patts
Years ago

National Coach

I cannot understand why the Australian Mens baketball team does not have a national coach that is only a national coach and does not coach an NBL team.

Jan Stirling is the national coach for the womens and does not coach a team in the WNBL.

Other sports also, have a national coach that does not coach league teams. i.e netball, soccer, cricket.

This would stop all the talk of the national coach picking only Sydney players etc.

What do others think?

Topic #6745 | Report this topic

Dr Damage  
Years ago

National job does not pay enough or require the time.

Reply #75579 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Who is good enough to be a national coach and then sit idle during the NBL season? What a silly comment.

Reply #75659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adrian Hurley did it EC
Barry Barnes did it EC

Reply #75664 | Report this post

Indiana  
Years ago

Agreed EC. With the reduction in all money or the sport it will never happen again.

Reply #75697 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

USA doesnt do it, argentina doesnt do it, why should we do it?

Silly comment, what will the coach do all year??? talking appointments, cos i know he hasnt got his players too often.

Not needed.

Reply #75699 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:37 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754