Anonymous
Years ago

ABL Results 25th of March

Okay folks, lets have 'em.

And if anyone could do a summary of the game/s they saw as well, that'd be much appreciated!

Topic #6727 | Report this topic

Eagle  
Years ago

Eagles men and women both won. Both entertaining games.

Reply #75410 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

north wimen beat woodville girls by 20 odd. woodville men beat north men by about 15. Pudifoot goes off!!!! 35 points 22 rebounds not sure how many assists. big paul rees made some key plays near the finish (2 huge dunks)better performance by the team good 2 get our first win on the board

Reply #75414 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Sturt men won by 19, Oscar dominant.

Reply #75415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North women got a shock tonight when the warriors were more than competitive against them. Down by 20ish at half time the Warriors out scored the Rockets to be only 10 down at the last break.

Woodville only scoring 10 and 9 in the first two qtrs hit 21 in the third but failed to maintain the same intensity in the last quarter and the rockets ran away with a win by around 20.

Woodville have improved over the past few weeks and with Brooke Sidebottom playing with more confidence they will push a few more sides and eventually put some wins on the board.

North men jumped to a seven point early lead and although Woodville clawed it back to level at 32 all they were still ahead at the half time break, Hambour doing a lot of work at both ends of the floor.

Puddifoot scored a game high 27 but was ably supported by Birmingham, Mapunda, Rees and Baggott.

Great to see some of those 3 pointers dropping, leaving Hambour off for so long in the last quarter hurt North, once the Warriors hit the front there was no going back.

With a win under their belt the Warriors and playing with confidence should be hard to beat.

Reply #75417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whats the final score for Forestville men, need to know so I can work out the margin for my tips!

Reply #75420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

West over Norwood in the Womens by about 5.

Norwood over West in the Mens by 3, 88-85. Went right down to thwe wire, the lead cnaged several times. I don't think either led by more than 7 the entire game, it was close throughout.

West had their chances but let it slip. A lot of blocks from the Norwood bigs and some spectacular fast breaks from the Bearcats. All in all, a great game to watch.

Reply #75421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes the woodville women might be looking good in a few years time with some good juniors coming through the ranks and with sidebottom and the new tall girl that everyone was talking about - she was very good defensively imo

Reply #75424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville men blew mavs away with a 30+pt lead by half time. Some great 2nd qtr action and shots from everwhere. Mavs shots not falling. Some mental lapses and basic mistakes by Fvvle in the 2nd half allowed mavs to get within 11 by the 4th as their shots picked up, but Fvlle stepped up a notch again to win by 14 I think it was.

Reply #75425 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

woooooot!! i picked forestville by 15 and they won by 14
wat does that mean, now im 20th in the league and from the results posted ive so far got 4/6

Reply #75426 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Southern over Centrals in a very ugly game by 27. Southern were wayyyyyy better the whole game, good ball movement, great D.

Gerlach MVP for Tigers, not sure on the guys name who won it for Centrals, a benchy who worked hard all night.

Reply #75430 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about the women?

Reply #75431 | Report this post

What drugs are you on, anonymous (#75414)??? Pudds had 27 and 18 (unbeliveable to watch) and Rees didn't have 2 'huge' dunks at all, he had 1 massive one though!

Reply #75432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ELG had a very good game too, some great boards and a nice shooting touch

Reply #75434 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Who is pud playing for?

Reply #75438 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Puddifoot, not MD if that's what you're thinking. Puddifoot is playing for Woodville.

Sturt beat South as has been said. Got out by 19 courtesy of some superb defense by Gower (7 steals and 3 blocks for the game). It had been close for a fair while and then Thur fouled Forman, added a tech, Forman went 4/4 FT and then South had a stretch of missing shots and coughing it up.

The lead at half-time was 49-35. After that South played some very solid basketball in the third to get it back to within five and Panther was looking pretty hopeful in street clothes at the end of the bench. Sturt recovered with an 18-8 final quarter to win 83-64.

Forman 29 points, 16 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals, including a very nice alley and also a two-handed tip jam (60.5 HSA all up I think). Ng had 16, 7 and 5, and Gower had 13, 4 and 3 blocks, 7 steals as mentioned.

Scanlon had a hot streak at one point, but went 8/24 for 19 points. Only other Panther in double figures was Frost with 13 and 8. Machar is a good addition to the league (would be close to the tallest in the competition? Maybe 208cm?) but South don't seem to use him too much. What's his basketball background?

