Anonymous
Years ago

Gaze.com.au article on Adelaide dramas

Interesting, we're not the only ones noticing something is going on with the Sixers management.

(This link should take you straight to the article.)

From the outside looking in, one would believe Adelaide would be an ideal place to play in the National league. Success on the court and off the court, in a playing style under coach Phil Smyth that promotes an up-tempo and free flowing game, that can only be an enjoyable environment to play in. A noisy and emotional home crowd every week, that would only put the cherry on top of the experience of playing for the Sixers... Or so you would think.
They have let 3 quality players leave, one an All-Star, one an Australian National player and the third was close to winning this years 6th man of the year award. Rychart and Holmes were starters on an outfit that led the league early through the season. Forman is 24 years old, Holmes 23. Young talent can be hard to find, and after Adelaide have put 5 years of coaching and development into the two young studs, the Breakers and Dragons will now benefit the rewards.

Topic #6751 | Report this topic

hurley  
Years ago

I wouldnt call it doom and gloom yet, have to wait to see who they DO pick up... pero, ballinger, something good maybe....

Reply #75610 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for changing my post, I don't know how to do that kind of stuff Issac

Reply #75612 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Issac the brother of Ocsar?

Reply #75625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, didn't he edit the post?

Reply #75635 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Let me spell it out for you. I...S...A...A...C, not the way you spelt it. Kent's post is a joke. Oh, and in case you don't get it, check this as well - O...S...C...A...R.

Well said Kent!!!

Reply #75636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My sincere apologies to you Isaac, I just assumed Kent made a typo, as I did when I typed Issac instead of Isaac. I have a friend spelled Issac, so naturally it's confusing for me when typing!!

On a side note Kent, I think you should begin each post with "This just in.....".

Reply #75638 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Interesting summation on the bottom of Gazes' post.

Isn't one of,if not the major reason for their departure actually their own development?

Reply #75681 | Report this post

DDFan  
Years ago

Anyone who takes Gaze.com.au seriously needs big-tim therapy. I for one, will be looking forward to chatting with Copes (who I admire enormously) in testing my theory that the Gazes, cost their team championships.
BTW, Nigel Purchase gave me the first inkling many moons ago, so stay tuned.
As a side note, tell me who the Tig's developed over the years. I'll be fascinated to hear of ANY.
Cheers,
DD

Reply #76462 | Report this post

NS  
Years ago

"As a side note, tell me who the Tig's developed over the years. I'll be fascinated to hear of ANY"

Well...
Chris Anstey (discovered and initially developed by Tigers and played his first NBL season for them), Aaron Trahair, Darryl Corletto, A. Gaze., the greats Ray Gordon and Nigel Purchase. Largest junior organisation in Australia, so probably fair to say they have developed their share.

You sound pretty sure of your theory that you will put to Lanard. Don't assume that he will give you a negative response regarding Lindsay or Andrew.

Reply #77613 | Report this post

Thanks for that NS. Have you ever asked the great Nigel why he didn't take the opportunity to shoot the 3? You'd have loved the answer if you did, but then again, I dare say that if you had, you wouldn't have fronted to my post. Development players?
The point of Lanard telling me? Well I wouldn't pass on to you if he did (and he probably won't).
Get back to your VB, you deserve it. :)

Reply #77716 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754