RR
Years ago

LAUREN JACKSON

im doing an oral assignment on lauren jackson and just wanted to know everyones thoughts on how she copes with the media, does the media focus to much on her, does it take focus away from other players.

im struggling to find things about it off the internet and in mags and booksd. wanted to know if i anyone knew anything?

Topic #6715 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

apart from the fact that i believe you should do your own research and not expect others to do your work.

i believe that Lauren has from a very young age handled the media well. possibly it a family upbringing both parent played for australia, possibly its the AIS training.

she is always gracious and a perfect role model on and off the court.

does the media focus on her too much? well when you are one of the best players in the world of course the focus will be on you. so i'd say no.

she seems to handle her media commitment with ease.

does it detract from the other players, no why would it? andrew gaze would always be a focus in his teams, shane heal in his teams, if the media focus on one or two players it allows the others to do their job without the added pressure.

the fact that these players are getting the attention already means that they are on top of their game.

Reply #75416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You must be female then RR!

Reply #75582 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can't believe it took someone two days to make a joke about an "oral assignment" on Lauren Jackson. Either the forum collective is slipping, or people are listening to my requests that female basketball players be considered on their playing merits and not their sexuality. Oh well.

Reply #75585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

hahaha oral

Reply #75623 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

yeah guys this ians t very nice

Reply #75648 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754