South won the boards 63-52 but had 28 turnovers.

Reply #75444 | Report this post

Matt Elder  
Years ago

It was just a matter of time until the shots starting falling for Woodville.

Way to go Pudz. I knew the next team was in trouble after the last couple of games.

I wish I was there with you guys.

Go WARRIORS.

Reply #75451 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

It was also good to see Birmingham back to his best!! hit some crucial shots! well done warriors good game.

Reply #75453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#75424) yes the new girl was very good defensively and had some great blocks.

her offence needs finishing off, some great moves to the basket only to rush the shot.

plenty of promise.

if woodville can put together a few quarters like the third against north, the first against centrals and the first against sturt they would win more than they lose.

Reply #75454 | Report this post

hard_of_smelling?  
Years ago

Smell that stench from the North? That was the Lions men stinking it up against the Tigers. Southern started 16-3, and the Lions never really recovered. The Tigers were just far too disciplined and committed whereas the Lions appeared sloppy and out of sync offensively. Good win by the men to put them back at 2-2 on the season.

Reply #75457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't been much mention of it, would have thought there would've been much more...

In a great physical but controlled battle - right down to the wire...
ONE OF THE BEST GAMES SO FAR THIS SEASON - Norwood over West.

There were bigs inside, there smalls and happy trigger pulling from outside, fast breaks galore, an ever changing lead and great game flow. Sometimes even seeing some of the smalls try there luck taking it to the rack.

Very exciting game and more needs to be said about it... this was basketball at its best.

Great atmosphere aswell - not the biggest crowd i've seen, but down the stretch, definately the lowdest and how great is it for norwood to have its identity back - MARS.

Looks like Rory was the best for West and Robin Eley for Norwood had a great game, where Cooper found it hard inside tonight - not all to do with Crusher's physical presence but that helped shut him down. The younger bigs for west stood strong not allowing the moment to occur for a talent miss match inside.
No8 for norwood - who is he... he gave some good minutes to account for Cooper's quiet game.
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY STATS??

Reply #75459 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boxscores are now online for all games bar North vs Woodville.

Reply #75461 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Issac...

how long for the stats on the rockets v warriors game

Reply #75463 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Usual story - when someone sends them to me, I'll put them up.

Reply #75468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

REES U BIG DUNKER!!

Reply #75476 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Issac...is that someone from one of the clubs...

Reply #75479 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Who should send them to me? Yes. Some clubs do it straight away after the games, some do it during the following week, some forget and then I rely on ABA coaches to email them through when they're sent out.

Reply #75533 | Report this post

C:Dos/Run  
Years ago

Sturt last week and north this week have both caught the 'woodville bug'. Lapses in intensity allowed a hard working woodville to get crucial points in tough situations, made the shots when thay had to but just didnt have enought depth off the bench. I think bench scorers were like north 30 to a woodville 7. New woodville girl was average at best, and does not know how to box out and rebound. I think she got 2 of her fouls going over the back.

As we saw saturday night and last week the teams facing woodville have been getting very frustrated. I mean if an undisclipined team goes against them and this happens woodville will take the win. Happy gave the refs a bit both ends of the floor, but had no argument - i think frustration got the better of him.

MVP was easily Erin Lorenzini. She was what kept north together.

Reply #75536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lorenzini is quality, as a young point guard she really keeps her even younger team together. has had a great start to the season so far. she is also exciting to watch as she just completes really hard!

Reply #75540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lions women played well until the last quarter where poor use of the bench left key players tired and again in foul trouble. Tiredness in the last quarter was displayed in high turnovers, poor shots (air balls) and lack of aggression on defence. However a much-improved side that should see some more wins on the board before the season is out.

Reply #75560 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

BTW, is Brenton Campbell going to suit for the rest of the season with the Eagles? Bit of a surprise on the boxscore when I saw it!

Reply #75583 | Report this post

big but  
Years ago

I would imagine he would fit in to the "guard" rotation, happy to have him back.

Un related I noticed Tamara Dartnell playing for Sturt. Does anyone know what happened to her brother Adrian? He used to be a fantastic player.......

Reply #75602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BC returned to Adelaide as he heard that Phil Smyth was going to give all the young guns more court time now and develop them.

Reply #75647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adrian was a descent junior - hed be 30 - 31 now....

Reply #75655 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754