hurley
Years ago

Streetball- Would you play?

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone else is agitated by the local courts in adelaide? ive seen courts in parks that are cemented only the size of a freethrow line! what good is that? and what good is a ring without a net? Personally it tampers with my aim as I am for the ball to fall thru the net.... if anyone else has noticed there local council made courts are like this, and u kno u'd use them if they were good... tell your story and maybe we can get onto local councils to change all that.

Topic #6778 | Report this topic

hurley  
Years ago

also does anyone kno any thriving streetball places

Reply #75833 | Report this post

Years ago

You know what would be a good idea I reckon? The big building next to the Woolshed Hotel in Hindley Street as an indoor, 24/7 streetball venue. I have no idea what this building is used for (looks like it might have been a cinema or something once). If someone could pitch this idea to the Adelaide City Council as a community service initiative, it might get some funding. Probably cost way too much to get going though, despite how popular I'm sure it'd be.

Reply #75835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

down the beach, brighton i think, there is an 8ft ring that is packed on a warm saturday's. Standing room only the few times i've been down to check it out.

Reply #75842 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Yeah the one at brighton is awesome...

Reply #75850 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

rings with no net? come on seriously is it that hard to shoot without a net, i mean ok it doesnt make as swish noise when you drain a long 2 but would it really make that much of a differance to how you shoot?

I think this idea would be great, im pretty sure at mt barker theres a court thats set up almost like a cage and looks like one you'd see in NYC (any mavs players know what im talking about) that looked fairly but obviously not in adelaide. I also saw one once just north of adelaide, not sure what suburb, you take a right at the lights where the bombay bicycle club pub is and its down there next to a skate park, went past there once and there wouldve been about 25-30 people around a game there.

Reply #75892 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There are some here in the parklands. Can be a bit windy but that happens at most outdoor courts.

One day when I have time I'll build a site that uses Google Maps to profile all the outdoor basketball courts of Australia with some information about when's best to use them, what sort of crowd goes, etc.

Reply #75895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know the courts near my place r terrible, the courts r fine but the rings r made from solid metal 1 1/2 inche thick, they r worse then shooting at the royal adelaide show.

Reply #76008 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

If you like the 8ft rim at brighton, there's now a full court version with new court surface on brighton rd, next to the skate park just north of Charlie's diner.

Reply #76009 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

awesome, someone setup a dunk comp there quick!

Reply #76560 | Report this post

ww  
Years ago

about the park that is right at the lights where the bombay bicycle club pub is and its down there next to a skate park is it the court with half court size. are yu sure thers a court next to the skate park. ??there's a court in the skate park

Reply #95448 | Report this post

Dee  
Years ago

hey, its always the same crap looking for decent courts to run. there is a few websites where you can find and upload courts. check the link - maybe it is helpful to you. www.courtsoftheworld.com
peace

Reply #236873 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:18 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754