Isaac
Years ago

Message from CEO Mike Daws

Spotted this on the Sixers site:

It has now been two months since the SA Government Treasurer announced the appointment of Mr Bruce Carter from Ferrier Hodgson as the Interim Controller of BASA for the period to 30th April 2006.

Over this time, much work has been done in analysing the finances of BASA and preparing options for the re-structuring of the BASA Group, which includes the Pura Milk 36ers & Adelaide Lightning professional teams and grass roots basketball, as well as the operations of the Distinctive Homes Dome and other stadia.

It has been business as usual for BASA in such areas as sponsorship procurement and player negotiations for next season for both of our elite teams.

We expect that detail on the re-structure will be made available next month as basketball in SA enters an exciting new era of development.

As regards our professional teams, we are currently taking a calm, measured and professional approach to the establishment of the rosters for the 06/07 season. We anticipate there will be major player announcements over the next fortnight.

Watch this space!

Mike Daws
CEO - Basketball SA

Topic #6761 | Report this topic

Joe M  
Years ago

What ever happened with the forum chat with Mike Daws and Phil Smyth? Any news when it is likely to happen or if it will happen at all.

Was the major signing that they were talking about Mark Nash? Or is that some other players that were supposed to be announced yesterday or today (or early this week)?

Reply #75709 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The forum chat might happen sometime this week. It's something that requires specific effort on my part, impacts on my work, yet makes me no money - so you can see why it's hard to prioritise!

Reply #75713 | Report this post

Joe M  
Years ago

That's why it should be at the dome on a Tuesday or Wednesday night, supporter who had a genion question would turn up and ask sensible questions so they wouldn't embarrass themselves. On hear like you said there are no beneficial rewards for you now as you're only a fan, biggest asset for the Sixer are it's fans and customer service at the moment isn't looking very promising.

Mike Daws take the responsibility for this forum chat (or supporter information session) upon yourself and show us how much we mean to the club, don't turn a good thing (because it is a good gesture) and make it someone else responsibility.

Reply #75715 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bit of a burden to have everyone have to travel to the Dome. I wondered about people submitting questions to me via email, Daws/Smyth responding, and I post their responses? That's easier for me. I suspect that an hour of those guys online might be less productive than it could be?

Reply #75718 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Was that an article for the sake of an article?

He seemed to use a lot of words without actually saying anything.

Reply #75720 | Report this post

charlie  
Years ago

just what i suggested earlier isaac. a productive hour would be great.

Reply #75722 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Email and answers sounds like the most logical solution. If you needa ahnd compiling any questions Isaac let me know Ill help if I can.

Joe - as far as travelling to the dome it might be easy for you but I for one will find it a bit hard......just remember that not all Sixer fans live in Western Adelaide ;)

BMG - it probably was a bit of an article just for teh sake of it but we have been complaining for ages about teh lack of contact from teh club...at least Mike Daws is trying to be proactive and make some comment - I think we need to cut him some slack as its hard to give us roster updates when there isnt any. He has stated that there should be player announcements within 2 weeks so lets just wait and see what these announcements are

Reply #75725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

question emailed then answered.

I have had a long involvement with a commerical tv's chat room, interviews and they are bedlam, the same question asked and asked in slightly varying formats.

often you will find the majority have similar questions, and get frustrated that their question has not been asked.

if you made it a 'dome' event, it would be which night, what time, how many would show up, some of our forum group work nights, or play basketball at night. you can't do it during the day, many of us work or attend school or uni.

I actually think in this instance it should be what works best for Isaac.

He and the other moderators do a fanastic job, for little reward and often no recognition of time and effort, just cleaning up the drivel takes.

I actually can't see why Mike Daws and Phil Smyth can't read the already overflowing topics and answer the questions that have been raised here more than once.

Reply #75735 | Report this post

Indians  
Years ago

Give him a break, he has given us when we will hear something.

I think we just assemble some questions ( to Isaac) who can vet them and let them be answered on the forum at a later date

Reply #75741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what about getting daws and smyth both in the studio on talking hoops and fans can call up and ask questions

Reply #75779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

give daws a break,he's been in the job 5 mins and doesnt have a magic wand to fix years of mismanagement from previous regimes,one has to wonder how when a 6er ticket was 'the hottest ticket in town 'why was debt not able to serviced,yet now with crowds down by half and sponsorship dollars harder to come by its expected we can act like we did in the "glory days".Full houses in years gone by only masked what was really happening behind the scenes.I have had some dealings with daws and have found that he is willing to find info from all sources involved in the running of this previous circus.Yes we all want to see us winning titles and having a great side on the court but ponder this,is it better to go through a season or 2 of pain for future stability or for us to all sit back in a few years time and talk about the great teams that once played out of adelaide but no longer exist.I also want adelaide to be once again be called "title town".Lets hope the small steps now will add to the 4 6er titles and 4 lightning titles,we have a great tradition here lets not let it die with bandaid solutions.

Reply #75781 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

careful isaac, another post like that, #75713, and you might be mistaken for an american........."SHOW ME THE MONEY".

Reply #75889 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Unfortunately kb, passion and committment alone does not pay the bills.

Reply #75947 | Report this post

kb  
Years ago

speak for yourself "BODYGUARD"!

passion & committment......is the "ONLY" way to pay the bills.

by the way, what happened to whitney?.......oh that's right, rehab.......either that or bobby brown kicked yo ass!!!

Reply #76080 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Damn KB has fired up the keyboard again.......careful before Ben Fitz hits you up for his Monday night team.

Reply #76091 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:17 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754