Isaac
Years ago

Rumour: Pero to Adelaide, Holmes going?

On OzHoops, Curious (usually on the ball with rumours) posted:

Pero to Adel is the latest rumour.
Pero Vasiljevic, 208cm and 112kg, suited for West Sydney last year and averaged 14 PPG, 10 RPG and 3 APG in 21 games. 49% from the field, and almost a block and a steal per game. Downsides are the 16% from the arc, 64% on free throws, and more than 3 turnovers per game. Still, he's big, he puts in the effort and he's an entertaining player to watch.

May just be that Adelaide have got in touch to check his asking price and little more, but he could be worth getting involved.

Could Holmes be the next departure from Adelaide? He's got a big decision to make this morning.

Topic #6680 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

If we get Pero you know that things are slim on the opportuntity line.

Look for Brett to get frustrated at Pero's inability to follow a set play in the clutch.

Still you know some dunks are going to happen and paired with Coop you have a solid and intimidating shot block party

Reply #74934 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Kent, seeing as most of Adelaide's set plays are sub-par, whats there to lose. Pero is a great player, and will get better. He'd be a good pickup.

Reply #74937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pero had last year an average of 10 rebounds ( most defensive) and 14 points per match with West Sydney. A few more than Coops.

Just stop him from trying to shoot 3 pointers .

Reply #74939 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

If we can get pero and re-sign nashy, we may be ok, especially with an import spot available, a line up of
C Pero
F Import
F Nash (if Holmes stays he can start and put nash off the bench)
G Farley
G Maher
6 Hill
7 Cooper
8 Copeland????? (rumoured)
9 Aussie fwd (Hambour)
10 Aussie Guard (Gerlach)
I think that team could be ok, especially if we do manage to re-sign Holmes

Reply #74952 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Dr. BS

Adelaide had set plays last year? I didn't see any....

Reply #74961 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

There is a lot to like about Pero. Its just that the elevator doesent go to the top floor. He gets up and down the floor quicker than anyone in this league (C PF) so to play him at his best will mean a fast transition game, not sure that will suit with Maher on the court. As such half court offence were you have to think and Pero might struggle.

But with Hill, Farley and other uptempo players then it will be fun to watch.

Reply #74965 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

There is a lot to like about Pero. Its just that the elevator doesent go to the top floor. He gets up and down the floor quicker than anyone in this league (C PF) so to play him at his best will mean a fast transition game, not sure that will suit with Maher on the court. As such half court offence were you have to think and Pero might struggle.

But with Hill, Farley and other uptempo players then it will be fun to watch.

Reply #74966 | Report this post

j bags  
Years ago

Who keeps writing that Hamburgler, and his mammoth back side to be warming the 6ers bench?

Jonno I dunno, the burgler is a big No No!!

Reply #74967 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have to try and stay optimistic and look on the bright side of things, life will go one with or with out Forman and Jake if he leaves. This is a side I would like if Holmes leaves

C: Pero / Cooper (acceptable and fun to watch, like has been said)
PF: Import / Dodman (new player and unknown commodity ATM anything is possible)
SF: Farley / Nash (both unsure of future with the club, hope both stay)
SG: Maher / (As long as they are a young player, not over 40)
PG: Hill / L Martin (an option maybe)

With Holmes

C: Pero / Cooper
PF: Import / Hambour / Dodman
SF: Holmes / Nash (offers stability and flexibility)
SG: Farley /??? (Copeland or Rucker IMO is not a viable option)
PG: Maher / Hill

I would hope that if Jake leaves they start Willy at the 3 spot and play a backcourt of Hill and Maher, recruiting Rucker and or Copeland would simply be going backwards and I would rather see the Sixer go for a young player (Eric Burton, Bronson Kies or a Michael Zorick) someone who potentially could make it rather than a player who is over 40. The Sixer have to sign 2 of the under 20 side (to a development contract) rather than go for recycled players who have only a very limited lifespan.

Would Luke Martin be an option if Holmes leaves to balance the point guard spot?

Reply #74968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re : #74968

I would rather see the Sixer go for a young player (Eric Burton, Bronson Kies or a Michael Zorick)

Would happen to be a North supporter/player would you??

Reply #74972 | Report this post

hutt  
Years ago

If he was a North person, maybe he'd know how to spell their names?

Reply #74973 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Pero would be good value, but more a PF IMO. I like the way he plays above the rim and throws it down with some authority. An exciting player like that might even bring the crowds back. How is he defensively besides blocking shots?

While disappointed at losing Oscar I don't think he was a fantastic defensive player in the position he was played in and his numbers were approximately similar to the previous season. I expected him to make more of an impact in 05/06.

I think losing Jake would be more damaging to the team as he improved significantly in 05/06, Was the only other consistent rebounder (with Dusty), is a great passer and is great at the defensive end.

Reply #74981 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

I feel that Brad Hill will need to develop a lot more mentally if he is to carry the ball. I don't see anything wrong with recruiting someone like Rucker to to the job and pass on many years of experience to Hill.

Reply #74995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hill can play 2 or 3 as well, he is tall enough to fill in and he is aggressive enough. He just needs to slow down some times and pass more so he does not force things.

Reply #75000 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

if i were to start hill, if holmes leaves id start with him at small forward and have a starting line up like
C Pero???
PF Import
SF Hill
SG Farley
PG Maher
as i think brett is the far better point guard and hill is more suited to the sg/sf positions

Reply #75021 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I cant believe people are really suggesting playing farley and or hill at the 3 spot, sure this will work in certain games for certain spurts/runs but to base your main rotation on that is ludicrios.

Imagine them defending a Saville, Mackinnon, Cattalini?!?
Hell Dusty will probably even get a run as a SF during games in Brisbane!?!

IMO SF have the best oppurtunity to score points in this league (long theory email me if you want to get into it). So therefore putting in a undersized guy to defend that spot would be crazy.

Reply #75035 | Report this post

Years ago

Here's an idea, bring some young guys in, actually play them too, save some money and watch them grow as players and get a bit of excitement and unpredictability into The Dome on gmae nights. Make things fun!

C: Pero / Cooper / Bungey
PF: *Import* / Hambour / Dodman
SF: Holmes / Nash
SG: Farley / Hill
PG: Maher / Gerlach

Surely that's do-able

Reply #75039 | Report this post

Wolly  
Years ago

my team

C:Hinder
PF:Pero
SF:Import
SG:Farley
PG: Brett
6SF:Copeland
7SG:Nash
8C:Cooper
9PG:Hill
10PF:Hambour

id be happy with that if they could get it.

Reply #75205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

theyre all gay

Reply #75206 | Report this post

tim  
Years ago

is there any more news on talking with pero?? isaac, do you know if he is talking to other teams at all?? what would his point rating be??

Reply #75878 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There has been no more on Pero recently. Didn't Daws say on radio last night that they weren't interested in him? There's a pretty substantial difference between a club having an interest in a player and offering them a contract. Interest could be enquiring regarding their asking price or just letting them know that if their first priorities don't eventuate, they might talk more.

Pero would be a 10 point player.

Reply #75880 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:23 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754