

Boomers on C9

In think that they will be showing SOME of the match on channel 9.
It said on The Advertiser that it was on 6:30PM but they said they would show it some time tonight.

Also, has anyone noticed that when they begin the morning, the intro has all these sports and a person in a red shirt in mid air about to dunk.

And it's none other than Adelaide's WILLIE FARLEY!!!

Topic #6613 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

They showed 3 minutes of Australia vs Nigeria and then went back to other crap. That sucks.

Reply #74360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was just on... Wow, a whole about 3 mins. Pathetic.

Reply #74361 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And I stayed awake for that? Off to bed ..... ;-)

Reply #74363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's back on again... for how long I don't know.

Reply #74364 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

overall 11mins.

best 11mins of my life.

Stupid channel 9 only show 1 Q and 1 minute value.

Who wants to see Scotland V England in cycling rather the Aus in basketball?

Reply #74367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow... they actually showed the last 8 mins of the 4th quarter. I was almost waiting for them to cut it short before the siren and go to something else.

Reply #74368 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

oh it is highly pathetic... im glad i got the foxtel deal...... its angering really... theres alot of people who wouldnt be able to see just how good the boomers are at the moment.

Reply #74369 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

The Boomers good? Firstly, I stayed up and saw the last quarter. Secondly, it's hard to judge how good anyone is versus Nigeria. Thirdly though - they weren't good. The game was so stop/start with constant fouling, we'd get murdered by Lithuania or any other decent competition. Hurry back, Mr Bogut/Andersen/Neilsen/Anstey and Co.

Reply #74372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What they showed on C9 was just boring.

The boomers maybe doing well - but the part of the match they showed was disappointing. Far too slow a game.

Reply #74373 | Report this post

hurley  
Years ago

1, this is our second team.... 2, you cant judge a game after only watching few minutes, 3, Nigeria are the african champions and ARE actually a good team,4, yes when we get anstey, anderson, bogut etc we will (probably) be up there with lithuania.....

Reply #74381 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

You would think that being the Commonwealth games and held in Australia, it would be every Australians God given right to be able to see all the events on TV. The fact that the Basketball is shown on Fox and you had to pay extra to get it is a disgrace. The 11 minutes of tonight's game is the only TV I have watched on the Commonweatlh games because I am disgusted with it.

Reply #74382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what you all seem to forget that there are more sports than just basketball.

swimming enthusiasts would want all the swimming to be shown, the shooters all the shooting, hockey all the hockey.

what free to air tv has to try to do, is bring all the sports and all the finals to the screen.

why do you think foxtel has seven channels to cover the games and you expect to see a whole game of basketball on free to air, dream on.

Reply #74390 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I do agree with your point EC, but it's pretty funny to see someone claim a "god given right" to television viewing. ;)

Supposedly what those who've paid extra for the eight C'wealth Games Fox channels are getting isn't all that much better. I think a decade ago, television viewership for basketball was very average and the network executives have never forgotten that. It's a real shame because as every fan of the sport knows, it's a great game to follow.

Good to see Holmes and Newley do well anyway. Holmes had 11 in 12 minutes and Newley had 15 in 20.

Reply #74391 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

don't know if I'd want to be as good as Lithuania... maybe Argentina or Serbia.

Reply #74404 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

FIBA site has better coverage than Ch9 - and a nice Bogut face on official FIBA WC advert.

http://www.fiba.com/pages/en/index_en.asp?intro=0

Reply #74406 | Report this post

Mr Black  
Years ago

Anon wrote "swimming enthusiasts would want all the swimming to be shown, the shooters all the shooting, hockey all the hockey"

Yeah, but deciding to show england and scotland competing rather than an Australian team competing is poor (if not down right stupid) judgement by channel 9 regardless of sport

Anon wrote "why do you think foxtel has seven channels to cover the games and you expect to see a whole game of basketball on free to air, dream on."

Im sure Foxtel pay you well in your position as internet lurker

Reply #74424 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Maybe they are showing the "British" athletes because we have to now accomodate that Pommy commentator Mark Nicholls (?) who is the flavour of the month with NINE.

Does anyone else get annoyed listening to that accent of his all the time - he reminds me of my boring geography teacher from about 15 yrs ago. And he cant help but make Cricket references to every sport he introduces.

This guy will be stepping into Richie Benauds boots when he retires.

Reply #74428 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

1. The foxtel coverage is great! I've seen pretty much everything ive wanted to see.

2. I do realise people wanted to see more of the basketball but this was not a final, there was no medal being decided or anything like that. That is why the cycling was shown i presume. I dont agree with it, but thats the way they are doing it. How bout cut out some of the ads and just show more sport fullstop.

Reply #74439 | Report this post

Eagle  
Years ago

I know a lot of people who voted with their feet and deliberately did not get the Foxtel coverage in protest against having to pay extra.

Reply #74511 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mr Black

in fact I paid foxtel to have it in my home they do not pay me as an internet lurker.

and i was one of the many who positively REFUSED to fork over more money for seven extra channels.

if i knew what was being offered because for the last six weeks at almost every opportunity we've had Glen Saville and Lauren Jackson, Ian Thorpe along with other althetes from various sports on and on and on and on at foxtel viewers to take up the package.

Reply #74513 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Whether you subscribe to Foxtel or not is dependant on how much value for money you will get. Working full time, and having preference to the internet over the TV in my leisure time, Foxtel is not good value for me. The only shows I would be interested in is Basketball. If you look at last season, I believe there would have been only 2 Sixers away games shown on Fox. For the cost of subscribing for the year, I chose to travel interstate on 2 occasions to see the game live.

Reply #74518 | Report this post

auslot  
Years ago

i have the channel 9 coverage on dvd if anyone would like a copy. thank god for my dvd burner/video recorder.

i am pretty pissed with channel 9's coverage. i used to play lawn bowls as well as hockey when i was a junior. havent seen much of either but what small amount i have has been great.

i like to watch all the team sports as well surely they could piss the swimming off in the morning and show some of the team sports instead.

so much for balanced viewing.

carn the aussies

auslot

Reply #74537 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:43 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754