Anonymous
Years ago

Missing ABL players??

Just wondering does anyone know what has happened to Leah Mencel (from West Adelaide), is she still playing??

Nat Buck, Lori Childs, Kelly Grivelle, Melissa Marsh (all Norwood)???

Also Phil from Centrals; or Simon Kent from South (played North last year); Ben Loman (norwood); Jason Williams; Eric Bradley (woodville) etc etc???

Can anyone shed any light on the disapearance of this players?

Also, it seems there are more names missing from last year, who have you notice missing, and does anyone know why?

How much stronger would our competition be this year if we had more names to choose from per club???

Topic #6651 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Young fella or lass,

Its a young league. There is a huge turnover of players at abl level yr in yr out. Alot of the names you mention have moved onto things like marriage, careers and other sports like footy.

Have a look at team lists from 3 yrs ago and its likely only 2-4 players will be left on each team. Some teams have mass players leave due to change of coach or sick of current coach.

The one thing you can trust will happen in amatuer sport is its constantly changing.

Reply #74659 | Report this post

Macca  
Years ago

Marshy went back home to Perth and is then headed for a stint in the UK.

Reply #74661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what 'tree' are you under

eric bradley didn't play abl in adelaide in 2005 so he can't be missing if he is the FBI should be called in.

matt 'tree' elder was the import last year for the might warriors and he's gone to other pastures.

Reply #74666 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Leah Mencel is living in Melbourne.

Reply #74673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leah Mencel moved back to adelaide

Reply #74674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The real question is - Where is Luke Hoban?

Answer - Not even in the 10 for the (currently) bottom side...

Good move Luke. Hope your heart muscle is ok...

Reply #74679 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

I just want to know where Tammy Birbeck is playing this year (or not) as she was at Southern last year - know they had a big recruitment in the off season - did this leave her to depart?

Reply #74682 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cav,
Tammy Birbeck is now Tammy Walker I assume.
So yes she is still playing.

Reply #74683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

don't know about missing players but after three rounds, Woodville men are missing something, chemistry, confidence, consistency?

Reply #74695 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Ben Lomman playing Div 3, as is Januske (spelling?)

Reply #74698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil Modra From centrals Is Playing Football last i heard

Reply #74701 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Januske was only filling in for an injured Skyhook - wont be a regular. He's too busy with his Inspire personal training business.

Reply #74704 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Anon 74674

So is Leah playing again? Too good a talent not to be.

Reply #74709 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Im actually playing football this season. Cant play ABA because we train Tuesday, Thursday and play Saturday.

Reply #74748 | Report this post

x baller  
Years ago

Lommax who u playing footy for and what div are u guys in?

Reply #74756 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So is Leah Mencel playing basketball in Adelaide again??

And Lommax, who you playing footy for.... interesting because a lot of footy players have training Tuesday, Thursday and a game Saturday - I also have a recovery on Sunday Morning!!!

So why can't you be involved in Basketball as well ??? Most importantly, games are Saturday night and Sunday - and you could always put in on the track on the left over days .... MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAY!!!

Reply #74758 | Report this post

NWD  
Years ago

Anon,

Div 3 plays on Monday night,trains wed and sunday .

ABA would require more of Bens time. He has played for the club for 20 years and is still involved, but wants to juggle Football aswell.
I think it is good that he is allowing some younger guys to step into the ABA side.

Reply #74763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ali Trewartha??

Reply #74765 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Ali Trewartha - New Mexico Junior College

Reply #74769 | Report this post

Lommax  
Years ago

Playing footy for Athlestone Raggies Div 3 Amatuers although we beat TTG who are Div 2 by 7 goals in a trial match on the weekend.

I would still love to be involved with an ABL club but Norwood train Monday and Thursday which collides with my football schedule. Div 2 plays on a Tuesday night which also collides with footy. Div 3 fits perfectly at the moment with Monday games, Wednesday and Sunday trainings.

Reply #74771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ben, when will you guys play Walkerville away? Be great to catch up for a beer with you, Wags, Fenton and the other Norwood boys again.

Will

Reply #74832 | Report this post

greeny  
Years ago

ali trewartha is coming back soon for north i hear.
And what has happenend to sime kent

Reply #74860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Belinda Tredwell??

Reply #74870 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

And Michelle McCarthur/Treanor??

Reply #74875 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Leah Mencel is playing for West Adelaide

Reply #74944 | Report this post

looking  
Years ago

What about players that were in the Bowley/Summerton age group - they were a VERY strong year and shouldve taken the state titles if memory serves me. Alex Lough, Jess Shearing, Kate Smith - i think that they may be born in about 1983 they're just a few names that come to mind.

Reply #75186 | Report this post

Ross Smith  
Years ago

We would be very interested in talking to Leah Mencel regarding playing ABA with us in 2007

Reply #96694 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So would we!

Reply #96852 | Report this post

Rossco Smith  
Years ago

Have we heard if Leah Mencel playing basketball again?
or what is she up to?

Reply #261849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:27 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754